Lizzar, Reptilian Chara Pack for Genesis/DS 4.5

edited January 2013 in Freebies

Lizzar, Reptilian Chara Pack for Genesis/DS 4.5 (.duf format)
Includes everything needed: Textures/Displacement, Full body morph, variations, conforming tail figure. Plays well with others.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/67179/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Lizzar-For-Genesis-DS4.5

Post edited by e-bahr_b0b4c77606 on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Awesome, thank you. Downloading now :-)

• edited December 1969

Awesome, thank you. Downloading now :-)

Very Welcome. :) I hope you enjoy. I'm actually working on an expansion pack for Lizzar, also, after a request for it and a great suggestion from Windigo @ ShareCG. Extended mats, a more feminine form/ makeup, and a few other ideas I have rolling around. Unfortunately I don't see that being ready till at least next week. I'll update here when it is :)

edited December 1969

Kool :-)

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,093
    edited December 1969

I like how versatile this morph is. :D

A3-MrHyde.jpg
    640 x 800 - 71K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

I listed this as a possible "Silurian" morph on the Doctor Who thread.

• edited January 2013

I like how versatile this morph is. :D
    Ty. Awesome picture there, that is a better promo then the ones I have :D I'm, glad you're enjoying.

I listed this as a possible “Silurian” morph on the Doctor Who thread.

Thank you very much. I looked up the Silurian after you posted, and those are awesome looking creatures. Definitely went into my list for future morphs I want to try and make :) I noticed two different styles- one very human looking, and one with large black eyes. I'm guessing from 2 different eras of the WHO series?

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

(Had to go look it up: shows how much I know on the matter... )

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Silurian

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Very impressive work! I am getting an error loading the figure for textures, though. It wants to load My LIbrary/My Library/runtime/textures....

• edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Very impressive work! I am getting an error loading the figure for textures, though. It wants to load My LIbrary/My Library/runtime/textures....

Hrrm, that's strange..Does it say which texture is having an error? I just ran through the mat files and default load, and couldn't reproduce :/ Thanks for the heads up, and hopefully we can hunt this down :)
    CheckingLizzar.jpg
    332 x 373 - 60K
    edited January 2013

wancow said:

Yes I got the same thing. What I did was load in the morph; with the first such error message, browse to and find the file. They all do exist. Then I went to the materials to change the colours. Got the same message ... did the search. Once D/S knows where one picture is, it will find and load the others. However with the mat files loaded, simply save out a new .duf materials preset to the same folder [yes I let it overwrite], then ask again for the default green one and redo that preset. And then all the others. Closed D/S and opened it again [I wanted to be sure memory was cleared]. Now the first load of the Lizzar works correctly as do all the following mats :-)

There is one other error message though that I get but chose to ignore it. It's also looking for 3 base morphs that may or not eventually find their way to the computer as I still have some content to load in 4.5.

As far as I know the only way to truly be sure files are all packed so they will work on anybody's computer, is to test them on a computer that did not make any of it. Either that or remove all the files from one's own program [and from any pathways ever used, D/S has a terrific memory]; slide into the folders that which one plans to redistribute, open D/S and see if they work.

However for freeware of such nice quality, I'm not complaining ... grateful for gifts :-)

problem2.png
    633 x 318 - 28K
    problem.png
    860 x 344 - 80K
    Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Yes, exactly what I did.

Ebahr, it was all the textures. As I said, it wanted to look for them in /My Library/My Library/runtime/

• edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Yes, exactly what I did.

Ebahr, it was all the textures. As I said, it wanted to look for them in /My Library/My Library/runtime/

Very strange.. I'm looking in the files themselves now, and see where it kept a "/My Library" in the files, too. I'm going to put up a test Character preset, see if hand editing that out will solve the problem :)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/JM_E9jZT/Lizzar.html <-edited Character preset</p>

I'm unable to test it myself, for some reason I can't reproduce the error with the original preset, so the edited one is putting up an error for me instead.

• edited December 1969

wancow said:

Yes I got the same thing. What I did was load in the morph; with the first such error message, browse to and find the file. They all do exist. Then I went to the materials to change the colours. Got the same message ... did the search. Once D/S knows where one picture is, it will find and load the others. However with the mat files loaded, simply save out a new .duf materials preset to the same folder [yes I let it overwrite], then ask again for the default green one and redo that preset. And then all the others. Closed D/S and opened it again [I wanted to be sure memory was cleared]. Now the first load of the Lizzar works correctly as do all the following mats :-)

There is one other error message though that I get but chose to ignore it. It's also looking for 3 base morphs that may or not eventually find their way to the computer as I still have some content to load in 4.5.

As far as I know the only way to truly be sure files are all packed so they will work on anybody's computer, is to test them on a computer that did not make any of it. Either that or remove all the files from one's own program [and from any pathways ever used, D/S has a terrific memory]; slide into the folders that which one plans to redistribute, open D/S and see if they work.

However for freeware of such nice quality, I'm not complaining ... grateful for gifts :-)

Ohh, I think I know how those morphs got in there, from when I was testing against different shapes..LOL. Easy fix to take care of tonight :) TY for letting me know, both of you! :)

edited December 1969

Ebahr said:
    wancow said:
    Yes, exactly what I did.

Very strange.. I'm looking in the files themselves now, and see where it kept a "/My Library" in the files, too. I'm going to put up a test Character preset, see if hand editing that out will solve the problem :)

I'm unable to test it myself, for some reason I can't reproduce the error with the original preset, so the edited one is putting up an error for me instead.

Minor situation with 4shared ...

Anyway I had tried hand editing the character preset removing the call for My Library with the textures ... then I didn't get any error message for it; but also didn't get any textures!

4shared.png
    504 x 378 - 28K
  • edited January 2013

Ebahr said:
    wancow said:
    Yes, exactly what I did.

Minor situation with 4shared ...

Anyway I had tried hand editing the character preset removing the call for My Library with the textures ... then I didn't get any error message for it; but also didn't get any textures!

Doh! LOL.. I forgot what fileserve I used to used to use for things like this :D But you did the same thing I did, and no go there. Kinda of baffling. I think I can fix this easy enough later on tonight though, just with installing to Content, resaving the mat files / preset, and updating the .zip. Should take out any type of pathing problem that way.
    It'll be a little while though, heading out to dinner in a few. :/ I'll get on this as soon as I'm back, though :) TY again!

edited December 1969

It's okay ... enjoy your Dinner :-)

I'm going offline for awhile too.

• edited December 1969

Many thanks to Wancow and Patience55 for helping me track down a few issues. Found the stray morph calls (They were zero'ed files left over from tests) and remade the mat/chara presets from the right content directory on my PC. (Opps.) Hopefully the updated version will run error free. :D

edited December 1969

thanks again Ebahr! This really is extraoridiary work!

edited December 1969

Makes for a fun alien type too :-)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16229/

• edited December 1969

@wancow You are welcome, and thank you very much, also :) I figure, we now have the Bot Genesis available, there needs to be a reptile for her/him to beat up, right? :D

Makes for a fun alien type too :-)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16229/

That is awesome. I grabbed the necklace myself, too. I can se that being very handy. :) I hadn't thought of the alien head with the variation morphs.. that opens up a whole new level for Lizzy use. Ty :)