Tempest's V4 Aging Morphs for Genesis

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

Thanks for doing this - they look useful (I rarely use V4 now) - and thanks to Tempest for giving permission to port them.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Hmmm...I wonder how they'd look in a sarong?

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

LMAO!!!!!! :P

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Any chance of anyone getting these to work in Daz4.0 ?

edited December 1969

They'd have to be recreated basically from scratch. The easiest way is via Generation X. But I also re-created Tempest's presets, which I had to do by hand, checking all the values on Victoria 4 and applying them manually to Genesis. I simply don't know how to go about doing that without doing the exact same thing...

I don't understand why people have such an aversion to upgrading to V4.5.1.56. The Autofit tool works better by a factor of ten. It's more stable. Everything just WORKS in it! I do understand people being nervous about upgrading if there are problems, but in this case, I don't see it.

• edited December 1969

These are great morphs. I'm glad you pulled them in from the archives. They work on any V4 character morph. I just wish there was a corresponding morph for M4. Hint! Hint!

edited December 1969

Teri, many of these will work on the Genesis male! The face morphs absolutely will, and many of the body morphs as well.

• edited December 1969

I am a Poser 7 gal so Genesis doesn't do me any good. Thanks for the info though.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Teri 2 said:
    I am a Poser 7 gal so Genesis doesn't do me any good. Thanks for the info though.

Some of them (originals) should work on M4...not sure how many and how good they'd look.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Nice morphs, now if you couls only convert these to DSF format for those of us still using 4.0. :red:

edited December 1969

Nice morphs, now if you couls only convert these to DSF format for those of us still using 4.0. :red:

Why are you still using 4.0?

edited January 2013

wancow said:
    Nice morphs, now if you could only convert these to DSF format for those of us still using 4.0. :red:

Why are you still using 4.0?Because I like the .DSF and .DAZ formats because they're backwards compatible, thus making them available to a wider audience. There are also still a lot of issues with 4.5.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Nice morphs, now if you could only convert these to DSF format for those of us still using 4.0. :red:

Why are you still using 4.0?

Because I like the .DSF and .DAZ formats because they're backwards compatible, thus making them available to a wider audience. There are also still a lot of issues with 4.5.

And there's no issues with 4.0?

I just don't get it...there's a major outcry if a product doesn't get updated every couple of years, but when it is, there's even more of a stink raised because the 'new' version isn't just like the old one...

There's been a ton of actual broken things fixed going to 4.5 (even the first release and quite a few of them deal with render engine fixes, including major speed increases)...and some of the so called 'issues' with 4.0/4.5 were because 4.0 was doing things wrong. Yeah, DS finally buckled down and started enforcing the file standards they created. Sorry, but DS4.0 was a short-lived (about a yr) stepping stone, not an end point. The fact is it's a dead end and as time goes on, fewer and fewer vendors are supporting it (most aren't now) as it's too much work trying to cover both DS and Poser, without having to throw a 'legacy' version into the mix.

edited December 1969

I'm agreeing with MJC. The amount of problems DS4.5 solved are legion. And I'm not talking about DSON. I'm amazed at how easy it was to get comfortable in 4.5... and how much easier it is for me, at least, to navigate.

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    I'm agreeing with MJC. The amount of problems DS4.5 solved are legion. And I'm not talking about DSON. I'm amazed at how easy it was to get comfortable in 4.5... and how much easier it is for me, at least, to navigate.
    IT's technically still a "Beta" though, and that's part of the problem. IT still has its own bugs. Once they have a fully working v5.0, then I might upgrade. I'm not going to screw up what I have for a half-finished Beta which overwrites my existing program though.
  • Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Teri 2 said:

Some of them (originals) should work on M4...not sure how many and how good they'd look.

Most work like they do with Victoria. Give it a try, it's no different than using them with V4. You may have to dial them up more than with Victoria, though.

Probably the biggest reason I never did M4 versions of the morphs, is because they would for the most part be exactly the same as V4 versions - with maybe couple getting adjusted and couple that don't apply for men as they do for women (breasts and thigh morphs) getting left out. Men usually don't get such drastic changes to their bodies due to "aging" since they don't give birth... :). Bulking up and gaining or losing weight can be easily covered with morphs++.

Thanks for doing the conversion Wancow!

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

LMAO!!!!!! :P

Well, that was...interesting...

WC_Sarong_Test_002.jpg
    444 x 582 - 310K
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Thank you wancow for posting these, and Tempest for the originals and the permission for the conversion :-) These'll be very helpful

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Well as for the debate about DS4.0 versus 4.5, my reason for using 4.0 is that my computer is old and tired, and can barely run 4.0 on it's most basic level, with additional features of 4.5 I don't think it would run at all (I only have 2gb ram). Or it would run so slow that it would be unbearable. 4.0 is slow enough as it is!
    Obviously the solution is to upgrade my computer or get a new one, but as I'm "between jobs" I can't afford to do that. So for the moment I think sticking with 4.0 will have to do.
    Sadly this means I'm missing out on groovy freebies like these.

Please don't forget us poor people, generous freebie makers!

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

IT's technically still a "Beta" though, and that's part of the problem. IT still has its own bugs. Once they have a fully working v5.0, then I might upgrade. I'm not going to screw up what I have for a half-finished Beta which overwrites my existing program though.

DS1 was a beta from start to finish, DS2 was a beta from start to finish, DS3 was a beta from start to finish, DS4.0 was an in house Alpha, DS4.5 will be a beta from start to finish..... don't know about you but I'm seeing a pattern there :P

The only time DS isn't classed as a beta is when they kill off a version to move to the next one, like they did to DS2 when they released DS3, and then did the same to DS3 when they released DS4, the last public build becomes the full version at that time.

edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:

DS1 was a beta from start to finish, DS2 was a beta from start to finish, DS3 was a beta from start to finish, DS4.0 was an in house Alpha, DS4.5 will be a beta from start to finish..... don't know about you but I'm seeing a pattern there :P

The only time DS isn't classed as a beta is when they kill off a version to move to the next one, like they did to DS2 when they released DS3, and then did the same to DS3 when they released DS4, the last public build becomes the full version at that time.

Going by that definition of 'beta', name ONE piece of major, actively developed software that isn't 'beta'...

edited January 2013

mjc1016 said:
    Going by that definition of 'beta', name ONE piece of major, actively developed software that isn't 'beta'...

Windows 8... :P "It's not a bug! It's a feature!"

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    "It's not a bug! It's a feature!"

That's been Windows' mantra since Windows 1...

• edited December 1969

I have DAZ 4.5 but am fairly new. I downloaded Tempest for V4 for Genesis but need help knowing which folders to copy where once they are unzipped.

The readme file says:

"Unzip the contents of this zip file to your Poser folder (or equivalent Runtime) with folder paths enabled."

The download has a "My Library folder" and inside that there is a "data" folder and "People" folder. Where do I put these within my DAZ Studio folder structure?

Thanks in advance for help.

edited December 1969

In your shaping tab:

Head/Female/Aging
    Actor/Female/Aging

In your content library the presets are here:
    People/Genesis/Presets/Shaping/

• edited December 1969

Sorry, I may not have been clear with my question. I'm not sure where to copy the files once I have unzipped them.

edited December 1969

if you are using windows drop the folder tree in the same folder as you have "My Library"... if you're using a Mac... upgrade to Windows... (JK)... but I don't know how that's done...

• edited December 1969

That worked. Many thanks.

edited December 1969

SCrickmer said:
    That worked. Many thanks.

Indeed... upgrading from Mac to Windows usually does :P :)

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    if you are using windows drop the folder tree in the same folder as you have "My Library"... if you're using a Mac... upgrade to Windows... (JK)... but I don't know how that's done...
    Wel, you don't "upgrade" fropm mac to windows, you upgrade from Windows to Mac. :-P