A New Hope

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I wish all programs had incremental or auto saves.

Real-life is very ugly right now.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Me too. :( And I agree on real life, too.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I wish all programs had incremental or auto saves.

Real-life is very ugly right now.

I'm sorry to hear that, Anne.

My life isn't too bad, I just find myself having little to say. The main problem is that I'm not doing as much with 3D as I used to so my conversation is dropping!

Working on that though!

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

jerriecan said:
    Not sure if this is the right place, but I feel like sharing what I've learned so far from you wonderful folks! Thank you so much for your patience and advice. Hopefully more will follow! Created in D/S, postwork done in Photoshop, layout done in ComicLife 2.

Looking good. I use both programs to put my pages together as well. Figures are arranged in Poser 9 and then the scenes are rendered in Carrara 8.

David

edited December 1969

jerriecan said:
    Not sure if this is the right place, but I feel like sharing what I've learned so far from you wonderful folks! Thank you so much for your patience and advice. Hopefully more will follow! Created in D/S, postwork done in Photoshop, layout done in ComicLife 2.

Looking good. I use both programs to put my pages together as well. Figures are arranged in Poser 9 and then the scenes are rendered in Carrara 8.

David
    So you prefer to use Poser for your arrangement, that's interesting since you could use Carrara directly. I actually am not a massive fan of posing within Carrara either, but have never used multiple platforms. It's something that I keep wanting to do but I get lazy and once I've got my stuff set up I just render in whatever I've done that in!

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

I may switch entirely to Carrara. I just find it easier at the present time to do the figures in Poser. Maybe if I did the figures in Carrara to start with then when I import them the conforming figures wouldn't forget which figure they're supposed to conform to. LOL

David

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited January 2013

http://research.microsoft.com/research/downloads/details/69699e5a-5c91-4b01-898c-ef012cbb07f7/details_http.aspx
    cool panoramas, this made from video, original tiff 4608 x 2304
    the BIG tiff there are some funny patches where the stitching went a bit awry
    panorama QTVR.mov

fy.jpg
    1453 x 2000 - 980K
    video-2013-01-31-13-01-57_stitch.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 965K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

another big tiff, even bigger, of Mawson lakes duck pond
    https://www.box.com/s/bgy5lfzzby1yxjtft3ux
    jpeg "thumb" below

video-2013-02-03-11-21-33_stitch.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Down down, dobee dobee down. Got time to play and Fun in my Soul (for a change) and nobody will play with the Jade today.

edited December 1969

playing with yourself?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone...I haven't been active much in this thread (have lurked occasionally)...but since there's been a lull in the conversation...

I'm sorry to hear about Real Life, AtticAnne and jerriecan... Mine is currently a mix of the good and the bad. I'm thankful that the bad is just financial stuff and general stress...certainly could be worse. As far as 3D is concerned, I'm suddenly finding myself without much inspiration...but I think that will correct itself once I install a few new things. Of course, I've been holding off on that because of DIM. I'll probably give DS a rest for a few days (which would be my longest break yet) and play in Bryce instead.

Your render thread has been quiet for a while, Jaderail...have you been working behind the scenes, or are you busy with other things?

Hope everyone is well today.

edited December 1969

Hi everyone...I haven't been active much in this thread (have lurked occasionally)...but since there's been a lull in the conversation...

I'm sorry to hear about Real Life, AtticAnne and jerriecan... Mine is currently a mix of the good and the bad. I'm thankful that the bad is just financial stuff and general stress...certainly could be worse. As far as 3D is concerned, I'm suddenly finding myself without much inspiration...but I think that will correct itself once I install a few new things. Of course, I've been holding off on that because of DIM. I'll probably give DS a rest for a few days (which would be my longest break yet) and play in Bryce instead.

Your render thread has been quiet for a while, Jaderail...have you been working behind the scenes, or are you busy with other things?

Hope everyone is well today.

Hi Scott Nice to see ya here. Crap happens to all of us and I'm sorry you got problems too. But it happens to us all sometimes. I'm setting here with a FRESH clean never touched DS4.5 install because I thought DIM was gonna be mine too. But nope, I gotta wait it seems. So that slowed my rendering down. I sorta jumped the gun I guess.
    I am busy working behind the scenes though. I have work going on for three render projects and two different contests (I still have my trusty ol DS3A and all it's content). I'm fighting UV mapping on some food props that will be Free items (someday) and playing just a bit at writing for an animation I have planned for when I get my MONSTER PC this summer. So right now much less posting renders and more testing on my PC to get things to work as I want them to.

P.S. Conga Rats I know about that other thing. Welcome to the nutty.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Thank you! The "other thing" seems to have gone into effect today (is this like Fight Club...we're not supposed to talk about it?) and I just got the DIM invitation too, so I'm a happy camper right now. :)
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Thank you! The "other thing" seems to have gone into effect today (is this like Fight Club...we're not supposed to talk about it?) and I just got the DIM invitation too, so I'm a happy camper right now. :)
    I got the DIM invitation, I don't care about it!

This is a lot like Fight Club, I'm so crap that even if I tried to shoot myself I'd miss!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Thank you! The "other thing" seems to have gone into effect today (is this like Fight Club...we're not supposed to talk about it?) and I just got the DIM invitation too, so I'm a happy camper right now. :)You got DIM? I'm jelouse. As for the other stuff I Pm'ed you.
    edited December 1969

poor Jaderail wants to be DIM so badly but so many lucky ones are not so DIM hungry.
    I think we should ask the mods if we could have one of those polls.
    do you think Jaderail needs to be DIM?
    1) yes, he is so eager it hurts
    2) no, he is getting a spanking new computer and will leave everyone crying their renders do not compare
    3) maybe, but he better try to render EVERYTHING in his content alphabetically in a series of images
    4) perhaps, if he good and tries Carrara too!

edited December 1969

My vote is (1).

edited December 1969

I can't believe they are making you wait so long, Jeff. Hang out in the Members Only threads and beg and plead. I have no idea how they are choosing which PC members get invited nor how often they are bringing in new users.

edited December 1969

to rub salt into the wound, now Iz biz bak in da platty numb club . . . . belatedly after much Magento tomfoolery and two support fixes by the by now highly stressed Zendesk staff (more like headbang desk for them these days, nothing Zen about it!)

I got one of those emails too %-P
    sorry Jeff

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Not hope, but fear - these forums seem to be on the verge of rioting over the recent changes. I've learned a lot on the brief time I've been here, found a lot of great stuff, and I really don't want to lose such a great place. :(

*looks for some comfort food and hopes to weather the storm*

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Most storms end up being a storm in a teacup.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Most storms end up being a storm in a teacup.

I prefer a storm in a D Cup, but that's just me!

I am deliberately not getting involved with the whining. Things change, it's the way life goes. If you don't whine, things change. If you DO whine, things still change.

As for Jeff's DIM, well I wrote a ticket asking if I could pass on my right to use it across to him, but no reply yet. I suspect they'll say no since they probably plan to give it to everyone anyway.

I'm working on a couple of renders but not sure I can display them in here since they are for competitions.

edited December 1969

@ jerriecan: Don't worry about it. Some of these people are always upset, no matter what DAZ does.

edited February 2013

Well, nice to see some folks back in the Thread. It was D-Day for me so I'm half dead but they took more tests today. I'm expecting at least one more before I find out any real news. For those not in the Know I'm on Dialysis Thrice a week, I may get off it Mostly but do not know yet.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the dialysis, Jeff. And on the DIM invite, today or tomorrow.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the dialysis, Jeff. And on the DIM invite, today or tomorrow.
    Thank you AtticAnne my one and only BEAT Bama this year girl. I'm just waiting on both now. I'm cool, time is about the one thing I got plenty of now days.
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Seconded on both counts.

@jerriecan: Not to dismiss people's concerns, but these storms do seem to happen every once in a while. There were a few in the past year since I started (it was particularly bad around the time the new website opened last May). This too shall pass.

edited December 1969

Happy Dance. DIM hit my Inbox today. Now I need to go learn the ins and outs. Thank's for the Support folks.

edited December 1969

Yippee!! Dancing in circles, jumping up and down. I hope you are not disappointed with it.

edited December 1969

is our club Blum Blum Shub club dying?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF03eEuJwNQ
    and Barry, less footsliding than usual, just bad handholding!