how to import dpc and ds files into daz3d?

edited December 1969 in New Users

i downloaded the free cat horse dog dpc files and ds metadata files - how to bring them into daz3d?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need to install them like any other files. What format are they in? If they are in ZIPs, then they should have a Runtime folder, just drop that into the My Library folder.

If they are installers, just point the installer to your My Library folder, and the installer will put them in the correct place. Just make sure that My Library is the last folder in the path you give the installer.

• edited December 1969

You need to install them like any other files. What format are they in? If they are in ZIPs, then they should have a Runtime folder, just drop that into the My Library folder.

If they are installers, just point the installer to your My Library folder, and the installer will put them in the correct place. Just make sure that My Library is the last folder in the path you give the installer.

Thanks Jimmy,
    I did that for bryce sky and for the cat,dog,horse - but when I go into the software, I do not see cats or dogs, horses, nor do i see bryce clouds, sky, or other items.
    my library/content/bryce Models/
    my library/sky presents
    my library/terrain maps
    my library/terrain libraries

not sure where to look to bring in backgrounds to the software.
    thanks

edited January 2013

You wont see Bryce items at all, they are in a completely different format, and need to be installed into a Bryce folder.

The dog, horse etc, will almost certainly be in Poser Format, and you should look in the Content Library pane under Poser Formats > My Library > Figures.

EDIT:

I just noticed that you were trying to put a 'Content' folder inside the My Library folder, that should never happen. Content was theold name for the folder in DS3, My Library is the new name for the content folder for DS4, so they are one and the same thing. If you download a folder called content, you should empty it into the My Library folder or DS wont see it.

In this case you seem to have Bryce models, and they are usually in OBP format which DAZ Stuio can't read (or see) in the contnet library.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

ok i see, i had to close and reopen daz to see the animals. im getting the hang of this.

i did move the content folder out of my library and next to my library in the Studio folder (see pic)
    yet when I look at this folder tree in Daz, it only shows My Library folder and not Content folder (that has Bryce in it) (see 2nd pic)

library_where_is_content_folder.png
    367 x 210 - 24K
    my_libary_moved.png
    427 x 387 - 35K
    edited December 1969

The contents of the folder called 'Content' need to be inside My Library before they will show inside DAZ Studio, that would be the easy way. You could also list the floder Content, as a DAZ Studio Formats folder in Preferences,

Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager If it has a Runtime folder inside it, you would need to list it in Poser Formats as well, not the runtime folder itself, but the content folder. You wont see anything inside the Bryce folder anyway if the items are in Bryce format, DS cannot read these files.

• edited December 1969

The contents of the folder called 'Content' need to be inside My Library before they will show inside DAZ Studio, that would be the easy way.

maybe I misunderstood your earlier suggestion - I thought u said to remove the content folder from my library
    or do you mean remove whats inside the content folder and put that into the my library folder?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bryce items only LOAD in Bryce, you can not load them in Daz Studio. You can only get Bryce items into DS with the Bryce to Daz Bridge. Or get items for DS into Bryce with the Daz to Bryce bridge. Even then Not everything will work properly and will need work to get them to work as you like once they are passed with the Bridge.

Bryce can NOT read DS files and DS can not read Bryce files. The content only works in the program it was designed for.

• edited January 2013

Jaderail said:
    Bryce items only LOAD in Bryce, you can not load them in Daz Studio. You can only get Bryce items into DS with the Bryce to Daz Bridge. Or get items for DS into Bryce with the Daz to Bryce bridge. Even then Not everything will work properly and will need work to get them to work as you like once they are passed with the Bridge.

Bryce can NOT read DS files and DS can not read Bryce files. The content only works in the program it was designed for.

Thanks
    So the two bryce free downloads are for Bryce and not Daz?

Are there tutorials how to create my own sky, grass, trees, etc?

Post edited by ayurvedahc_08ecc05d54 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

buddhaji said:
    So the two bryce free downloads are for Bryce and not Daz? Yes.

Are there tutorials how to create my own sky, grass, trees, etc?

Creating Content is done in a 3D modeling Program and takes a lot to learn and get good. But any item in the Store that Says FOR Daz Studio will work, I have many in my Content folder, and Some Nice free stuff can also be found on the WEB.

Other methods also exist but WE here would need to know more about your image goals to help farther with that.
  • edited December 1969

thanks Jaderail uve pointed me in a great direction