"Where Are My Files?"

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
edited January 2013 in New Users

Title says it all:

I'm running DAZ Studio 4.5.1.56 on a clean Vista with all updates.

Installed Studio4 using all default options
Installed many Genesis products.
Gn_David
Gn_Evolution body morphs
Gn_Evolution Muscular morphs
Fantasy Shapes; Gorilla; Minotaur; MS_Lycan; Swole

All worked fine for a few days.

Then last night I made a commitment to continue with Studio4 (after much soul searching) and bought the Freak5Pro Bundle.

OK, so I install Freak5 base and play with him and like what I see.

Then I install F5_Andrei and he doesn't show up in my "Smart Content" tab nor in my "Content Library" tab. Hmmm... so I used the DAZ uninstaller to remove F5_Andrei and reinstall him. This time he shows up. Go figure!!!

OK, so play with him for a while and everything seems fine I still have content in my browser tabs. I save the scene and stop Studio. I then install F5_SavageFreak and restart Studio4 and I discover that I have nothing, absolutely NOTHING, nada, zip, bupkis, in my Smart Content tab and what's worse I don't even have a "Content Library" tab any more. WTF!!!!

OK, so I look at my "Edit-->Preferences-->Content LIbrary" and I have the image below:
There are proper looking DAZ files in those places. So what am I missing? HELP!!!!

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited December 1969

Here's a snapshot of my content folder:

ContentFolder.jpg
    885 x 792 - 114K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Did you try re-importing your metadata and see if it shows up then

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Check to see if your CMS is still running. And second it looks to me like your running the Default DS view setup. That never gives you all the menus the two Advanced setups gives.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Did you try re-importing your metadata and see if it shows up then

Yes, but no cigar. :-(

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Check to see if your CMS is still running. And second it looks to me like your running the Default DS view setup. That never gives you all the menus the two Advanced setups gives.

The "Services" management dialog shows the DAZ Content Manager services as "Automatic" but it does not say "Started" nor can I "Stop" or "Start" it because the options are grayed out. Hmmm. I'm rebooting the computer. (cures a multitude of ills).

edited December 1969

Rebooting my computer seemed to clear up the problem. The "AdministrativeTools-->ComputerManagement-->Services&Applications;-->Services" dialog shows the DAZ Content Manager Service as "Automatic" and "Started" and I have control of the "Start/Stop" functions again. (*sigh*) Don't you just love computers! (*sheesh*)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi LeatherGryphon :)

There should be a shortcut to "Start" and "Stop" the CMS service, in the Start menu / all programs / Daz3D / Daz content management service.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\DAZ 3D\DAZ Content Management Service