Are Dreamlight products compatibles with DAZStudio 4 ?

13»

Comments

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

DavidGB: Thank you so much for the extra information! The Cast Shadows seemed to be the issue. I did a fast test with one of the sunlight presets I had saved for testing, got the UE2 Bounce Light preset added okay this time (thanks for that tip about the dialog!) and turned the shadows off for the skydome. I threw a building prop with a fence into the scene and rendered and the lighting looked much more accurate this time around.

I do have one more question for you though, whenever you have a chance. When I saved the light preset (I did the Stockholm 5 one), I selected the "Selected Lights" option from the dialog that comes up for saving light presets (and had Sunlight as the only one selected). However, there were a bunch of extras that got saved with it including the Sun and Sky Target nulls, empty "Light Presets" folders as well as it's own skydome object that the Sunlight is parented to already. The light, however, loads at default position it looks like instead of being lined up with the skydome's light direction like it was in DS3 after loading the LDP2 preset. Is there a way to prevent the other extras from being saved with the light preset and to get the light to save and load in the correct position? I am still pretty new to working with lighting. I've always used presets.

I appreciate your taking time for that last response, it helped a lot, thank you! :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

{{{Hugs David very sincerely and very carefully not to add more pain}}}

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757
    edited December 1969

So, three new Dreamlilght items in the store today and not a word on this issue... which means there's three more Dreamlight products I won't be buying.

• gw3972gw3972 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

So, three new Dreamlilght items in the store today and not a word on this issue... which means there's three more Dreamlight products I won't be buying.

I'm with you.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

so long as the product's a model, it'll work fine in DS4.5

edited December 1969

gw3972 said:

I'm with you.

Me too ...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...still very displeased that LDP is not being updated.

Yet, I keep getting all these emails for these all these "training" programmes and new models while the best lighting system in my book is still being neglected.

edited December 1969

Well, I am not buying Dreamlight products until LDP2 is updated ...

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

Adding in my 2 cents worth here. I have about half of the Lingt N Go sets and they all work in DS4.5. In fact, I use those sets without the scenes they were intended for in DS4.5, especially Ray Dreams.

• KibbyKibby Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

Sprinkles said:
    Rays of Dreams for Enchanted Forest works fine in 4.5 I am playing with it now, I would post a render but they take forever to render on my machine so once I knew it was fine I stopped rendering.

Perfect candidate to ask! I also own Rays of Dreams and use it on Daz 4.5. Did you try all the presets (day, night and rain) on Return to The Enchanted Forest? For me, day and night presets load fine except rain preset. The rain preset wants something from The Enchanted Forest?

Screen_Shot_2013-01-30_at_8.35_.40_AM_.png
    464 x 194 - 35K