daz crashing on startup, it was working fine a few hours ago---update-->{pretty much resolved}

Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
edited January 2013 in New Users

when i try to launch, it crashes. i have the bug report and info saved, but it was working fine just a few hours ago, and i did not add anything new or edit anything, and the "submit bug report" button is grayed out.

i am using windows 7 64 bit,and i am using daz 4.5 standard

here is what the error message says

exception reason:
DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll" at 0033:00000000562C3C4B, atiPS()+8337115 byte(s)

Post edited by Noved1 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

When posting here, you really have to tell us what Operating System you are using, and what version of DAZ Studio.

One thing you could try, is rebooting your machine, and see if that helps any, if not, post again and give some details of your setup and version number, and a description of what happens and any error messages.

• Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

i updated the post, is that the right info?

edited December 1969

Yes, but the full version number of DAZ Studio can be found by going to Help > About DAZ Studio.

You don't say if you tried rebooting?

edited January 2013

i am going to try rebooting, then come back with the full version info. though if i cant start daz, how can i search for its full version? unless i misunderstood your directions

Post edited by Noved1 on
    edited December 1969

It looks like a problem with your ATI graphics card. Have you recently updated the driver, or allowed an auto update?

The problem is in atio6axx.dll. You may need to update the driver for your card,

edited December 1969

i rebooted, and its working fine now...so in order to keep crashes from occuring, i need to update my graphics card more often?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

No, but if it starts crashing like that and a reboot doesn't help then the driver is the first thing to check. However, a bad update can introduce issues so I wouldn't actually say do it as a matter of course - at least not unless you know how to roll back to a previous version.