[SolVed] I'm trying again ... cridgit? made some images .... [re metadata]

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited January 2013 in New Users

'K, the antibiotics are helping, had my chocolate bar ... tried metadata again.
Maybe I'm missing the point of metadata ... or what to expect from it ... or a vital step ... or gee, does this work 100% of the time even?

D/S4.0
W7Pro64bit
turned av off
closed/open D/S many times
saved out the new metadata after changes ...
nothing is working to get the "product" to show in Smart Content whether Genesis is selected or not.
I can get it to show via a direct request through the Content Library.

Have reset the database and re-imported in "all" the metadata ... many times. [by the way, one cannot touch D/S when doing that or it has seizures] ... too much stuff to ask the program to comb through all the files looking for everything [in case it was just a miss] ... more seizures.
This isn't a "new" unassigned product, but a set of poses. One of several I was hoping to get into the Smart Content panel.

Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2013

And the rest.

008.png
    1000 x 665 - 180K
    007.png
    1000 x 353 - 162K
    006.png
    1000 x 413 - 119K
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Hi Patience55,

Looking at your screenshots i see that there's one step missing. Poses, materials, etc are not objects that can be loaded by themself, they need to have a compatibility set that tells smart content on wich object they can be used (genesis in this case).

In the content db editor go to the assets tab and select the pose files. Now they'll show up in the bottom screen, there you choose the compatibility tab. Then select the pose files (in the bottom half of the editor) and right)click them. Choose 'Add compatibilities to selected files'. This will give you a list of possible targets, select genesis in the list and hit accept.

All your other steps look right, so i hope this helps.

metadata.jpg
    1037 x 678 - 142K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Yes,,,Patience55 you must need to set compatibliity with.
    BlackFeather1973 is right.

that means your 100 pozes are need who pozing them.
    (I do not know why ds have not option,, not use comaptibility base, or not,,
    but if you do not set compatibility with,,, there seems almost no meaning to use smart content )

And for,, new user
    they will make mistake,, about there new prop or figure and new material I think,,
    so plaese check them,,,

1,about the clothing, hair, of figure, must need to set comaptibility base,, (as you know,, genesis has already set compatibility base)

2 these object or figure,,, must need scene ID too ,, (I can not clearly tell why it need,, but you need to set scene ID)

if the item (clothing hair or prop accessory etc) has not set scene ID yet,
    when you save new material for the object (hair wardlobe) ,, and set category material preset,, then set compatibility with,,
    these materials can not be shown in smart content correctly ^^;

So if you save material preset,, and set category, set type, set compatiblity with,, but you can not see it
    in smart content view,, you may need to set scene ID for the figure,, or hari or,, prop,,
    which you use the material preset.

I may make more clear guide about how to set meta-data with scene id

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Hey, this is useful stuff, thanks :)

edited December 1969

Thank you BlackFeather1973 and kitakoredaz :-)

I'll give all that a try tomorrow and see what happens!

edited December 1969

Yes,,,Patience55 you must need to set compatibliity with.
    BlackFeather1973 is right

... edit ...

Oh yes please and thank you!!!

edited December 1969

I checked through the files and you know, I thought I had added compatibility because when selected the information showed on the space underneath saying so. But it certainly didn't say so up where the "X" marks are and so yes that was a definite miss.

"Right-clicking" and adding the info ... made a world of difference :-)
    Thank you so much.

039.png
    621 x 613 - 139K
    edited April 2013

For those who may following this thread, if interested ... I did post a "minitut" for creating metadata.

link expired.

If it helps somebody, great. I do not suggest "learning" with professional products, start with inexpensive freeware :-)

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Patience, this is wonderful, will need to give it a couple of reads, then get started!! :)

edited December 1969

... edit ...

Just guessing here; if the item is loaded in the scene and selected, is that what might cause it to show as a scene ID?
    I made another metadata and the scene id did not show. But later when I came back to redo it for a materials, it did show?
    Rather hit and miss as to what I'm doing I suppose; end result seems to work though.

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15867/

no one need my tips %-P

then I can say,,,about only something,,

1. when you make new figure, or prop.
    then save as figure and prop,, you can set sicene ID at that time.
    If you hope to make meta-data,, it seems best, when you save the assets,
    set scene ID ( appoint comaptibility base)

2 when you make new meta-data about Figure and prop,
    you need to re-load the item on the scene. we can not set scene id by content DBeditor,
    but for setting scene ID, we need to make or set comaptiblity base about the item in conetnt database.

Comatibilty base is improtant not only for comatiblity base , but also Scene ID.
    but we often forget to set Scene ID of the item, with the compatibility base (in data base)

3 about material or preset , you never need not make scene ID.

4 when ever you want, set scene ID of the item,, you can do it.
    load the item in the scene, then right - click scene tab, sub menu >
    Edit>scene identifaction..
    then set comaptibility in the data base with the Item . it set scene ID.
    once you set scene ID about the prop and figure,
    the preset files of the assets (which assigned by comaptibility base) can show in smart content,
    when you select the asset.

so if your preset can not shown,,,when you select the item, you may check the assets (not preset file)
    scene ID.

wu,,, can you understand my english ^^;???

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Since I don't think it's worth starting a new thread for, I think I'll ask it here. When I open up the Content DB Editor, I don't get a Products tab, only the Assets tab. This means that while I can assign items to an existing product, I can't create one for adding to the compatibility list. Having searched high and low for a way to make it visible I'm still stumped. Anyone have a clue?

edited December 1969

You need to be in the Products folder from your content library first, then open the content db editor.

edited December 1969

I think "product" is one of category name,, which can be gather files as one category name.
    when you hope to gather assets as one products, you can make new "product" .

Or about daz products, and these items have not meta-data yet,,
    you may simply gather each files as one product.

(And if you make product,, you can access the product files in smart content product view.
    it like filter as product name)

And make "product" (make each files referrence as one product,, ) works easy ,,
    when set meta-data about each assets.
    you need not move around in real folda structure. or your category in content library.

So that,, I often set "product" which I get from DAZ shope or another shop, or free item set.^^;
    (But,, It might be a pain in the neck.,, set product about all,, non meta-data prodcut,,
    and apply image again ,,,^^;)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

That's the point, I can't find a way to create a product to label them under. Without that, there seems to be no way of properly organizing them.

edited December 1969

Right click on a folder in the content library and choose "Create a product", you can not create products from individual files.
    I usually collect the files in a temporary category, then create a product from this category.

That should work. If not, can you describe the steps you're following to make metadata ?

edited February 2013

Ok,, first go to folda (not category actuall folda tree in cotent library)
    in which the assets are installed.

eg,, now I make product about "Gear punk V4"
    so serch the item in poser Formats>myriblrary>figures>gear punk V4.

just right click the folda in content ribrary , then Create a product. as "gear punk V4"

it is simple. after that, you can find the "product"
    in Product category .

and BlackFeather1973 way can work too,,before,,
    I usually make "making" category first. you knew already,, how to make new category.

then all files which I want to gather as one product paste there.
    then do same thing as above. (eg you need to serch material preset,, or poze preset,, too)

once you make "prodcut", you can access the asset In content library" product "
    then set meta-data on the prodcut directory. (not need to move around any more)

product3.JPG
    757 x 651 - 76K
    product.JPG
    731 x 588 - 70K
    product2.JPG
    758 x 587 - 74K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15867/

no one need my tips %-P

then I can say,,,about only something,,

1. when you make new figure, or prop.
    then save as figure and prop,, you can set sicene ID at that time.
    If you hope to make meta-data,, it seems best, when you save the assets,
    set scene ID ( appoint comaptibility base)

2 when you make new meta-data about Figure and prop,
    you need to re-load the item on the scene. we can not set scene id by content DBeditor,
    but for setting scene ID, we need to make or set comaptiblity base about the item in conetnt database.

Comatibilty base is improtant not only for comatiblity base , but also Scene ID.
    but we often forget to set Scene ID of the item, with the compatibility base (in data base)

3 about material or preset , you never need not make scene ID.

4 when ever you want, set scene ID of the item,, you can do it.
    load the item in the scene, then right - click scene tab, sub menu >
    Edit>scene identifaction..
    then set comaptibility in the data base with the Item . it set scene ID.
    once you set scene ID about the prop and figure,
    the preset files of the assets (which assigned by comaptibility base) can show in smart content,
    when you select the asset.

so if your preset can not shown,,,when you select the item, you may check the assets (not preset file)
    scene ID.

wu,,, can you understand my english ^^;???

Sorry I missed your thread, now bookmarked! Thank you :-)