Cloud Nine For Daz Studio........... Question

BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello.

I have been reading about this item.
Is this item compatible with DS 4 and DS 4.5?

Thanks.
R

Comments

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

It definitely works with 4.0; I use it all the time. Cannot speak to 4.5 though as I haven't upgraded.

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

btw I really like it - gives you a sky and matching lighting. Very straight-forward and nice results.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Penname.

• KinichKinich Posts: 857
    edited December 1969

Using this in latest Daz Studio (4.5.1.6 iirc), no problem. Got to go to work so no time to link to a recent image.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

worked in 4.5.114 as well. :)

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Kinich and belovedalia.

That is also a great big help.

I bought Light Dome Pro 2 a while back, and didn't get a chance to install it until a good time passed,
    then learned it was not working in DS 4, but by that time I could not return it as it was beyond the 60 days.
    I don't want to make that kind of mistake again.... costs to many dollars.

Thanks.
    R

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

I created this piece with cloud nine in 4.5. This light set is great- it loads everything grouped > so you can rotate all to get the right angle. Renders pretty quick too.

V4_Highlanderdragon2.2_.jpg
    995 x 465 - 343K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...just ran this little test in 4.5.1.6. Took a previous scene I did and swapped the lights for a Cloud9 setting. didn't do much tweaking save for rotation to get more light on her face.

Render time, well, not that quick: 44min, but, then this is on an old 32 bit duo core with an Intel chipset .

...If it works on my 6 year old rig, it should have no problem on a 64 bit hyperthreading quad or hexacore system with lots of RAM to throw at rendering.

Hopefully I can get this to post as it is that time of the evening when I get a lot of connection resets and timeouts for some reason.

tracey_cloud9_test.jpg
    800 x 800 - 473K
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Hello.

I have been reading about this item.
    Is this item compatible with DS 4 and DS 4.5?

Thanks.
    R

I'm using it without issue it in version 4.5.1.6, so I would say "yes".

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Kinich and belovedalia.

That is also a great big help.

I bought Light Dome Pro 2 a while back, and didn't get a chance to install it until a good time passed,
    then learned it was not working in DS 4, but by that time I could not return it as it was beyond the 60 days.
    I don't want to make that kind of mistake again.... costs to many dollars.

Thanks.
    R

Cloud 9 uses UberEnvironment which is part of Daz Studio now and gets updated with every release so even if the vendor no longer supports the product it will still work in future releases as long as DAZ does this.