What DAZ needs...

TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
edited December 1969 in The Commons

...Is someone specifically dedicated to working on the forums, because there are several issues that I see that a good coder could change or fix in a matter of minutes. I know because I've made such changes to forum software myself before.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

The programers are switching between the forums and store.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I understand that, however, if they has one person whose job was to concentrate on the forums, much of the issues could be taken care of in a day or so at most.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Besides current issues being worked, wIll be possible to customize colors, have threads, and revert pages so that new posts are on page 1?

• WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Besides current issues being worked, wIll be possible to customize colors, have threads, and revert pages so that new posts are on page 1?

I totally agree. Having to go to the last page to see new posts, is a pain.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

The forums are giving me a headache... too bright white background or something... the new store?... well as long as the $1.00 products keep coming I will continue to declare the missile store launch by Daz Leader a raving success!!!!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I would have to say there are more important things to work on even though i do agree at how anoying it is.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

...Is someone specifically dedicated to working on the forums, because there are several issues that I see that a good coder could change or fix in a matter of minutes. I know because I've made such changes to forum software myself before.
    Having been a freelance web admin for myself and others for over 10 years, I couldn't agree more.

Use the View New Posts link at the top of the forums in the mean time. Those are listed in chronological order, although it does show posts from all sections of the forum.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

I understand that, however, if they has one person whose job was to concentrate on the forums, much of the issues could be taken care of in a day or so at most.
    I don't believe that this statement is accurate. Given what I know about Magento (and you yourself can learn by visiting their website) the store and the forums are tightly tied together. You cannot significantly change one without affecting the other.

As to the color issue, if you use FF or Chrome you can quickly fix the issue as demonstrate in this post -> http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/646/

Sorry IE users, I don't know of a CSS override plugin for IE.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    I don't believe that this statement is accurate. Given what I know about Magento (and you yourself can learn by visiting their website) the store and the forums are tightly tied together. You cannot significantly change one without affecting the other.

As to the color issue, if you use FF or Chrome you can quickly fix the issue as demonstrate in this post -> http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/646/

Sorry IE users, I don't know of a CSS override plugin for IE.

This is why single solutions are a pain in the rear. Get good store software, then good forums, and integrate them as necessary.