Basic Suit with Supersuit UVS

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Before I try to find out myself by loading UVMapper and.... well, figuring it out... does anyone know if the Basic Suit that comes with the Super Suit uses the same UVS as the SuperSuit?

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited November 2012

No. It comes with scewed up UV's which Daz refuse to fix:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Can't seem to find the thread... but wasn't someone working on fixing this issue?

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited January 2013

Zev0 said:

Is there anywhere on the forum an "official statement" by a member of the DAZ team that there will not be any updates to the super suit?

I stress that with the "official statement" because I strongly believe most information on the forum is all just rumors and speculations. While I do not visit often anymore I very rarely see any posts by "DAZ" members,

On a side note:
    In Blizzards forum there are the famous blue posts. I would love to see more blue activity in this forum.

- - -

Speculation:

From my point of view the super suit was a really big and amazing huge thing that was released about one year ago.

It would make sense to also make that piece of clothing available as DSON versions for poser users.

So while working on that it would make sense also to update the basic suit and fix the UV templates.

- - -

But yes is there any chance on an official word if that will happen or not?

For the V4 version there was more or less an official body suit that a lot of people made textures and add ons for. I expected the same thing to happen for the super suit. Well I am still waiting...

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

The two are kinda separate issues. Theoretically, someone could come up with a new UVS set for the supersuite basic suit. I'm still trying to figure out if a Uvmapper UVS file is legal to distribute under the DAZ copyright... I believe it is, but I've no way to know till I get word from DAZ.

• GreycatGreycat Posts: 332
    edited December 1969

I’m not sure whether or not you all ready know this, but I’m going tell you anyhow. Both the Supersuit and the basic suit use the same UV map, problem in that is the Supersuits torso has a back surface defined and the basic suit does not. I have no idea how this could be fixed. Both the front and back of the basic suit need to be on the same map, but there isn’t enough room.

Redistributing shouldn’t be a problem as the map is of no use without the object. Also you only need to supply a new map for the torso as the hands, arms, legs, and feet are fine.

Supersuit3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 63K
    Supersuit2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 80K
    Supersuit1.jpg
    600 x 595 - 139K
  • Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Can't seem to find the thread... but wasn't someone working on fixing this issue?

Do you mean this one?
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8677/P135/#208928

At the end, there looked to be some movement, supposedly it had been assigned to be fixed.

edited December 1969

OH... okay... so I'm still thinking we can do something about this with a UVMapper UVS file...

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

If you change the UV map you need to save the obj file otherwise the UV won't work. I've tried it!

If you save the obj file then you cannot distribute this. This has also been tried!

We will just have to wait and hope.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    If you change the UV map you need to save the obj file otherwise the UV won't work. I've tried it!

If you save the obj file then you cannot distribute this. This has also been tried!

We will just have to wait and hope.

Yes. I hope they don't let us down on this.

edited December 1969

Yah, I found out that it cannot be done... :( DAZ has to do it. DAZ Help has told me to bug report it... so I would strongly suggest everyone do that.

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Yah, I found out that it cannot be done... :( DAZ has to do it. DAZ Help has told me to bug report it... so I would strongly suggest everyone do that.

Yes, that has been done several times. You can read about it in the thread I posted above. As of early this month, someone was supposedly assigned to do it, but there was no "when" stated.

The thing that kind of sucks, is that the fix isn't all that hard, but you can't share it with anyone if you do it. And in theory a lot of us could fix it for our own use, but then there is no standard to share textures.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

Is there anywhere on the forum an "official statement" by a member of the DAZ team that there will not be any updates to the super suit?

I stress that with the "official statement" because I strongly believe most information on the forum is all just rumors and speculations. While I do not visit often anymore I very rarely see any posts by "DAZ" members,

On a side note:
    In Blizzards forum there are the famous blue posts. I would love to see more blue activity in this forum.

- - -

Speculation:

From my point of view the super suit was a really big and amazing huge thing that was released about one year ago.

It would make sense to also make that piece of clothing available as DSON versions for poser users.

So while working on that it would make sense also to update the basic suit and fix the UV templates.

- - -

But yes is there any chance on an official word if that will happen or not?

For the V4 version there was more or less an official body suit that a lot of people made textures and add ons for. I expected the same thing to happen for the super suit. Well I am still waiting...
    Well, if you consider the phone call one person made to DAZ about the issue, they flat out said they had no intention on fixing it where you can template it yourself or something.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2013

wancow said:

Someone From Daz did indeed say that they were working on this issue

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8677/P135/#210785

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited January 2013

*Opens link and reads post*

disgusted-mother-of-god[1].png
    296 x 300 - 103K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on