Is Daz Studio Compatible with WINDOWS 8??

visiblemanvisibleman Posts: 178
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I don't have the new Windows yet but I'm going to get it.

Is it compatible?

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Yes, I have the newest version of studio running on my windows 8 laptop.

• visiblemanvisibleman Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

OK!

Cool! Thank you! :)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Is Windows 8 as much of a nightmare as I've been lead to believe?

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

Don't believe all the rubbish those neo-Nazi Linux fans write on the internet. Windows 8 is different in many ways but pretty much still the same under the hood. The interface was indeed created with tablets and mobile phones in mind but with some patience you'll find it's just as easy to use with a mouse once you figured out what goes where.

edited December 1969

It took me a few days to get use to it. But now I really like it. So much is easier and things are in general easier to find. It also looks less congested when I have loads of junk open. But things are still easy to pull up.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

Don't believe all the rubbish those neo-Nazi Linux fans write on the internet. Windows 8 is different in many ways but pretty much still the same under the hood. The interface was indeed created with tablets and mobile phones in mind but with some patience you'll find it's just as easy to use with a mouse once you figured out what goes where.

I love passionate posts like this! :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited January 2013

wancow said:

I'm an old dog and it's hard to teach me new tricks. I'm not particularly fond of Windows8. It does however, behave pretty much like Windows7 once you find your way to the "Desktop". It's that whole "Start Page" thingie that I curse at every time I find myself back there, which happens far to often out of necessity.

The biggest problem is getting access to the administrative type tools that use to be so easily configured onto the old "Start menu". i.e. "Network", Control Panel, Computer, Devices &Printers;, Run.

I can see if you were using it on a Tablet the finger oriented interface for the Start Page would make sense but on a PC with keyboard and mouse it's just very very clumsy.

Get a book or read the readme's and watch the introductory videos otherwise you'll completely miss the unidentified places (extreme corners & edges) on the screen that have functions associated with mouse and key actions.

And if you want to simply play a quick game of "Solitare" it takes 2 minutes to activate it! WTF!!! And that's if you bypass all the "cloud" stuff they practically stuff down your throat.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Yes, I have the newest version of studio running on my windows 8 laptop.

I downloaded daz 3d and install manager, it says it is installed I can see all the clothes and things like that but I can't find the actual app or anything! Help me please?

edited December 1969

Is there no little DAZ logo thing on the start screen (the one with all the icons) toward the end? There also should be a DAZ link on your desktop as well.

• edited December 1969

only install manager

edited December 1969

When you look at the files is there a DAZ 3D file in program files that has two files in it? one will be Content management service (If you installed it) and the other is DAZStudio4?

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I downloaded daz 3d and install manager, it says it is installed I can see all the clothes and things like that but I can't find the actual app or anything! Help me please?

Did you really install DAZ Studio, or did you only install the Install Manager? DAZ Studio cannot be downloaded or installed via Install Manager. You have to download it from your account from My Downloadable Products and install it. Part of the download is also the Genesis Essentials file, which you also must install (it contains Genesis and other basic content for DAZ studio).

• edited December 1969

Buddy, I aren't good with computers, I tried but I couldn't so I am just gonna go to a shop and buy one there, thanks anyway.

• SuperDeathGuySuperDeathGuy Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

Windows 8 is in fact a nightmare. (to some...and for truly valid reasons)
    Which is not to say it is useless, but it is certainly not about freedom.
    If anything windows is more neo-Nazi than any Linux distro I have encountered.
    For one, IMO, The interface is annoying and bloated. Security is out the window, and stability...mercy mate it's just not there.

But perhaps when you learn to value more than your own opinion mate, you will be able to see things more clearly. ;-)
    The end result is that windows is NOT everyone's perfect system. For reasons important to each individual.

For that matter neither is Linux, Mac, etc.

But I think that by far you will find far more "red arm band wearing sheep" under the windows banner than Linux.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Please keep the conversation civil,

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited May 2013

I just purchased a 32G monster tower. They were going to put 7 on it. But this guy at work told me I was buying an obsolete op system to go with 8 cause its present future blah blah.

DS Ran fine but Reality 2.5 does not. The place that sold it to me rolled it back to 7 under the downgrade rights. I still have 8 perhaps when they release the blues pack later on and perhaps R3 for DS may be compatible I may re visit installing it.

Post edited by Bobvan on