New monitor: Oh my goodness!

TorbyTorby Posts: 250
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've always used my netbook with a 1366 x 768 display for rendering.

I just got a new monitor. Same netbook, but WOW what a difference when I slide DS over to the 1920x1080 display!

With tabs open on both sides of DS 4, the picture space was about an inch and a half wide. Now the picture space is almost as big as my netbook's whole display! Taller, but not quite as wide. And those tiny sliders? I can actually fiddle them.

(Now I just need a project so I can afford this new monitor.)

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Wait until you go dual monitor. It's impossible to go back. ^_^;;;;;

(I had to shrink it for the forum to let me post it, but it's really supposed to be 3840x1080 :) :) :) )

DS4_Layout_2Mon_sml.jpg
    2000 x 563 - 103K
  • Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

Yup! Once you go Dual Monitor you will wonder how you managed with one.. and then you will wish you had a 3rd one to watch Movies on LOL

DazDualMonitor_Forum.jpg
    2000 x 529 - 482K
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

STOP THIS THREAD AT ONCE!!!! You guys are making me feel my own poverty :P :P :P

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited December 1969

Torby said:
    I've always used my netbook with a 1366 x 768 display for rendering.

I just got a new monitor. Same netbook, but WOW what a difference when I slide DS over to the 1920x1080 display!

With tabs open on both sides of DS 4, the picture space was about an inch and a half wide. Now the picture space is almost as big as my netbook's whole display! Taller, but not quite as wide. And those tiny sliders? I can actually fiddle them.

(Now I just need a project so I can afford this new monitor.)

Congratulations! Ain't it nice to have room to stretch and wiggle your toes (er, fingers)?. :-)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Dual Monitor was necessary for me as a programmer. C++ and debug on one screen, output on the other. These days its Daz in one window, and either internet (Youtube cats ftw!) or, more productively, Photoshop CS5 in the other.

Only downside is I cheaped out on one of the monitors, and now the colours are all a bit screwed up despite my best attempts at calibration.

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Always wanted dual monitors. At my former employer, support staff had dual monitors, but "was unnecessary for developers." Then the new hired developers got dual monitors. Then the new hired developer was the boss. Then the boss was Darth Vader....

Now I have dual monitors :D

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited January 2013

I solved the need for more information overload long ago by assembling a family of machines (many of them were orphans) around me. 8-o

Monitors clockwise from upper left:

1) 19" WinXP
    2) 23" Win7 primary monitor
    3) 23" Win7 secondary monitor and HDMI TV as 2nd input
    4) 23" monitor (back visible) switches between another XP, a Vista, a Win8, and yet another XP
    5) 32" TV also has input from the Win8

My recliner faces the TV and I've got wireless mouse and keyboard on the Win8 machine so I can sip hot chocolate, munch Triscuits, play solitare and pretty much vegetate when I get tired of fixing customer computers and playing with DAZ tools.

DSCN2286_20130123_100224.jpg
    1024 x 683 - 80K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

I'd hate to see that electric bill

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817
    edited December 1969

are you sure that is not his CCTV setup for watching the neighbours?