Somebody let me know when the Horse 2 is free ;-) [solvEd]

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited January 2013 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/daz-horse-2

I've been watching this item since it came out. Everytime I go to the page [or so it seems] it's a different price.

I was sent a coupon apparently to an old account which obviously is not the PC one for shopping from. A short term item anyway which expired before I knew it was there. So have made it my hoped for goal this year that this item cometh to me for free :-)
Hopes do happen, we got D/S4.0 :-) even with upgrades to 4.5 :-)
This is a minor item.

Thank you.

Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

The odds of the horse ever being free are slim to none.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thank you. Now with coupons, vouchers, and etc. ... have a little faith!

Who'd thought we'd ever see D/S4Pro for free? We did.

Not asking for the whole set, though there's an idea. Maybe if we asked for the whole set, we'd get the horse.

:-)

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Who'd thought we'd ever see D/S4Pro for free? We did.

The program is free to get you to buy and make content; so yeah, chances of getting the horse free is very slim.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Often things like this are given away free in a magazine, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see this free or very close to it before 6 months are up.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

Probably not free... but could be a buy-it-all prize or a voted in $1.99 winner in a future PC club contest... you never know.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I think it could be a very long wait considering the Horse has only recently been released.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

I would also point out that the program might not remain free. Bryce and Hexagon are both being sold again; although for a ridiculously low price ($19.99 each).

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,216
    edited December 1969

Have you considered going to the 3D World magazine site and in their forums, offer up a suggestion? They have offered pay for stuff for free many times, it's how I got Victoria5 and Daz3 Pro for free, as well as many other items, both content and programs.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

but
    I HAD to say it,
    Many may look a gift horse in the mouth!!!!!

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Have you considered going to the 3D World magazine site and in their forums, offer up a suggestion? They have offered pay for stuff for free many times, it’s how I got Victoria5 and Daz3 Pro for free, as well as many other items, both content and programs.

DAZ is more willing to give things like that free because of the potential volume of add on product sales. If they hook someone on a figure/shape, even on that includes a couple of outfits, they can potentially sell other things to customers over the life of the base that will more than make up the initial loss due to giving it away. It is very unlikely that the horse (or any other critter) will have a similar volume of add on products/potential sales for them to make up for giving away the base.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Have you considered going to the 3D World magazine site and in their forums, offer up a suggestion? They have offered pay for stuff for free many times, it’s how I got Victoria5 and Daz3 Pro for free, as well as many other items, both content and programs.

DAZ is more willing to give things like that free because of the potential volume of add on product sales. If they hook someone on a figure/shape, even on that includes a couple of outfits, they can potentially sell other things to customers over the life of the base that will more than make up the initial loss due to giving it away. It is very unlikely that the horse (or any other critter) will have a similar volume of add on products/potential sales for them to make up for giving away the base.

Oh I've been watching the 3D mags when they eventually arrive in the store ... but yes, "on their own" the animal figures are not the big sellers of products like the people ones.

But if they should give somebody like me a Free Horse 2, and I made up a whole bunch of freeware skins for it ... then more people would have to buy the horse 2 in order to use the skins. My thought for the day. Have downloaded the Seam guides ...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Dare I say that the DAZ Horse will be free after the DAZ stable door has been bolted? ;)

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    The odds of the horse ever being free are slim to none.

So . . . . there actually is a chance. :cheese: LOL

edited December 1969

:-) If we are patient ... and hmmm .... oh yes, and a nice sales glitch happens :-)

edited December 1969

Reading through the forum looks like there was a 'store glitch' ... hmm ... "sales glitch" robot, "sales", not 'store'!

Scary when the credit card information box vanished. Clicking on the words brought it back ... but it should have been there all along.

Could be a long year.

edited December 1969

Got the horse!!! :-)

"gotta have faith ... gotta have faith" ... oh yeah, of course a bit of money to pay for the rest of the package helped and a coupon back in my account helped too :-)

thank you Daz3d ;-)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

I am so happy for you!
    now giddy up %-P

edited December 1969

It has kool textures!

But you know me, now to see how to make this work in D/S4.0 ...