Please HELP I cant register my studio

edited December 1969 in New Users

i downloaded my Studio a few times but always be the same i cant register it -.-

whats wrong with me i have the serial but no register online button like shows me in the quickstep tutorial

my version is DAZStudio_4.0.3.47_Win64

but on my account under serial numbers is nothing

DAZ Software Serial NumbersProduct Name Order Serial Number

Currently there are no Serial Numbers available for you.

please help me to register my studio

Comments

• edited June 2012

The serials for the current versions of DS, Bryce, and Hexagon are available in this thread. This one should work for you:

DAZ Studio 4 Pro (Free)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/

Edited to remove serial number and added link to where it's posted

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • edited December 1969

thx for the tipp but it dosent work for me -.- i cant register and i dont know why on the menu FILE i just have the the EXIT option whats wrong"

any other ideas?

• edited June 2012

With screenshots, this time:
    1. Open DS, and click on the Help menu.
    2. Select 'Register DAZ Studio...'
    3. Paste in the serial and click OK.

If you're not seeing something like what's in the screenshots, please show us what you're seeing. (My copy is already registered, so the text will probably be a little different in the registration box.)

01-DS4-Help.png
    492 x 281 - 35K
    02-DS4-Register.png
    588 x 705 - 74K
    Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
  • edited June 2012

okay this time with screenshot so u can see what i see

after i type the serial and press okay it colsed then i restart it and same again no menus and not registred -.-

is it possible the problem is the 64bit version? my os is windows 7 64bit edition... should i try the 32 bit version???

okay tryed with the 64 bit and the 32 result is the same -.- nothing works -.-

Unbenannt.jpg
    512 x 301 - 28K
    Post edited by AnBa33_5a35abc864 on
  • edited December 1969

Ok, well, I can see that you're showing the 'Pro' in the titlebar, and the registration window shows you as having used a Pro serial... And I have no earthly idea where your menus have gone. Even with the wrong version the menus should be there. I don't think I've ever seen that.

Time to see if someone who uses 4 more regularly than I do can get us an answer. (I'm still using 32-bit DS3.) Anyone?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Please don't show the serial number - yes, it is available to all at the moment but that is not guaranteed to always be the case and so we need the code to be keep in one location only.

If you go to the application folder - the place you installed DAZ Studio - there should be a RestoreDefaults script -double-click that and see if it restores your menus.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

For all the MENU's you need one of the TWO pro layouts. Window>Workspace>Select Layout try City Limits.

Or try Richards advice first. I did not know you LOST your layout. I thought it was your first install.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,357
    edited December 1969

I'm running the 64bit version and its working ok. I seem to remember a user having the same problem but I can't for the life of me remember what was causing it. I'll ask around and see if I can't get someone to come in and help out more.

• edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    For all the MENU's you need one of the TWO pro layouts. Window>Workspace>Select Layout try City Limits.

Or try Richards advice first. I did not know you LOST your layout. I thought it was your first install.

this was a good tip thx 4 this ... :D now i have the menus but the problem with the register is still alive -.-

edited December 1969

Make sure when your coping the serial there is no space at the beginning or the end. That tends to deny serial numbers.

edited June 2012

Did I not read in one of the old Forums that one version had that issue? It said DS4 but still ran as the full DS4Pro with all the features?
    If you do Help About Daz Studio what is the FULL version number. Mine is DS4Pro v 4.0.3.47.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Does the account you're installing to have Administrator privileges?

edited December 1969

Does the account you're installing to have Administrator privileges?

Forgot that one. Good tip.
  • dethphunkdethphunk Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hey guys, Im having same problem registering my Daz3D Studio 4. I have read through this thread and links to other thread posted by ThinMick and I still can't resolve my registration issue.

I tried to register my Daz3D Studio 4 on this page: http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-software-registration/ and all I got was a dead page.

Am I the only one here still with this issue or Daz have yet to resolve this problem as of end of June 2012?

red1.jpg
    440 x 496 - 89K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do not use the Register Online -- just insert the key from the readme file that came with the Zip.

• dethphunkdethphunk Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I downloaded my copy from CNet download and the serial did not work. I download yet another copy from Daz's site and this time, the registration works. Solved my issue. Thanks fixmypcmike.

edited December 1969

Glad it got worked out for you. Now go have fun with it.