The robot girl in this weekend's promo

brent1484brent1484 Posts: 0
edited January 2013 in The Commons

So, has this model been released yet? I'm referring to that cool looking female android featured here http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions. I'm, looking for this model, but I can't seem to find It in the shop. I'm assuming it is coming soon?

Post edited by brent1484 on

Comments

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited December 1969

Yeah!! Me too! Want robot!

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Someone else also asked this question. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14944/

The general assumption is that it's a "soon to be released" product for Genesis and I DO recognize V5's face in that sneak peak. Someone else also mentioned it has a placeholder in the Documation center called Bot Genesis:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15588/start

So, it does look like it's going to be released soon for Genesis. How soon, I have no idea :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

So, it does look like it's going to be released soon for Genesis. How soon, I have no idea :)

Anyone see a weather report for Hades lately?"

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yeah it is snowing I believe well that's what dad told me. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Yeah it is snowing I believe well that's what dad told me. :)
    Snowing? From what I'm seeing it looks Frozen over. Opps, I think I just told folks where I'm at. Its a DRY Cold right now.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited January 2013

...well according to Dante back in the 14th century (some 700+ years ago), the ninth circle of hell was already frozen over. ;-)

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

It's been a while but I thought it was extreme pressure, basically like a black hole, not frozen.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

Anyone see a weather report for Hades lately?"

:ahhh: the four letter word :ahhh:

Could be in for very long cold spell with very deep ice as it drifts off into deep dark space.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited January 2013

There you go, the announcement is going to be just the word 'soon' .. without any explanation as to what it refers to even.

They've been paid to do a psychological test on the user base by an unnamed source, similar to a Rorschach test. ;)

Edit: wrong thread, got mixed up with the 'Carrarra anouncement' ;p

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

oh man ... 2 items ...

okay noobies

The word "s**n", from a long history ago before I joined [join date has nothing to do with date near avatar] .... means NEVER.

We do not use that word. K. thank you.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

oh man ... 2 items ...

okay noobies

The word "s**n", from a long history ago before I joined [join date has nothing to do with date near avatar] .... means NEVER.

Actually, it means 1 day less than never...because there is a slight chance that before time ends, it could happen...maybe...

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    oh man ... 2 items ...

okay noobies

Actually, it means 1 day less than never...because there is a slight chance that before time ends, it could happen...maybe...

Thank you for the correction. ;-)

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    There you go, the announcement is going to be just the word 'soon' .. without any explanation as to what it refers to even.

They've been paid to do a psychological test on the user base by an unnamed source, similar to a Rorschach test. ;)

Edit: wrong thread, got mixed up with the 'Carrarra anouncement' ;p

Part of the same experiment, they figured the Carrara user base wasn't a big enough of a test group.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

Look what I see in new releases....

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/bot-genesis

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Pixel8ted said:
    Look what I see in new releases....

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/bot-genesis

Yea I just spotted it as well looks very nice.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

oooo, shiny shiny...

Bot_Genesis_Test.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 510K
  • MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh yes, a must have. LOL I’m already wondering what the new glass shaders can do. Awesome alien world/sci-fi scene possibilities there.

Cheers :)

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Crap!! I don't even have the latest Daz version installed yet.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....robots! *Runs to store with credit card in hand* ... *Trips over MJ* Ouch!

edited January 2013

Trip over MY Rae-el Demon, Harry. I dares ya. :cheese:

Post edited by MJ_Vivianight on
    edited December 1969

Lol. Nono, you just want that beast to eat meeee. Bad Rae-el! >:-(

:cheese:

edited December 1969

Ha, your Dresden badge has officially been revoked! Afraid of a single demon, hmmm? ;)

Hmm, and why am I looking at that robot and thinking spiked tentacles on the head. In glass shaders... Rising up from some sort of small pool in an otherwise bare rock landscape? Argh, I need DS 4.5+...

• SpiritWolf448SpiritWolf448 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

*quickly looks over the details for the Genesis Bot*

Mh, Studio only. No Poser companion files. Too bad. :long:

Ah well, on the bright side, this is saving me some money this way.

Have fun with your new shiny toy, folks. And enjoy. :-)

edited December 1969

*quickly looks over the details for the Genesis Bot*

Mh, Studio only. No Poser companion files. Too bad. :long:

Ah well, on the bright side, this is saving me some money this way.

Have fun with your new shiny toy, folks. And enjoy. :-)

I think it uses shader mixer shaders which is unique to Studio. It is also heavily geo-grafted and I'm not sure how well Poser plays with geo-grafting. So yeah, right now if you're not using Studio it's prolly best to wait and see if they release a Poser friendly version. On the up side you do have Andy to play with. ;)

edited January 2013

I think it uses shader mixer shaders which is unique to Studio. It is also heavily geo-grafted and I'm not sure how well Poser plays with geo-grafting. So yeah, right now if you're not using Studio it's prolly best to wait and see if they release a Poser friendly version. On the up side you do have Andy to play with. ;)

Shaders aren't a valid concern for making it Studio only in my opinion. One can always use other shaders if the supplied ones don't tickle the old fancy. If all comes down to it, just include the textures/shaders from the older V4 BotArmor or AikoBot 2 for Poser users as a starting point.

Now, geo-grafting.... since I don't even know what that is supposed to be, I cannot comment on that. *If* you talk about the Genesis "feature" of clinging to the body like shrink-wrap, that works in Poser via the importer as far as I am aware. Though I must say I have no idea how the quality of the result compares to the one in Studio.

Though, small suggestion from me: how about a Poser compatible V4/A4/G4 version? Since the mesh objects already exist and textures/shaders shouldn't be a problem either (Obviously it won't look like in Studio, but I don't care. I render in Vue anyways, replacing most materials with Vue shaders.), I'd say it should be something one might ponder. ;-)

Except of course if the creator of GenesisBot (Parris, right?) is under direct order by DAZ *not* to do such a thing to hopefully get some more people to switch over to Studio. But of course we all know DAZ would never, ever resort to questionable business practices. :coolhmm: Hey, who started playing the X-Files theme song there?

Oh, and mind telling me who that "Andy" is? I have been using Poser since the old Poser 4 (non-ProPack) days back in the very early 2000's, but I never heard of a figure called Andy. Though given the name, I suspect it is a male-only figure, so not really of interest anyways.

Post edited by SpiritWolf448 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2013

Andy is the default figure in Poser 8 when you first open it, if you haven't changed it. It's a weird thing, sort of a cross between the woody type thing and a skeleton, but different.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Parris has already done Generation 4 bots,
    V4 - http://www.daz3d.com/bot-armor
    A4 - http://www.daz3d.com/aikobot-2

Genesis Bot might get an expansion pack at some point by some other vendor, but I'd be fairly surprised to see one (unless it was additional parts and protrusions a la Sorayama)

edited December 1969

Now, geo-grafting.... since I don't even know what that is supposed to be, I cannot comment on that. *If* you talk about the Genesis "feature" of clinging to the body like shrink-wrap, that works in Poser via the importer as far as I am aware. Though I must say I have no idea how the quality of the result compares to the one in Studio.

Geografting is more like cutting out parts of the body and replacing them with different parts in such a way that it still looks and works like a single fluid mesh.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

The promos also mention heavy use of Rigidity, which might be another thing that doesn't convert well to Poser since Studio and Poser use different weight mapping systems.

Does anyone know what in Bot Genesis requires 4.5.1.56 over 4.5.1.6? Does it use blended weight maps or something? Not that I'm adverse to upgrading from 4.5.1.6, just haven't had the time to do it yet.

edited December 1969

Geografting is more like cutting out parts of the body and replacing them with different parts in such a way that it still looks and works like a single fluid mesh.

Mhh. So at a very basic level something akin to Posers geometry swapping, I take it. Just in a different way.

cwichura said:
    The promos also mention heavy use of Rigidity, which might be another thing that doesn't convert well to Poser since Studio and Poser use different weight mapping systems.

As I have no experience with Studio, I cannot say, but it would certainly be a possible reason if the DSON importer doesn't do an adequate job about translating it (or is unable to as you are suggesting because of different approaches to the technology).

Andy is the default figure in Poser 8 when you first open it, if you haven't changed it. It's a weird thing, sort of a cross between the woody type thing and a skeleton, but different.

Aahhh. We're talking about the Stickman here.
    But... uh, Mr. Dresden, might you enlighten me as to why you would see this figure as an adequate substitution for the GenesisBot (as you seemed to suggest in your earlier post)? :question:

Parris has already done Generation 4 bots,
    V4 - http://www.daz3d.com/bot-armor
    A4 - http://www.daz3d.com/aikobot-2

True, but neither of the two has the smoother mesh appearance the Genesis Version seems to have. And then there is style....

By the same logic, one could as easily ask why people use Genesis and don't just stick with Victoria 1/2 or Posette. The base idea (human model) is the same, but the style and the possibilites are way different. That's why I slightly nudged into the general "make a Gen4 version" direction. ;-)

But enough of that. Tastes are luckily very diverse, and in the end, I'll simply state that I asked because the smoother, more streamlined mesh form of the new Bot is more to my tastes than the older iterations.

But it's not to be, so be it. *shrugs*

Happy DAZing, everybody. :-)