Which was (is) the most stable Carrara ersion for you?

NoneNone Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Just wondering what people think on this, some people are still using C6pro others C7 while others sing the praises of C8 and the 8.5 beta.

But which version does what you need it to do without all the bells and whistles, while maintaining stability and work-flow?

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Just wondering what people think on this, some people are still using C6pro others C7 while others sing the praises of C8 and the 8.5 beta.

But which version does what you need it to do without all the bells and whistles, while maintaining stability and work-flow?

For me 8.5.0.132 is the most stable while doing what I need to do.

Kendall

• edited December 1969

8.1 is pretty solid for me MAC os 10.5

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

C6.X hasn't crashed on me in over 5 years.

Of course, it's been over 5 years since I opened it...

Apart from that, I usually only crash any version when doing things I know will crash it regardless - like absurdly high poly fractal models used in soft body physics and stuff like that.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited December 1969

none were stable on my craptop
    only used 8.1.1.12 and the betas on my desktop, mostly not too bad but found the hair behaves better in recently installed on my desktop C6pro! but it is terribly slow!
    Carrara is more stable than a lot of other programs I use, inc Daz studio and iClone!

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

8.5 beta has been the most stable for me. Had Carrara since 5, so a few versions to compare.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

It crashes seldom - eg when i drag a figure in the hierachy and parent it to something else,
    but MIANLy when I am in the texture room and I start to close all my texture windows and still have the refresh buton ticked.
    This is a guaranteed crash most times.
    It also has a hissy fit if I smooth a model and then debone it (Ie get rid of the skeleton) and the scene is very large say around 1.gig

I installed one of the 8.5 betas and it screwded^%*&%$#$# my runtime so I refuse to be a beta tester after that - my time and work is too valuable to lose.

Well, valuable to me at least ;)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

I normally use C8.1.1.12 , and that seems to be pretty good for modelling texturing animating and rendering.
    I still jump in and out of the 8.5 beta's to test stuff.
    plus C6 and C7.2 for testing backward compatibility

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I use C7Pro exclusively. It works perfectly for me. Very stable. The only thing I can't get to work for me is Fenric's Pose Helper (crashes my system every bloody time).

I have C8Pro, but have yet to install it.

:coolsmile:

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

7.2 is very stable. I'm finding the current beta 8.5.132 is just as stable, but it feels a little bigger with the 64bit.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I tried an early Beta of C8.xx and it was stable enough for what I tried. Haven't had the filthy lucre to upgrade, so I'm still on C7.2 Pro and am pretty happy with it.