How to delete previews in the SMART CONTENT / UNASSIGNED folder

WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
edited December 1969 in New Users

Saved scenes, characters or something else is still visible after I deleted them. So the preview is overloaded with pic links I don't need anymore. Is there a way to delete them?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Funny I was just doing this a few hours ago.

Smart Content Pane click on the small Options Box (top right or left of the pane) Click on Content DB Maintenance See image 1

Then follow image 2

Close and restart Daz Studio

DB_main2.jpg
    292 x 367 - 102K
    DB_main.jpg
    583 x 1014 - 314K
  • WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, dear Szark. The professional visualizations are astonishing me (but that's not what I want do have explained lol )!

edited December 1969

Wolpi said:
    The professional visualizations are astonishing me (but that's not what I want do have explained lol )!
    Humm ok what do you need explaining then Wolp as I am at a loss with what you need.
    edited December 1969

My problem is, that the option "Content DB Maintenance" doesn't appear when I click that options box! (I'm working with DAZ 4.5 but not the pro version)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Wolpi said:
    My problem is, that the option "Content DB Maintenance" doesn't appear when I click that options box! (I'm working with DAZ 4.5 but not the pro version)

When you bought DS 4.5 through the store, you will have got a serial number added in your 'My Account' area for it. All you need to do, is go to Help > Register DAZ Studio, and enter the Pro serial number, then exit and restart DAZ Studio. That will make all options available.

edited December 1969

Yeah I would do what Jimmy suggested but if you do not want to then have you tried another Pane like the Content Library Pane instead.

You would be surprised what you might find if you really look harder. ;) Seriously spend sometime clicking everything you can find, open this that and the other. I do this for at least a week with a new piece of software before I go searching for tutorials. Then I am able to follow the help a little easier with having familiarised myself with the User Interface. There is always a Cancel button.

See a term that you don't understand, pop that word in to Google...sometimes it works on its own but you may have to provide some extra context in the search parameters.

edited January 2013

Thank you very much, JimmyC! You made me think about serial-numbers and registration and so I found, that I could update my standard version to 4.5 pro. I just did so but this doesn't seem to be the reason, why my little box doesn't contain the content database maintenance menu.

Post edited by Wolpi on
    edited December 1969

It could be down to your Layout settings. Found Under Windows > Workspace ?Select Layout and Windows > Style > Select Style. You can change your layout and save these settings via Windows > Workspace > Save Layout as and Style > Save Style as

The if things go wrong you can always quickly return to how you want your layout.

edited December 1969

Nor was this the solution to my problem. But a nice option I didn't know before!
    The unassigned folder with all its (most empty) previews is growing and growing.
    When I click on "Display the Actice Pane Options" - Box it opens only three options:

Make Pane undockable
    Make Pane Group undockable

Close Pane

edited December 1969

You will find it in the 'Content Library' pane in exactly the same place. It is only the very latest version of DS 4.5 that has it in Smart Content (where it should have been to begin with)

See image below.

Untitled-1.jpg
    572 x 460 - 175K
    edited January 2013

Thank you, Jimmy! I found it, I chose the both "remove ..." tabs, accepted - but nothing was deleted! :roll:

Post edited by Wolpi on
    edited December 1969

Did you try the 'Re-import Metadata' from the same place?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited January 2013

I think,, if Wolpi just hope to remove reference to "UNASSIGNED" in category,
    (so that,, saved scene etc show in as "UNASSIGNED")

on this case,, you may need not use content DB maintenance,, etc.
    it can reomve orphan files, but, unassgined files are not orphan files.

open content library
    Categories>Default>Unassigend> your files.

simply Right click the file ( image) or directory of category.

then select " remove referrence." (file) or "delete" (directory)

it remove only the refference to UNASSGINED"

after that, you may need "reflesh" (right -click on database icon (catgory) in content library)
    some times to remove icon. but it work.

though you can not remove "Unussigend " category from content library, I think.
    you can delete only files reference and sub directory from Unassigned.

but in smart content, "Unassigend " has gone out %-P
    so you may keep safety your secret scene,,may be,,,

however if you save new secret scene, and you do not categorize it,,
    it must be shown in unassgined category in smart content view ^^;
    so you may need often delete directory from category unussigned,,

unussgine2.JPG
    538 x 480 - 48K
    deletecategory.JPG
    558 x 346 - 49K
    unassigne1.JPG
    811 x 544 - 72K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on