IMPACT-The animated ruins project

StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Hey guys.here's a project I've had going on and off for a while now.it's not really ready for sale yet so I figured I'd just dump some of what I have as a freebie,

Impact(Works in DAZStudio 4.5 only):
http://stefan-morrell.com/Impact_Free.zip

Animation preview(quicktime):
http://stefan-morrell.com/ImpactFree.mov

usage is fairly easy.if all you want is a static pile of rubble then scrub the time slider to the end of the animation,
Each 'frag' has a few hundred pieces which are parented to a non rendering prop,called the target.you can use the target to place each animated prop where you need them.
if animating be sure to activate motion blur in render settings.
if you have keymate or animate2 you can slide keys to better position the timing of the impact in your animations.

hope you all get some enjoyment out of this..if not for rendering then just watching shit blow up is always cool :)

Cheers
Stefan

PS:the larger project I have includes walls and columns collapsing,crater impact points and other animated goodness,the reason it's on hold is D|S can't slide keys natively.this limits the end user too much for the product to be truly useful..so,if you want me to finish the project please request the ability to slide keys in your next bug reporter visit :)...thanks!

Comments

• nathan_1a2fc3c3d6nathan_1a2fc3c3d6 Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

Will this be available for poser as well?

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    edited December 1969

poser...not at this stage.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

Very neat - I foresee a lot of Vickies and Michaels getting some exercise.

• FlakFlak Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Looks very interesting. Bookmarked for when my brain is more functional :D

• MarkgambierMarkgambier Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Gorgeous, as usual, Stone. Question: Are the individual pieces that are scattered after impact "pre-created" and assembled into "solid" form prior to impact, or is dispersal random based on rules of physics?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My man, as a collector of all things Stonemason (I'm only three behind due to funds) and a user of KeyMate and Animate2 I will point out to you that all of us Animation dazers would love to see this full project finished. I would buy it now. I can think of many others that would also.

That said I thank you for this set now. I hope you finish it. Even if I must wait for DS to catch up.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,540
    edited December 1969

Very cool. It will be useful, I am sure.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Thank you. This will be fun to play with.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much - your stuff rocks! (no pun intended lol)

• ghost13ghost13 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

thank you :)

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Too bad it's for DS4.5, only. :(

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Looks cool - when my current running render is finished I'll play with it.

Thanks!

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

What a mess... Thanks Stonemason!

rubble.png
    810 x 455 - 552K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Though I don't do animations I would use these for a still render at whatever frame suited my needs...yeah very cool.

• The DigiVaultThe DigiVault Posts: 438
    edited December 1969

A nice addition to this would be an animated dust 'blast' texture that could key off a zdepth map.

Have a look here to see what this would look like...

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/depth_compositing/

It's done it After Effects but I wonder could a 'haze/zdepth' camera do the trick?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Oohdear... It looks great, and I'd love to see a finished product come out of this, but there's a hardcoded path in the textures — every one I load looks for "C:/Content/Runtime/Textures..." and the .duf files are impossible to edit so we can fix the paths.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited January 2013

Oohdear... It looks great, and I'd love to see a finished product come out of this, but there's a hardcoded path in the textures — every one I load looks for "C:/Content/Runtime/Textures..." and the .duf files are impossible to edit so we can fix the paths.

They are just compressed - you can expand them with the batch Convert pane in DS or most archive tools (I use 7Zip).

Do note, however, that paths in DS have the same character restrictions as urls - so if you have characters in your folder or file names that aren't valid for urls you need to replace them with their hex codes, such as [percent]20 for space. [percent] should be %, but the forum converts it into a space.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

if you have keymate or animate2 you can slide keys to better position the timing of the impact in your animations.

hope you all get some enjoyment out of this..if not for rendering then just watching shit blow up is always cool :)

Cheers
    Stefan

PS:the larger project I have includes walls and columns collapsing,crater impact points and other animated goodness,the reason it's on hold is D|S can't slide keys natively.this limits the end user too much for the product to be truly useful..so,if you want me to finish the project please request the ability to slide keys in your next bug reporter visit :)...thanks!

I wish you would release the full project even if DS doesn't have the ability to slide keys natively. That you are dependent in GoFigure shouldn't be a detractor, specially when the price of keymate is as low as it is. I look at it like this: most items in the store depend on one or various pre-purchases, starting with clothes that depend on a previous figure purchase.

edited December 1969

They are just compressed - you can expand them with the batch Convert pane in DS or most archive tools (I use 7Zip).

Do note, however, that paths in DS have the same character restrictions as urls - so if you have characters in your folder or file names that aren't valid for urls you need to replace them with their hex codes, such as for space.

thanks for the tip Richard,

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:

Cheers
    Stefan

I wish you would release the full project even if DS doesn't have the ability to slide keys natively. That you are dependent in GoFigure shouldn't be a detractor, specially when the price of keymate is as low as it is. I look at it like this: most items in the store depend on one or various pre-purchases, starting with clothes that depend on a previous figure purchase.

it's just not financialy viable to make content that relies on other paid for plugins..at least for me.my content is always stand alone with no other purchases required.

I'm sure DAZ will eventualy add key sliding as it's such a basic feature,certainly not one you should have to buy a plugin to do,at which point I'll get back to finishing the project

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited January 2013

Thank you! :) :) :)

Edited to add: if somebody creates a bug report, they could link it here.
    I just don't know enough about animation to make a coherent bug report about this.

Post edited by Kerya on
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Ok, Dear Stone,

Sorry, but I don't know the secret handshake :D

How do you use this thing? I once managed to make an animation following a video example, but can't seem to reproduce the experiment or find that example again. I think I recall dragging the white-on-blue ani blocks to the timeline, but now it won't let me drop them there.

Clueless as usual,

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited January 2013

thanks for these ! :)

and i could not resist, so i quickly cooked up a script to delay ( or un-delay) multi-child prop animations

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15550/

yodelayda.gif
    400 x 400 - 277K
    Yp-delay-Da.png
    357 x 254 - 9K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Fantastic, thank you so much. Another great way to cause mayhem and destruction :-P

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Torby said:
    Ok, Dear Stone,

Sorry, but I don't know the secret handshake :D

How do you use this thing? I once managed to make an animation following a video example, but can't seem to reproduce the experiment or find that example again. I think I recall dragging the white-on-blue ani blocks to the timeline, but now it won't let me drop them there.

Clueless as usual,

Oh, I see. You just put one of the Frags where you want it to hit, find the mis-linked texture and render a movie. SMASH!

Next, I'll see if I can edit the file path.