The Coffeehouse Complaint Thread

frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,357
edited February 2013 in The Commons

it's bread. :) my very first loaf of bread made from scratch.

recipe said 2 tsp of salt. it's a tad too salty to my tastebuds. i don't have table salt, i baked it with kosher salt, which i thought was what i was supposed to use for baking. next loaf i'll try it with 1 tsp.

it's lovely crispy on the outside. steam came out when i cut it. there was a thin line that looked a lil doughy still, but the internal heat made it keep on baking inside. so fluffy.

nommnommnomm

sends homemade bread out to the interwebs. lil plate of olive oil with fresh ground pepper for bread dipping.

some campbel tomato soup later for more delicious bread dipping.

Can you come to my house and make me some homemade bread?

Back to Snow Bikinis

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

we make homemade bread all the time..

I recommend keeping a note book of the recipies you try and any changes you feel you need to make to them.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,357
    edited December 1969

I keep a book of all my food recipes but I don't have any baking ones in there.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Bread is easy, just have to have time for the dough to rise (sometimes twice depending on recipie)

don't even need a loaf pan, just grease a cookie sheet and mound it up like the sourdough loaves.,

this is a good place to start..

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

None Complaint: Homemade Bread rocks, if you've never done it, DO IT. You will LOVE the out come. Start simple is all I suggest.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I used to like making Bread rolls, all different shaped ones. Sometimes even made animals for the kids.

edited December 1969

We have a food processor that can mix the dough in

edited December 1969

OK, first official complaint. It is bloody cold and windy today and my house won't stay warm. It 23F outside with 25mph winds. Our power went out at about 4AM and didn't come back on till 9am

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

the day is made for still more baking. :) brr/brr out.

what to make next?

coffee crumb cake ... no haz sour cream
    blueberry strudel muffins ... no bluberries, strawberries on hand. no muffin pan, but i could make one big muffin cake in a meatloaf pan. strawberry mega muffin!

carrying over bread portrait to new thread :)

wishing i had a bassinet for it. tucked it under a kitchen towel.

1stbread.png
    320 x 240 - 154K
    edited January 2013

Rareth said:
    Frank0314 said:

Bread is easy, just have to have time for the dough to rise (sometimes twice depending on recipie)

don't even need a loaf pan, just grease a cookie sheet and mound it up like the sourdough loaves.,

i used the cookie sheet as a po'or gal's baker's stone, on the rack under the loaf pan.

yumma, would like to make sourdough.

what's the difference between italian bread and french bread?

this is the flour i used (ooo, comes in a 25lb size - thaz a lot of dough)
    http://www.bobsredmill.com/unbleached-white-flour.html

but i ordered it from luckyvitamin.com

and this is the farina
    http://www.bobsredmill.com/organic-white-wheat-farina.html

ooooo pritty http://www.kingarthurflour.com/essentials/cookie-decorating

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

I wanna get one of those stones you put homemade pizza on

edited December 1969

i was just reading up on the baker's stones. it distributes the heat in the oven so's the dough cooks evenly.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    edited December 1969

I want some coffee. My site is acting up and I cannot get a hold of the person helping me with it.
    I am having difficulty coughing.

edited January 2013

I want some coffee. My site is acting up and I cannot get a hold of the person helping me with it.

Need to call the doctor or get some cough syrup. Or try some hot tea with honey

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Need to call the doctor or get some cough syrup. Or try some hot tea with honey

Hot tea sounds great.

edited December 1969

it takes practice to make cappuccino froth?

the instructions said the frothing nozzle should be just blow the surface of the milk. i used 2% milk.
    it made a latte like foam and it all sank into the espresso, froth is supposed to float mainly on top of the espresso?
    at starbucks they spoon the froth from the pitcher, but i didn't end up with spoonable froth. ??

double shot of espresso, should be able to stay awake for rendering t'nite :lol:

Sundays! or ... sundaes tee hee. homemade ice cream one day soon.

edited December 1969

Mmmm, that sounds good!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Frank0314 said:

i used the cookie sheet as a po'or gal's baker's stone, on the rack under the loaf pan.

yumma, would like to make sourdough.

what's the difference between italian bread and french bread?

this is the flour i used (ooo, comes in a 25lb size - thaz a lot of dough)
    http://www.bobsredmill.com/unbleached-white-flour.html

but i ordered it from luckyvitamin.com

and this is the farina
    http://www.bobsredmill.com/organic-white-wheat-farina.html

ooooo pritty http://www.kingarthurflour.com/essentials/cookie-decorating
    Italian bread is "il pane". French bread is "le pain".

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Mmmmm... fresh bread thread... *noms* :D

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    None Complaint: Homemade Bread rocks, if you've never done it, DO IT. You will LOVE the out come. Start simple is all I suggest.

...grandpa used to bake bread all the time. Still remember the smell throughout the house.

Need to do it myself again but my current schedule makes it difficult.

Bread makers, bah. They're like those exercise machines, used a couple times than either moved to the attic or donated to Goodwill. Have an old Mixmaster that also has a dough hook which I pikced up at a yard sale.

edited December 1969

Lovely weather we are having. Not

1570.jpg
    670 x 576 - 55K
    edited December 1969

I just remembered that I have not upgraded my copy of Zbrush. It is one big download. I hate for the download not to work.

I am thinking of watching Captain America after dinner.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...go to bed
    ...and there's a brand new thread.

...gotta say something for consistency I guess.

When I didn't get a reply button, thought Magento messed up again as I was shown as being logged in. so logged out and back in again. didn't think at the time that quite possibly the thread had rolled over as there was almost no activity for about three hours before I turned in.

...carryover from the previous thread.

” It came from the Adobe website” sounds like the title of a 1950s horror film.

...or a headline for when the latest Flash Player update has another security leak that allows viruses through.
    edited December 1969

Yeah it jumped 2 pages on me over night

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Last week it was highs in the 40s.

Today it's 72f at 1:20pm.

Gotta love Texas weather... :-S

98GB of content. :bug: Almost 100GB of 3D assets, close to 4GB of 2D assets. :bug: :gulp: Guess I'd better get that i7 system in a couple of weeks and get serious about a render or ten. At least some pin-ups!

Mike won't go into the RDNA flully tutu easily. Mike is a bad boy, he's lucky it's not a corset! :gulp: Looks like I'll be getting an M4 Crossdresser license sooner than later, and maybe a V4 so I can get my V3 naughty nun outfit on to her. :red: :red: Suddenly "Crossdresser" seens more appropriate...! :snake:

Almost time to go get lunch, a grilled mozzarella and cheddar sandwich with mater and basil. And coffee. Then off to the honky tonk for lkve music and cold, cold beer! :) :cheese:

edited December 1969

I've got about 15GB of content waiting to be installed

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...go to bed
    ...and there's a brand new thread.

...gotta say something for consistency I guess.

When I didn't get a reply button, thought Magento messed up again as I was shown as being logged in. so logged out and back in again. didn't think at the time that quite possibly the thread had rolled over as there was almost no activity for about three hours before I turned in.

...or a headline for when the latest Flash Player update has another security leak that allows viruses through.

My latest update for security reasons was Java.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

"... and it wants your CPU cycles!" O.O

"Fears! Thrills! Screams! Don't miss it - you won't be allowed to!" ;-)

edited December 1969

What is the most current version of 4.5? Just wondering if there is a newer version than I have installed?

edited December 1969

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

That is what I have already on machine, so no need to download it at this time.

I am going to learn Zbrush. I have it so I must learn to use it. (I also have Carrara, does that have option to paint on the 3d model instead of painting on the templates and hoping the seams do not show.)

This discussion has been closed.