Some M4 garments I bought won't fit on Genesis

K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, fellas. Recently updated my version of DAZ Studio to the very latest one (version 4.5.1.56) together with the latest version of Genesis, plus I bought this and this. Tried fitting the garments on Genesis. No good -- even though I previously bought M4/V4 Shapes for Genesis, which I've installed and applied to my Genesis figure. There was no 'Fit To' option in the pop-up menu when I right-clicked on the garments in my scene. (The menu on the right-hand side of the screen did have such an option, at least for the 'Gymrat' item, but when I used it the results were bleugh.)

What's going on? I thought Genesis should have an auto-fit tool now? I've tried other M4 garments on Genesis. They worked very well.

To add to my sorrows, the 'Gymrat' item was supposed to have come with a tutorial explaining how to use it with Genesis. I followed the links provided. Nothing. Tried a search here at DAZ 3D. Still nothing.

Help, please, anyone? Thanks!

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    Hi, fellas. Recently updated my version of DAZ Studio to the very latest one (version 4.5.1.56) together with the latest version of Genesis, plus I bought this and this. Tried fitting the garments on Genesis. No good -- even though I previously bought M4/V4 Shapes for Genesis, which I've installed and applied to my Genesis figure. There was no 'Fit To' option in the pop-up menu when I right-clicked on the garments in my scene. (The menu on the right-hand side of the screen did have such an option, at least for the 'Gymrat' item, but when I used it the results were bleugh.)

What's going on? I thought Genesis should have an auto-fit tool now? I've tried other M4 garments on Genesis. They worked very well.

To add to my sorrows, the 'Gymrat' item was supposed to have come with a tutorial explaining how to use it with Genesis. I followed the links provided. Nothing. Tried a search here at DAZ 3D. Still nothing.

Help, please, anyone? Thanks!

Autofit doesn't work with dynamic clothing. One of the dynamic clothing threads has info on how to get it to fit to genesis, but I don't have the link.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

These are both dynamic items and need to be draped using the Dynamic Cloth plug in. If you do a search for that in regards to Genesis you should find all you need to do :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

This was asked the other day http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15222/

Szark said:
    This clothing item is a piece of Dynamic Clothing which means you need to use the Dynamic Clothing Control (Daz Studio comes with a cut down version of this http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-clothing-control) also most of us find using the Animated Drape gets better results if the pose is dramatic...simple poses; a Static Drape may work ok.

Google search for daz studio 4 dynamic clothing tutorial
    PDF tutorail