The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Here are two Yweebs I textured. One is for my mum and the other one is the first two colors on my color palate in PS.

I've been enjoying all your eye and other textures. Excellent work! :)
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Here is Chip with Yweeb's eye textures.

chip2.jpg
    1540 x 862 - 26K
    Chip.jpg
    1540 x 862 - 25K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

baybee tis cold outside brrrr

i am in for the weekend. except for doggy walks. no wanna put my toesies out in the cold.

scrubbed my bathroom and kitchie sink last weekend. today, just a quick vacuum and poof chores are done.

baking, pampering, web surfing, and rendering. :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

@Spyro: Well if you hate painted on "muscles" you probably would hate this: http://shop.3dtotal.com/training/training-ebooks-3dsmax/swordmaster-low-poly-game-character-3dsmax.html
    XD

productmain_01.jpg
    808 x 434 - 64K
    edited December 1969

Yweeb can wear Chip's eyes

yweebwithchipeyes.jpg
    1540 x 862 - 35K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

complaint, why does Google's Picasa photo album thing insist on wanting to face tag Genesis characters in my renders.
    I can understand it trying get me to identify who Vicky and Michael are.. but this guy???

Alien-infiltration.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 344K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Where can I find Hitomi's templates?

Are you looking for the texture templates? They are on this page:
    Hitomi 3D Anime Girl for Genesis

Scroll down until you see the tab titled "Resource Files", then click on "Resource Files."

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    @Spyro: Well if you hate painted on "muscles" you probably would hate this: http://shop.3dtotal.com/training/training-ebooks-3dsmax/swordmaster-low-poly-game-character-3dsmax.html
    XD

No I dont hate that :) This model is designed to be low poly, and likely designed and created for gaming use, such models just cant have the highly detailed geometry, games just cant support it. Daz characters are designed and created for high resolution renders/art/animations. strong Painted on details for muscles and collar bones etc simply is overkill, especially when all those details are made from the geometry/morphs.

edited December 1969

damn... 39 updates for my computer are taking forever... and its only installing them :( In for a long night.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Yweeb can wear Chip's eyes

Hey great textures Kulay :)

edited December 1969

I got myself confused. I forgot what I was doing.

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    complaint, why does Google's Picasa photo album thing insist on wanting to face tag Genesis characters in my renders.
    I can understand it trying get me to identify who Vicky and Michael are.. but this guy???

I got some editing software does that, is good for a laugh :)

edited December 1969

I got myself confused. I forgot what I was doing.

Happens to me all the time :lol:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Non-complaint: I just got a new Grandnephew at 4:30 am today. Meet Walker Edgar Smith. :cheese:

Awww teh cutie, gratz :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Rezca said:
    Yaaaay is finished! X3

Well done rezca! great stuff :cheese:

+1

edited January 2013

Damn Borg, you is up early. (Unless you've joined the night shifters... even on our days off, we find it hard to fully return to the "Normal" daily lifestyle.)

Just spent an hour with computer updates, only to discover after restart that there are 20 "new" updates ready to be installed... Ridiculous. I did just install the 39 "new" updates minutes ago.

Mind you, it was worth it... I neglected updates for so long, I didn't realize Nvidia driver was out of date.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Been getting a bit of sailing in so keeping irregular hours for the past few days, so exhausted last night was asleep before 8 pm :lol:

edited December 1969

I didn't write these, but they made me laugh.

tumblr_lckral8c8p1qcad3zo1_500.jpg
    476 x 700 - 91K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

It says it how it is :)

@Borg - Sailing? That sounds fun :) a lot of early hours involved, I see what you mean.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I don't know about #2... some of these flat screen TVs don't have many controls or mounted high on the wall where you can't get to them so you'd best keep track of that remote... seems like the authors not to technically savvy to know that.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited January 2013

Spyro said:
    Rezca said:
    XD

No I dont hate that :) This model is designed to be low poly, and likely designed and created for gaming use, such models just cant have the highly detailed geometry, games just cant support it. Daz characters are designed and created for high resolution renders/art/animations. strong Painted on details for muscles and collar bones etc simply is overkill, especially when all those details are made from the geometry/morphs.

My opinion on that is (FROM MY EXPERIENCES) quite a lot of Poser and D|S renders I've seen - thankfully not in this thread - seem to be very washed out and make heavy, heavy use of ambient lights that totally destroy any shadows in the scene, so subtle geometry shadowing like those areas are lost. If they're painted on, then the folks can go wild with those ambient lights they seem to love.

Ah yes, and one other thing I see a ton which has become a huge peeve of mine (Epecially when it happens to me XD) is the "Floating Objects" where a can or cardboard box or a chair would be on a flat stone floor but there's no shadowing to show that it's sitting there. Something that in Cinema going into the render settings and enabling Ambient Occlusion fixes 97.5% of the time, but I've still had some renders come out with floating/pasted objects >< Usually when using Vray =) I don't understand the 20 something knobs and dials Vray has to enable AO and their online manual is terribly confusing when compared to Cinema's simple yet thorough one.

Like this: Vray. Awesome picture, but nothing I did (That I could comprehend) could get it to not look like it was just pasted there in Photoshop or something =P
    Well was one of my first renders so go figure ^^

gallery_71946_2196_50558.jpg
    528 x 690 - 79K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Spyro said:
    Rezca said:
    XD

My opinion on that is (FROM MY EXPERIENCES) quite a lot of Poser and D|S renders I've seen - thankfully not in this thread - seem to be very washed out and make heavy, heavy use of ambient lights that totally destroy any shadows in the scene, so subtle geometry shadowing like those areas are lost. If they're painted on, then the folks can go wild with those ambient lights they seem to love.

Ah yes, and one other thing I see a ton which has become a huge peeve of mine (Epecially when it happens to me XD) is the "Floating Objects" where a can or cardboard box or a chair would be on a flat stone floor but there's no shadowing to show that it's sitting there. Something that in Cinema going into the render settings and enabling Ambient Occlusion fixes 97.5% of the time, but I've still had some renders come out with floating/pasted objects >< Usually when using Vray =) I don't understand the 20 something knobs and dials Vray has to enable AO and their online manual is terribly confusing when compared to Cinema's simple yet thorough one.

Like this: Vray. Awesome picture, but nothing I did (That I could comprehend) could get it to not look like it was just pasted there in Photoshop or something =P
    Well was one of my first renders so go figure ^^

well I try real hard to minimize the floating look...

and yeah Ambient lighting, IBL, IDL is all the rage..

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    tjohn said:

@Borg - Sailing? That sounds fun :) a lot of early hours involved, I see what you mean.

Would live in water if I could :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Urgh! What a busy day!!! :bug: :bug:

Went out, got a haircut, had fried chicken for lunch, hit Guitar Center for cables and to talk to the repair guy about replacing a pickup on my Strat, then Wa-Mart for underwear and pay on my credit card, home, swapped the memory on the tablet to max it out at 4GB of RAM, swapped the memory on this i5 box to max it at 8GB, wired my guitar effects pedal into the drum machine, wired the drum machine into the multitrack recorder, tested the connections up to the drum machine outs, took a nap. :-S :-S

I'm going to go out tonight for DEAD FISH ON A PLATE, then over to listen to some kick-butt live music and suck down a few beers!!! :ahhh: :ahhh:

Miso soup, tempura veggies, dumplings, and maybe a spider roll!!! :cheese: :cheese:

Tomorrow - test the multitrack connection, do some recording, hang out and MAYBE relax a bit, :coolsmile:

I'm going to end up getting an i7 for my main machine, this box will become my writing machine, the tablet stays as my portable device. The Dell D610 and Asus laptops will both get sold when the i7 arrives, along with my Android tablet. In Juine, I'll replace the Lenovo tablet with a Fujitsu Lifebook i3-based Tablet PC and that should be the end of my computer lust.

Just need to save up for one more guitar, too..heh.. :red: :red: :red:

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    tjohn said:

Would live in water if I could :)
    Seaborg? :)

@Wooly: and in the midst of all that, move cubbyholes once more! ;-)

edited December 1969

sitting at home waiting for dough to rise. not sure if i kneaded it enough.

new mixer has the dough twirly attachments, but not sure the mixer has the jules to knead this dough.

recipe says to let it rise 2 hours, then knead/fold the dough again to let it rise another hour. don't feel i can stay awake 2 hours. what will happen? how much can it rise in one night?

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

lol

#4 nah, you find things when you stop looking for it :)

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

lol
    I think I'm looking for a new complaint thread name...

the "I didn't make a snow bikini render in time complaint thread" ... >_<</p>

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    tjohn said:

lol

I think I'm looking for a new complaint thread name...

the "I didn't make a snow bikini render in time complaint thread" ... >_<</div>

would have melted anyhow :lol:

edited December 1969

Saw some pictures of my new grandnephew wearing a t-shirt like this. He was born yesterday. :)

il_570xN.274113847_.jpg
    480 x 480 - 16K
This discussion has been closed.