Sarong for Genesis

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in Freebies

http://www.sharecg.com/v/66930/view/21/DAZ-Studio/wc-Sarong

Let me know if it works proper... this is my very first try at making clothing for distribution...

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

thank you
    ! - works great

1_sarong.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 87K
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

WHAT!! NO FAIR!! You're supposed to come on and tell me it doesn't work, I suck and am stupid and why didn't I think to include such and such a file!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??? The world must be coming to an end...

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    WHAT!! NO FAIR!! You're supposed to come on and tell me it doesn't work, I suck and am stupid and why didn't I think to include such and such a file!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??? The world must be coming to an end...

:P

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795
    edited January 2013

or at least render it on the gorilla with a two coconut-half bra and a pineapple on her head!
    (I won't, I will leave it to your imagination) ;-P

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

or at least render it on the gorilla with a two coconut-half bra and a pineapple on her head!
    (I won't, I will leave it to your imagination) ;-P

had to be you :-P

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Looks good. Sorry I can't try it out but it's in duf format and I'm still using DS4.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

I'm in the same boat as Wilmap. IF you could convert it to DSF, those of us still using Daz 4.0 could use it.

• edited December 1969

Spiffy! Would you be ok with a texture set being made for it?

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Looks good. Sorry I can't try it out but it's in duf format and I'm still using DS4.

I still don't understand why you haven't upgraded :(

edited December 1969

Spiffy! Would you be ok with a texture set being made for it?

I would love some nice textures for it!

• edited December 1969

Cool beans...just give me a few to figure out how to use 4.5 since I just took up rendering again after 2 years. :)

edited December 1969

I didn't make a texture template for it, but you can make your own using uvmapper http://www.uvmapper.com

Export to OBJ and load it in UVMapper.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    wilmap said:

I still don't understand why you haven't upgraded :(

Because there are a lot of people who still use DS4 or who can't get it to work on their PCs and they like my clothes. If I use DS4.5 none of them can use them.

• edited December 1969

Wancow- I could try to get DS4 to load on my computer since I run two hard drives and import the object then send everything to you for you to distribute for DS4 users.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

Okay...you suck and you're stupid! I mean, what good is this thing? There's no place to put a gun and it looks just stupid with a holster! If she wears it while jumping off a building with a sword in either hand it flies all over the place and looks dumb. All she can do is just stand there and...look sexy...with all that hip showing...and.....*drool*...

Okay, I'll let it go just this one time, but no more sucky clothing, alright?!? I mean, nothing like a matching top or anything...stupid like that...sort of a bandana thing...with a low cut front...or maybe a halter top...OKAY!?!

WC_Sarong_Test_000.jpg
    420 x 554 - 276K
    edited December 1969

first try at Texture for Sarong

1_sarong_texture.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 83K
  • edited December 1969

Wancow I hate to say this, but I think your sarong hates me. With a passion.

• edited December 1969

wancow said:

Okay...you suck and you're stupid! I mean, what good is this thing? There's no place to put a gun and it looks just stupid with a holster! If she wears it while jumping off a building with a sword in either hand it flies all over the place and looks dumb. All she can do is just stand there and...look sexy...with all that hip showing...and.....*drool*...

Okay, I'll let it go just this one time, but no more sucky clothing, alright?!? I mean, nothing like a matching top or anything...stupid like that...sort of a bandana thing...with a low cut front...or maybe a halter top...OKAY!?!

Your renders have always made me want to give rendering in Bryce a try. Just saying. lol

edited December 1969

wancow said:

Your renders have always made me want to give rendering in Bryce a try. Just saying. lol

You should try it. It's my preferred render engine, although nearly all of the objects are set-up in Studio (pick a version) exported as .obj files and dropped into Bryce. I never could get that bridge from Studio to Bryce to work right and find this a much easier method. It takes a little used to doing the scene set-ups in wireframe (the OGL in Bryce bogs my computer down) but you can adapt pretty quickly with a little practice. I just love the control over the lighting along with the huge sets I can create with the program, finding both Studio and Poser too limited in that respect. The Pro version is no longer free, if I remember right, but I think that it's $20 or something like that now. Check the store for further details. In any event, it's well worth playing with.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

and I second what Lord Ganthor says, only difference with me is that I prep in poser, but apart form that use the same method, and have done since forever, through every version of Bryce that has been available for the PC. Bryce is fun, and it has a zonking render engine.

• edited January 2013

See I played around in Bryce and created some backgrounds, and yes it has amazing rendering capabilities. Maybe I'll have to give it another shot whenever the two year old terror and work give me a chance.

ETA I just checked my available serial numbers from the store, turns out I must have downloaded Bryce 7 Pro at some point and just never installed it.

Post edited by blue_chameleon2002_d161d19223 on
    edited December 1969

See? You're halfway there! I used to plop my 2 year old in a playpen in the studio to get work done. Now I plop her in front of a computer. She's 21, by the way, and it still works...

edited December 1969

Wancow I hate to say this, but I think your sarong hates me. With a passion.

When I get back to town, I'll try exporting it to Cr2 and see if that'll work for you. Maybe someone else can beat me to it. This wan't much of anything, I consider it public domain, so if anyone wants to adapt it for DS4.0 users, feel free.
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    first try at Texture for Sarong
    That is suweeet!
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

LOL! I LUV U MAAAN! Lovely girl! She makes the thing look good just by wearing it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795
    edited December 1969

hrrrmph

sarong.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
  • edited December 1969

See? You're halfway there! I used to plop my 2 year old in a playpen in the studio to get work done. Now I plop her in front of a computer. She's 21, by the way, and it still works...

I gave up on the playpen by the time mine was 16 months. Little monkey figured out how to climb out. Now at 29 months, she carries her little plastic chair everywhere to get up where she isn't supposed to be, like on Mimi's piano, the kitchen counter, the computer desk...or my personal favorite, I was sitting in the recliner the other night and almost got knocked out of it when a little head made of concrete connected with my back as she came over the back of the chair.

My mother wished one as bad as me on me...we got one 10 times worse.

edited December 1969

hrrrmph

THAT IS PRECIOUS!!! Going in my permanent collection!