Daz studio bone rigging

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

How to fix this problem. I dont know how to rotate bones.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,862
    edited December 1969

How did you create the skeleton? Is the OBJ grouped? Any way, use the Joint Editor tool to move the centre and endpoint, then right-click and align the bones to snap them into place. The right-click menu also has an option to snap the origin of the bone to the end point of its parent, which can simplify matters.

• edited January 2013

I used transfer utility. I dont know what OBJ grouped is. Snap utility always transfer the one which i dont wana move

Post edited by witcherask_a3dd58a1c6 on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

A grouped OBJ is exactly as it sounds, a Wavefront OBJ imported model which is separated into individual pieces grouped together to make a whole. Adding a skeleton to a single unified mesh tends to be a bit easier.

• edited December 1969

Yes its grouped. Is there any easier way to align bones. Currently when i align one other gets messedup and so on.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

Time to go read up on how to rig a custom figure, as borrowing the rig from another figure wont help you any, especially when they have such different default "T" poses.

• edited December 1969

Any link to tutorials might help

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is this link to a store item, and it is excellent for what you want.

http://www.daz3d.com/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro

• edited December 1969

No paid tutorials

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Goto Tools: Joint Editor. Right click under one of the tabs and add your tool settings. Select a bone and you will see the numerical values for the center and end points, and the offset value.

If you select a bone, you can also use the arrows to move the center and end point manually.

• edited December 1969

Thx for that information. When i move a bone there seems to be two bones one with red and one with grey which gets confusing . Anyway to get rid of grey bec i cant seem to select it and dont know what purpose it is for

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

use the Scene tab to select bones if it gets confusing or difficult to select bones.