Can we embedd toon colour in Genesis while exporting in FBX format ?

digitalcraftdigitalcraft Posts: 57
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi,

I tried importing Genesis to Iclone through 3DExchange and got the skin tone in Iclone.

However, when I apply TOON Shade in DAZ and export in FBX format, I do not get the Toon Shading.

Has anybody tried this and familiar with the issue?

Regards

Prabhat

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Shaders are calculated by the render engine, in the case of DAZ Studio, 3Delight. They do not appear correctly in the viewport as it uses OpenGL, it is only at render time that they will appear correctly. If you are using a renderman compliant render engine, then they may well work, but I doubt if the FBX exporter can do anything with them. Shaders are specific to the render engine I'm afraid.

• digitalcraftdigitalcraft Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Shaders are calculated by the render engine, in the case of DAZ Studio, 3Delight. They do not appear correctly in the viewport as it uses OpenGL, it is only at render time that they will appear correctly. If you are using a renderman compliant render engine, then they may well work, but I doubt if the FBX exporter can do anything with them. Shaders are specific to the render engine I'm afraid.

Thanks.

Can the Shader Baker work in FBX export ?

Prabhat

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry, I don't use either, so I will leave it to someone else to answer.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Shader Baker will generate new textures, so all you have to do is change the path in the (ascii) FBX to your baked textures, or for binary FBX copy the baked textures in place of the non-baked textures (make a back-up of the original textures if you're replacing them in their original folder). Note that Shader Baker is currently buggy and that you need to select AutoApply to surface for it to work.