Tweens for the Young Teens 5 [Commercial]

Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
edited January 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

It's live! http://www.daz3d.com/tweens-for-justin-and-julie

Need a little variety with Justin and Julie? Tweens for Justin and Julie includes custom head and body morphs that can mixed and matched. There are custom 10 head morphs for Justin and seven head morphs for Julie. This product also includes 4 body morphs for both Justin and Julie in various shapes and sizes. There are also scaled versions of the morphs that are more in proportion with other DAZ characters such as V5 and M5.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Looks good

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

This has my attention. :)

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Much needed. Thank you.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

a few more...

(also make sure you update your young teens to the new version as these are built against the new version).

Promo_11.jpg
    650 x 845 - 181K
    popup_10.jpg
    650 x 845 - 185K
    popup_09.jpg
    650 x 845 - 188K
    popup_08.jpg
    650 x 845 - 175K
    popup_07.jpg
    650 x 845 - 151K
  • CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

These look good - didn't know the new version was out! Just need to reset the downloads, as usual?

edited December 1969

Cymbidium said:
    These look good - didn't know the new version was out! Just need to reset the downloads, as usual?

Yes, just reset your downloads.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2013

Looks fantastic man! Cant wait for it :) - I'll be upgrading the teens5 as soon as the EULA on daz site lets me access my account :-S

Does this one come with the texture sets, just out of curiosity :) ?

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Cymbidium said:

Yes, just reset your downloads.

Thanks - off to do that right now! :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Does this one come with the texture sets, just out of curiosity :) ?

No, it's just the morphs. But the promos use textures from my store: Ashley M5, Abigail for Genesis, Santo M5, Eri for V5, Anya V5 for example.

edited December 1969

Well they work really well on them :) I guess their different shapes confused me as to which texture they use lol. The promo comparison with Justin and M5 I assume is AshleyM5 texture?

edited December 1969

Yes that's what I use mostly in the promos, Ashley M5 works really well for a young adult/teen skin. It also has the emo options if you want to use that as well. BTW, I'm almost done with the DSON changes with that so ashley's shapes will work in Poser as well.... and the two bonus head morphs.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

At the risk of looking stupid, I'm going to ask anyway - is this out yet? I did a search but didn't see it.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

At the risk of looking stupid, I'm going to ask anyway - is this out yet? I did a search but didn't see it.

Thanks.

Not yet, but I suspect within the next few days.

edited December 1969

cool I'm making tons of characters all ages so this well help.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Well now, it looks like Little Vickey & Mike have come back home! :)

(If you remember those two, you truly are a DAZ Veteran!)

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

Your morphs really help the teens blend in a bit better with the rest of the 5th gen family.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...up until now I have been adding a bit of Sadie and/or Mavka along with Satsuki and Princess to get a younger physique. Faces are still tricky as the Genesis "young" facial morph really doesn't work well with the Teen5 face.

Compared to Genesis, I actually feel got better results creating an 11 - 12 year old with Gen4 using a mix of Thorne's Tommi and Jamminwolf's Tindra as well as the V4++ "young" facial morph.

This will definitely fill a big need not addressed since the old pre teen girl/boy.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...up until now I have been adding a bit of Sadie and/or Mavka along with Satsuki and Princess to get a younger physique. Faces are still tricky as the Genesis "young" facial morph really doesn't work well with the Teen5 face.

Compared to Genesis, I actually feel got better results creating an 11 - 12 year old with Gen4 using a mix of Thorne's Tommi and Jamminwolf's Tindra as well as the V4++ "young" facial morph.

This will definitely fill a big need not addressed since the old pre teen girl/boy.

I find the 'basic child' morph manages to fill a lot of the holes with younger generations, but being gender neutral. it does tend to make characters a bit too similar. Having these morphs will be a massive boost to the Young Teens, but I'm very much interested to see what happens when I start combining them. This is why I love new Genesis sliders. Which brings me to...

Are the Tweens going to be added as sliders or as apply-only morphs? With Genesis, things become a hundred times better with sliders, but from experience I know that not every new morph pack uses that method. Either way I'll be watching this with great interest.

edited January 2013

I hate those "apply only", often it's a downfall for expression packs. Sliders are there for a very good reason, I rarely if ever use 100% of anything (If its a morph or expression it should be a slider, gives us full control over it and the ability to efficiently customize). But Since it's MaleM3dia, he uses sliders, at least with every M5 product I've bought from him.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited January 2013

Joequick said:
    Your morphs really help the teens blend in a bit better with the rest of the 5th gen family.

Thanks. :) The facial and scaled body morphs were not only to blend in with the other Gen5 characters, but my line of characters as well. Our M5 reimagining of Santo (which should be hitting the store within the next few days) was thrown off by the size of the teens, so I scaled them down to properly fit as a younger teen; then Santo can be the young adult/ older teen character. Also the DSON update of Ashley is winding through QA again and that included 2 teen characters as well, so the "Tweens" are in line with those figures as well. But with this pack you can put the YT5 in with other characters in a scene and it not look off scale-wise.

I hate those "apply only", often it's a downfall for expression packs. Sliders are there for a very good reason, I rarely if ever use 100% of anything (If its a morph or expression it should be a slider, gives us full control over it and the ability to efficiently customize). But Since it's MaleM3dia, he uses sliders, at least with every M5 product I've bought from him.

The morphs are single sliders since all of them are custom heads bodies, and you can mix percentages of each in addition to the presets that are provided.

Here's an early example of how an un-Tweened Justin (center) fits in with (from left to right) M5, Santo M5, Stephanie 5 and Ashley M5.... then a early render of one of the tweens.

YoungTeen02.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 438K
    figurescales.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 403K
    edited December 1969
  • ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427
    edited December 1969

I did some additional promos for this set to showcase some of the face shapes......

Very great morphs and very versatile.

Promos06.jpg
    700 x 910 - 395K
    Promos03.jpg
    700 x 910 - 719K
    Promos02.jpg
    700 x 910 - 437K
    Promos01.jpg
    700 x 910 - 497K
    PromosMain.jpg
    700 x 910 - 427K
    edited December 1969

What do you use for skin textures? All I have is Justin and Julie.

edited January 2013

The textures are from our store:

Abigail for V4/Genesis: http://www.daz3d.com/abigail-for-v4-and-genesis
    Eri International: http://www.daz3d.com/eri-international-for-v5
    Ashley for M5: http://www.daz3d.com/ashley-for-m5
    Anya for V5: http://www.daz3d.com/anya-for-v5

And Also Santo M5: (Waiting for it to come up in the store ;) )

edited December 1969

The textures are from our store:

Abigail for V4/Genesis: http://www.daz3d.com/abigail-for-v4-and-genesis
    Eri International: http://www.daz3d.com/eri-international-for-v5
    Ashley for M5: http://www.daz3d.com/ashley-for-m5
    Anya for V5: http://www.daz3d.com/anya-for-v5

Thank you for the response! I'll check them out!

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

It's up.
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Very nice job, much better than the elf's look before..

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Very nice job, much better than the elf's look before..

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,328
    edited December 1969

a few more...

(also make sure you update your young teens to the new version as these are built against the new version).

I guess I will have to reset my downloads. It seems they are at version 1.1 now.

Does anyone know what exactly has been updated?

Have there been major changes to the shape so one would notice a difference between dialed in updated and non updated versions?

In any way thank you a lot for this add on!

edited December 1969

a few more...

I guess I will have to reset my downloads. It seems they are at version 1.1 now.

Does anyone know what exactly has been updated?

Have there been major changes to the shape so one would notice a difference between dialed in updated and non updated versions?

In any way thank you a lot for this add on!

The teeth have been updated. If you don't update to the latest version the teeth will overlap when you activate these morphs. Also there were some issues that were sorted, in how the morphs were loaded as well.