Carrara Pro 8.5 can now be purchased for $45.50

Hi to All,I can't believe the price someone can pick-up this software for now... yes, $45.50.  I don't know if this is a good sign or .... other. The standard version retails for just over $104, and the Carrara 8.5 Pro Beta (Public Build) for $199.50. I am puzzel as to what is the strategy by DAZ on this product. Can enyone out there help me wiyh this question? 

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

I have a feeling that, when they put Carrara on sale, they just put the Pro version cheap enough to not even bother lowering the others. 

Yeah... makes me want to grab a second copy, just for thrills! LOL   

I paid four times that, I think, and am very happy with my purchase! ;)

• pmart868pmart868 Posts: 37

I have a feeling that, when they put Carrara on sale, they just put the Pro version cheap enough to not even bother lowering the others. 

Yeah... makes me want to grab a second copy, just for thrills! LOL   

I paid four times that, I think, and am very happy with my purchase! ;)

Hi Dartanbeck, I use Carrara ask my go to software for modeling and animation.  I just love it! I too paid a lot more for the software and hope at this price, others who don't own it will take the plung and make the purchase.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

Right! The more the merrier! Rock On!!! yes

• Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 319

This is great. I think DAZ needs to bring Carrara on the front page like the good old days; currently only DAZ studio is showing up on the technology page. Also they need to add Carrara into their marketing banner. May be they can also offer attractions like first 20 licenses free.

​Also if they want to get some funding for Carrara, Bryce and Hexagon then they need to throw some updates to attract existing users to buy upgrades or latest version. I have seen that many companies are going that route by offering new versions within 1-2 years time period.