Plugins Failed To Load

8ok44lemmein28ok44lemmein2 Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,

I bought the Figure Setup Tools Bundle awhile back and I recently bought DAZ Studio Pro v4.0.3.47.

I am missing the Polygon Group Editor and other tools. They are not in my interface.

I installed the Content Creator Toolkit.

I also downloaded the Content Creator Toolkit installation PDFs. They did not have info for solving my issue.

When I go to Help > Plugins... I find all these red marked plugins and messages saying they were not installed or are outdated.

Screenshot attached.

How do I get the Polygon Group Editor and other tools to install correctly?

Post edited by 8ok44lemmein2 on

Comments

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited June 2012

The Figure Setup Tools are for DAZ Studio 2 & 3 Only

The Content Creation tools comes with DAZ Studio 4 Pro

Have you added the Pro serial number to Daz studio as that should initialise those plugins ( you may need to restart Daz studio after adding the new SN)

Post edited by NeilV_1 on
  • ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

DS 4 Pro includes the CCT so you only need to insert your Pro serial in Help->About DAZ Studio and restart DS. The CCT tools you installed separately are for a different version than the DS version you have. The only plug-ins that are bundled with DS that need a separate serial now are Decimator and AniMate 2.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

You need to reinstall DS4 to overwrite the incorrect versions of the plugins with the correct ones.

• 8ok44lemmein28ok44lemmein2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    The Figure Setup Tools are for DAZ Studio 2 & 3 Only

The Content Creation tools comes with DAZ Studio 4 Pro

Have you added the Pro serial number to Daz studio as that should initialise those plugins ( you may need to restart Daz studio after adding the new SN)

Hi NeilV 1,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did go into the Help menu and enter my DAZ Studio Pro serial number. It did not work.

edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    DS 4 Pro includes the CCT so you only need to insert your Pro serial in Help->About DAZ Studio and restart DS. The CCT tools you installed separately are for a different version than the DS version you have. The only plug-ins that are bundled with DS that need a separate serial now are Decimator and AniMate 2.

Thanks ReDave,

Yes, I tried entering my Pro serial in Help > About DAZ Studio and restart DS.

It did not work.

8ok44lemmein2

edited December 1969

You need to reinstall DS4 to overwrite the incorrect versions of the plugins with the correct ones.

Thanks Richard,

Okay, I'll try reinstalling DAZ Studio again.

8ok44lemmein2

edited December 1969

Hello,

I uninstalled DAZ Studio Pro 4 and reinstalled it and the Polygon Group Editor and other tools still do not show up.

I also re-registered it via the Help section and restarted DS4 Pro; no change.

Here is everything I reinstalled after uninstalling DS4 Pro:

DAZ Studio Pro v4.0.3.47 (64 bit)

* DS4 Content Creator Toolkit 4 (64 bit)

* DS4 FBX Exporter 2 (64 bit)

* DS4 Layered Image Editor (64 bit)

* DS4 Morph Loader 2.0 (64 bit)

* DS4 Texture Atlas 1.0 (64 bit)

* DS4 3D Bridge 1.0.11.47 (64 bit)

* DS4 GoZ 1.0.3.47 (64 bit)

* Darkside 1.2

The installation said it was successful after I installed the DS4 Content Creator Toolkit 4, and I watched it install all the plugins I am trying to have show up, but they do not show up in the interface.

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit, new computer with all the latest of everything and terabytes of free hard drive space.

One of the attached screenshots shows that the "DS Pro Plugin Bundle" plugins seem to be the ones that failed.

Please advise,

Installed-Plugins-02.png
    558 x 767 - 63K
    Installed-Plugins-01.png
    341 x 297 - 24K
    edited December 1969

Here is a screenshot of all the plugins that it says failed to install:

Installed-Plugins-03.png
    545 x 314 - 26K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

All of the plugins that you 're-installed' were already installed along with DS4 Pro, they are part of the main installer, and you have overwritten them again, so they wont work.

You will need to re-install DS4P again, but this time, DO NOT install CCT, FBX Exporter, LIE etc etc, as they are all included in the mian installation file for DS4P. After the installation of the main DS4P file is complete, run DS4P and see what the plugins page says.

The only plugins that you need to re-install after the main installation of DS4P are the 3D Bridge for Photoshop and the GoZ Plugins. These are not included in the main installer as not everyone has ZBrush or Photoshop, or needs the plugins.

edited December 1969

Hi JimmyC_2009,

Thanks so much for taking your time to give me the fix.

It worked! I can now access all the tools.

My mistake was I burned a CD with DS4 Pro and all the DAZ Studio plugins and named it "DAZ Studio 4 Pro".

So whenever I reinstalled it I thought I had to reinstall all the plugins.

Thanks so much again,

• edited January 2013

What is Darkside_1.2_ds? I just heard of this but no idea what it is.
    Thanks

Post edited by celticknight01_168f40a953 on
  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

What is Darkside_1.2_ds? I just heard of this but no idea what it is.
    Thanks

It was a colour scheme/layout style released after the initial launch of Studio 4 due to popular demand, and was subsequently incorporated into the main installer, so no longer needs to exist as an add-on. It's the best layout IMHO :)