Makin' Money with Mekanix

OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
edited May 2012 in Bryce Discussion

This isn't for everyone, but I've started a thread on the Bryce5 site about how I'm jacking up a business using Bryce animation.

Makin' Money with Mekanix - http://www.bryce5.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1627

If you're experienced, you might want to check in and see if there's anything of value you can use, or perhaps you can pass on some tips.

-Oro

Post edited by Oroboros on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,108
    edited December 1969

I checked on this. Great idea, no kidding. This should be worth a try for modellers and animators.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

For some unknown reason, I can't get the Demos link to open...weird.

Jay

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

That IS odd.

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLADA69138F3DFE7E5&feature=view_all

Hope you can get an account at Bryce 5, JH. DEM manipulation may be a service you can offer to geologically-oriented corporates.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Oro

Just did a quick check on the 'tiny' links again...still not working...however, the YouTube's worked fine.

Very nice demos...as always...and can see where companies might want a quick, handy ani., related to their individual products etc.

I've never gone into the 'model' route of things in using such objects in Bryce, but the animation side of things isn't a problem. Like you, too, I've tried B7 for ani's.,, but had problems, so, went back to using B6.3. That's not to say, this latter version isn't bug-free either, but 9/10 times it works okay for my needs.

Keep me in the loop, however, if down-the-line someone out there wants a 'real' DEM/Planet ani., and we'll take it from there. Ooooh...I can smell the dollars (sorry, Euro) already :)

Cheers

edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    I can smell the dollars (sorry, Euro) already :)

Cheers

Yes, Euros started to smell a bit as of late. :-)

• NeilrNeilr Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

NIce I have done a few of this type of animation when I first started. I use Simlab animator, I am still very new to DS so I haven't done any animation on it yet.

Here is a boat deck vent I did about a year ago, it was one of my first animations. I used simlab because it would let me import stp and pdf format.
    short link:
    http://youtu.be/z8_Ar2B1PAE

Long link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8_Ar2B1PAE

edited May 2012

Horo said:
    Yes, Euros started to smell a bit as of late. :-)

Peeeeeuuuuuwwww...as in 'what a pong' - ah well, there goes the neighbourhood (em...I mean Eurozone) ;)

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Looks very promising!

edited December 1969

I seem to be having trouble editing posts on the Bryce 5 site. If I'm not able to do that I'll consider re-locating my blah to somewhere friendlier.

edited December 1969

Oroboros said:
    I seem to be having trouble editing posts on the Bryce 5 site. If I'm not able to do that I'll consider re-locating my blah to somewhere friendlier.

This is strange. I've just checked the settings and they are still at 2 hours. Also, the owner agreed to leave it that way.
    edited May 2012

(sigh) Welp, the 'Edit' button is no longer there. Left a couple of posts as tests, but I could neither edit nor delete them.

EDIT: Problem found. Problem relayed to forum admins. Should be an easy fix.

Post edited by Oroboros on
    edited December 1969

Had a break, but I updated the journal.

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Oroboros said:
    This isn't for everyone, but I've started a thread on the Bryce5 site about how I'm jacking up a business using Bryce animation.

Makin' Money with Mekanix - http://www.bryce5.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1627

If you're experienced, you might want to check in and see if there's anything of value you can use, or perhaps you can pass on some tips.

-Oro

Nice work. Add Poser or Daz and Premiere, A good modeler and Grasp/GlPro to the mix and it's pretty much how I made my living from 1089 - 2004. I'd learn touch screen/panel setup and befriend someone who builds high-end trade-show kiosks as well.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

Oroboros said:

-Oro

Nice work. Add Poser or Daz and Premiere, A good modeler and Grasp/GlPro to the mix and it's pretty much how I made my living from 1089 - 2004. I'd learn touch screen/panel setup and befriend someone who builds high-end trade-show kiosks as well.
    1089???? I did not know there were computers back then.

edited December 1969

1089???? I did not know there were computers back then.

There weren't, but good modellers that could work with real stuff. ;-)

edited December 1969

Dark, if you've got any stories about your experiences, love it if you could contribute on the Bryce 5 site thread. This site's still kinda half-arsed.