edited January 2013

rock out

Render_4_(11).jpg
    725 x 495 - 33K
    Post edited by bluto on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

:-)

Okay. Got an .obj from Sketchup Pro [8 hour free trial, as in 8 hours real time so turn it off when not using it] of the Bridge!
    Imported it into Hexagon and it's HUGE ... some extra bits and pieces too :-)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Enterprise Reimagined
    Now available at DeviantART - http://mattymanx.deviantart.com/art/Enterprise-Reimagined-348604043

Enterprise-Reimagined-01a.jpg
    900 x 900 - 360K
  • edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Enterprise Reimagined
    Now available at DeviantART - http://mattymanx.deviantart.com/art/Enterprise-Reimagined-348604043

AMAZING!! I am in awe, my good man. Superb conversion, Matty. :D

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Awesome, thanks mattymanx

enterprise-reimagined-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 139K
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the information and advice for gloves, guys. (Damned robot didn't tell me the page had moved on days ago . . .)

I've already got the boots and jumpsuit roughed out. I may take them into Hexagon for further modification because I'm having some kind of weird problem with the Scissors plug-in. Phil is already looking into it, trying to figure out how I broke a perfectly wonderful tool like that. So, I think I'll start trying to do the gloves next.

Nope, I'm not going to tell you what I'm doing. Or when I expect to finish it. That way, if I never finish it, the only one who will be disappointed will be me. And if I do finish it, well, it's a helluva undertaking for a newbie. I expect to learn a lot about modeling (and a lot about how NOT to model) by breaking this down into a lot of little projects. And I suspect that just like making leather gloves, it will be something I will never, ever want to do again. [grin]

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Starwulf said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jaguarry3 said:
    mdbruffy said:

I have no problem accepting that the NX-01 existed- in fact, in my series, it came before the Daedalus class, then Starfleet took it's saucer and the Daedalus' lower hull, refined them and came up with the Consititution class. But, I have problems accepting some of the things they presented.

I thought they represented humanity as we truly are quite convincing...

I agree with you and that is why I think Enterprise was the best show, The original series was a product of the sixties which was a time when we all thought we could change the world and somehow we would be different from our parents. Noble sentiments and aspirations do not unfortunately change human nature or undo thousands of years of evolution. Enterprise was a product of its time following on from the eighties and nineties when we again saw how human greed and vanity triumphed over common sense . Enterprise incorporated these themes while still showing our desire to build a better world. We all want a better world but we also want someone else to do all the hard work and build it . I loved TOS but it is oh so goody two shoes and I find Enterprise to be more realistic in its portrait of Humanity . Hopefully one day mankind will become a better species as per TOS and TNG but as a cynic I very much doubt it

I agree with you about how the crew and Humanity itself was presented- Archer being slightly biased against the Vulcans because of his father was an intresting touch. I'm talking about the 'Trek elements like technology, like Ferengi showing up centuries too early, the explaination for the movie style Klingons (I never understood why there couldn't simply be two different races- there are several different races of Humans. Why didn't Kirk ever encounter the movie verison before the movies? It's a big quadrant- The two were never in the same place at the same time.)

I like Trek in all of it's iterations, but TOS holds particular appeal for me exactly because it was so goody two shoes. For me it spoke to the hope and potential for mankind's destiny. I enjoyed the technology, but Trek is not about that. Trek is about the human condition. I also prefer any story where good triumphs over evil. Call me corny but I have always been that way, it's the same reason I like superheroes in the comics. I enjoyed ST: Enterprise, and was glad when Archer started to learn how too trust Vulcans, just as Kirk had to learn to trust Klingons after the death of his son, but I preferred the earlier Enterprise episodes. The later episodes where Archer arguably did what he needed to do, even when it was morally questionable, were not as "Trekky" to me.

Word.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    rock out

Bluto, those look great. Please tell me you're going to share?

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

just playin around

Andorian-FX-001.jpg
    1533 x 838 - 128K
  • Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 619
    edited December 1969

Starwulf said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jaguarry3 said:
    mdbruffy said:

I have no problem accepting that the NX-01 existed- in fact, in my series, it came before the Daedalus class, then Starfleet took it's saucer and the Daedalus' lower hull, refined them and came up with the Consititution class. But, I have problems accepting some of the things they presented.

I thought they represented humanity as we truly are quite convincing...

I agree with you and that is why I think Enterprise was the best show, The original series was a product of the sixties which was a time when we all thought we could change the world and somehow we would be different from our parents. Noble sentiments and aspirations do not unfortunately change human nature or undo thousands of years of evolution. Enterprise was a product of its time following on from the eighties and nineties when we again saw how human greed and vanity triumphed over common sense . Enterprise incorporated these themes while still showing our desire to build a better world. We all want a better world but we also want someone else to do all the hard work and build it . I loved TOS but it is oh so goody two shoes and I find Enterprise to be more realistic in its portrait of Humanity . Hopefully one day mankind will become a better species as per TOS and TNG but as a cynic I very much doubt it

I agree with you about how the crew and Humanity itself was presented- Archer being slightly biased against the Vulcans because of his father was an intresting touch. I'm talking about the 'Trek elements like technology, like Ferengi showing up centuries too early, the explaination for the movie style Klingons (I never understood why there couldn't simply be two different races- there are several different races of Humans. Why didn't Kirk ever encounter the movie verison before the movies? It's a big quadrant- The two were never in the same place at the same time.)

I like Trek in all of it's iterations, but TOS holds particular appeal for me exactly because it was so goody two shoes. For me it spoke to the hope and potential for mankind's destiny. I enjoyed the technology, but Trek is not about that. Trek is about the human condition. I also prefer any story where good triumphs over evil. Call me corny but I have always been that way, it's the same reason I like superheroes in the comics. I enjoyed ST: Enterprise, and was glad when Archer started to learn how too trust Vulcans, just as Kirk had to learn to trust Klingons after the death of his son, but I preferred the earlier Enterprise episodes. The later episodes where Archer arguably did what he needed to do, even when it was morally questionable, were not as "Trekky" to me.

Word.I'm with Starwulf about that.

As for the Federation forgetting what Klingons originally looked like, 3 factors we have to remember....

1) DS9 did the "Troubles and Tribbulations" episode before Enterprise got into production. The change was made canon by Worf's comment acknowleging they looked different.

2) Kirk forgot about checking up on Khan less than 15yrs after stranding the Eugenics group, so why not couldn't #1 above?.

3) Most fans of the shows forget #1 & #2 above.

It seems most humans have a tendency to forget things....:cheese:

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Once again Matty, many thanks for another awesome conversion for the Poser and DS crowd! You do so much to convert these for our use, is there anything that we as a group can do for you?

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    ok kids , steampunk riker , troi and a further refined data

I like that version of Data.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

I agree the this Data version looks far more thought out and refined. Truly an outstanding execution on a great idea.

• blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    bluto said:
    rock out

madd,
    the tholians are celtic archies , but i can share the tholian bridge with you if you like . i built that in hexagon

edited December 1969

bluto said:
    mdbruffy said:
    bluto said:
    rock out

madd,
    the tholians are celtic archies , but i can share the tholian bridge with you if you like . i built that in hexagon

I've got a story coming where I'm going to need both. Think he'd be willing to share?

edited December 1969

Once again Matty, many thanks for another awesome conversion for the Poser and DS crowd! You do so much to convert these for our use, is there anything that we as a group can do for you?

Its ok. No one owes me anything. I enjoy doing these knowing that the rest of you enjoy using them.

Thank you though! :)

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    bluto said:
    mdbruffy said:
    bluto said:
    rock out

madd,

I've got a story coming where I'm going to need both. Think he'd be willing to share?

i dont know why he wouldnt . i think i got the tholian model off of the freebies list .
    let me dig around in my files to get the tholian opps ready for you

edited December 1969

bluto said:
    mdbruffy said:
    bluto said:
    mdbruffy said:
    bluto said:
    rock out

madd,

i dont know why he wouldnt . i think i got the tholian model off of the freebies list .
    let me dig around in my files to get the tholian opps ready for you

okay.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Its ok. No one owes me anything. I enjoy doing these knowing that the rest of you enjoy using them.

Thank you though! :)

Fantastic - two models I’ve been wanting for ages, on top of all your previous wonderful conversions! Thank you so much! :)

edited December 1969

STEAM BORG

steamborg.jpg
    823 x 506 - 103K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Shouldn't steam-Borg come with a forge and welding equipment for assimilating? Nano-tech isn't steampunkish.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I dunno, Richard... you don't think the Borg could generate a NanoSteamLocomotive?

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Shouldn't steam-Borg come with a forge and welding equipment for assimilating? Nano-tech isn't steampunkish.

Hypno-wheel?

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx,

Your new freebies have been added to the list. Thank you very much for the conversions and postings!

-Paul

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Mattymanx,

Your new freebies have been added to the list. Thank you very much for the conversions and postings!

-Paul

You're Welcome! :)

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

The Borg lands a ship on a new planet and find out that resistance is, indeed, futile......for them.

Futile.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 673K
    edited December 1969

The Borg lands a ship on a new planet and find out that resistance is, indeed, futile......for them.

Spot gets her revenge on behalf of the Enterprise crew.

edited January 2013

madd, now that i think about it archie sent me a file that had the tholian model in it . at the time he told me if i change or improve it in any way i could share the results if credit for the base model were given to him as is his due

tholians.jpg
    823 x 506 - 23K
    Post edited by bluto on
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    madd, now that i think about it archie sent me a file that had the tholian model in it . at the time he told me if i change or improve it in any way i could share the results if credit for the base model were given to him as is his due

That works for me. You know I have no problem giving credit where it's due. I'd gladly give you both credit.

Can you send a zip my way?

This discussion has been closed.