Knight Gear Accessories - In Store Now! Plus a Bonus! [Commercial]

FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
edited January 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hey All!

****UPDATE*****
Knight Gear Accessories is now in the store and for a limited time you can also buy Long Sword Poses for Michael 5 for $10! Both items must be in the cart at the time of checkout for the discount to work.

I thought I'd let you know about a new product for Genesis I have wending its way through QA and should be in the store shortly. It's called Knight Gear Accessories and it comes with a whole mess of options. There are six conforming figures - consisting of a sword baldric, a knife belt, two swords in scabbards based on Oakeshott's typography sword styles XVa and XVIIIc, and two matching daggers in sheaths. There are six smart props - consisting of right and left hand versions of each dagger and right hand versions of each sword. There are four static props - one for each of the weapons. And because I love making poses, there are a whole slew of poses included in the set to show off many of the product's features.

Post edited by FeralFey on

Comments

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited January 2013

Knight Gear Accessories was designed to fit over many of Genesis' shapes.

I have included support for the base model, basic male, basic female, basic child, Creature Creator, Genesis Evolution, V3, V4, V5, V5 Supermodel, S3, S4, S5, S5 Curvy, S5 Model, Reby Sky, A3, A4, Hitomi, M3, M4, M5, M5 Smooth, M5 Superhero, D3, F3, F4, Abominable, H3, H4, H5, Julie, Justin, Starman, Troll, Anubis, The Girl 4, the Gorilla, and a few others.

In fair warning, I did not do full support of the Muscularity shapes, but there are a few hidden in the mix. Please use caution when using them, particularly the full body muscles slider. Many of the individual muscles adjustments, though, were included for this set.

Popup_2.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 721K
    edited January 2013

Another great feature of Knight Gear Accessories is it's ability to fit over a wide variety of outfits. It was designed to be useful to fit the needs of your scenes and can be used across a broad swath of genres. The possibilities are endless.

I'm including here some examples of outfits that Knight Gear Accessories will fit over, using the included Supersuit Fantasy Outfit Fits. But rest assured, you do NOT need the Supersuit to use Knight Gear. Combinations of one or more of these adjustment sliders will give your the flexibility you need to fit over your outfits in a simple fashion.

Popup_6.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1015K
    Popup_5.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1014K
    edited January 2013

I mentioned poses in my OP. I have included a folder of the standard "return to default" poses for both Genesis and the weaponry. "What?" you say. Yes, this is correct. I have rigged the different weapons to do a variety of things. The smart propped daggers for both the right and left hand can be posed to accommodate the traditional forward and rear grips used in standard knife fighting. The XVa and the XVIIIc Swords and Daggers are rigged so that you can move them, pivot them, rotate them, and adjust them to your heart's content so that they will match whatever pose you throw at them. In addition, the swords in scabbards and the knives in sheath come with a variety of posing morph options so that you can go from "threat of steel" to "draw to parry" without having to manually align and adjust the weapon to capture those "just before the action" scenes. (Meaning that the weapon will draw cleanly through the throat of its encasement. No arduous tweaking to make sure that the blade doesn't poke through the covering.)

I have included 11 poses for Genesis and accompanying poses for the weapons to get you started. From standing around to jumping into the fray. Plus, the weapons were designed to fit nicely with my Long Sword Poses for Michael 5 - Now with Deathblows. (Just a note - I have also updated LSPM5 - Deathblows, to the new duf format and DSON Poser Companion Files. It just needs to finish clearing QA.)

Popup_4.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Popup_1.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    edited January 2013

Now for textures. I have included two with the set, but you are not limited by those. The textures in the set are not shader driven as I wanted to keep it simple for use "right out of the box" but I have kept those of you who love to use shaders in mind and built in a LOT of material zones - so your imagination won't be hampered.

There are several displacement maps, and if you look very carefully in the texture folder, you may find a few extra goodies for you to play with for the clasps on the belt and the baldric. ;-)

I also forgot to mention! The jewels on the XVIIIc sword can be made invisible and you can either use the pommel as a ring pommel, or with a click of a preset, fill it in solid to match your texture.

Popup_9.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 530K
    Popup_8.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 598K
    Popup_7.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 671K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Holy crap FF. You really went to town on this set. I like that you made the "defy gravity" morph. Thats thinking ahead.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Holy crap FF. You really went to town on this set. I like that you made the "defy gravity" morph. Thats thinking ahead.
    I agree the thought put in to this set is outstanding...I hope some venders will take note. Well done.
    edited December 1969

Thanks Matty and Szark. Very kind of you to say. I'm glad you like what you see. I wanted to build a product that I would like to buy. Lol.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    I wanted to build a product that I would like to buy. Lol.
    Exactly the way I am thinking too
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,312
    edited December 1969

What a totally useful set. I love how it fits on the troll and over the various armours. Very versatile! and that V5 jumping down image with the defy gravity morph, love using dynamic action stuff like that, really comes in handy for posing action sequences. Looking forward to this.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to this - looks really impressive!

edited December 1969

Thanks, everyone! I hope to have it in the store shortly.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

This is the sort of thing I have wanted for ages, I hate the fact that alot of outfits come with a sword but no sheath or belt.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Is there any chance that this will also work with Gen 4 figures, as well as the Gen 4 shapes for Genesis ?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Is there any chance that this will also work with Gen 4 figures, as well as the Gen 4 shapes for Genesis ?

This version is Genesis only. I do have plans, however, to make a Gen 4 version, but it's not ready yet. (A bit of a hiccup in my workflow - meaning I'm better at triax rigging than I am at parametric rigging. But I am making progress. :) )

edited December 1969

This is the sort of thing I have wanted for ages, I hate the fact that alot of outfits come with a sword but no sheath or belt.

Me too! Which is why I made it. And I made it so that the sword and the dagger can slide in and out of their casings. (I don't think I have a good example render showing this feature, but you can kind of get a sense of it looking at all the promos I have posted.) It used to frustrate me to try and line up a sword with its scabbard, so that my character looked like he/she was drawing the blade. With this set, it's as easy as spinning a dial.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    chohole said:

This version is Genesis only. I do have plans, however, to make a Gen 4 version, but it's not ready yet. (A bit of a hiccup in my workflow - meaning I'm better at triax rigging than I am at parametric rigging. But I am making progress. :) )

OOH I can be patient, honest I can, but I really do have uses for some of these.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wonderful looking set and work, I will need this when I start my AD&D stuff again. Just what's needed to get some characters done and done well.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Wow! Love this set...

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

Very cool Feral :) Glad to see a set like this :)

• AsgardNorthAsgardNorth Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

FeralFey said:

Me too! Which is why I made it. And I made it so that the sword and the dagger can slide in and out of their casings. (I don't think I have a good example render showing this feature, but you can kind of get a sense of it looking at all the promos I have posted.) It used to frustrate me to try and line up a sword with its scabbard, so that my character looked like he/she was drawing the blade. With this set, it's as easy as spinning a dial.

Bolded area just sold me. This is a great set prior to that, but that feature alone is fantastic.

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Looking very cool!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

These look very good and useful. You've found an empty spot, there are more to fill in here for other periods of time as well.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    These look very good and useful. You've found an empty spot, there are more to fill in here for other periods of time as well.

Are you peeking at my build list? Lol.

In truth, I do have several other periods in the works. And depending on how well this set sells, I have an expansion pack (with more swords from Oakeshott's typography) that may see the light of day. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    Totte said:

Are you peeking at my build list? Lol.

If it was as easy as in Hollywood where someone just types
    hackFeralFey
    , it would probably be true ;-)

In truth, I do have several other periods in the works. And depending on how well this set sells, I have an expansion pack (with more swords from Oakeshott's typography) that may see the light of day. :coolsmile:

I though of the time period that I render mostly in, the roaring twenties and the dirty thirties, and not really thinking of gangers with violin cases, but more of common stuff for daredevils, adventurers and military people in the time between the wars. Sling of rope to carry over the shoulder, backpacks, tool belts and other stuff.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    I though of the time period that I render mostly in, the roaring twenties and the dirty thirties, and not really thinking of gangers with violin cases, but more of common stuff for daredevils, adventurers and military people in the time between the wars. Sling of rope to carry over the shoulder, backpacks, tool belts and other stuff.

Cool suggestions! *scribbles madly in her notebook of ideas*

edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    Totte said:

Cool suggestions! *scribbles madly in her notebook of ideas*

My main render interest is daredevil/adenture kind of persons, and normal people for that matter in that time frame. But I also do render "Firefly/Serenity" scenes, and for that and normal modern while I'm at it, why not ammo belts crossing chest "guerilla style", cables over shoulder, binoculars, arm or leg scabbards with knifes (with straps that can fit around a cloth without bending the knife)). Stiletto walking sticks are cool, umbrella guns too ;-)

Now you will have enough ideas to empty my wallet for a while (or as another PA said that I know, I like to help you keep your wallet thin ;-).

edited December 1969

I think the only figure having that is Defenders of D'Akair for D3

edited December 1969

Oh, I'm not opposed to building a back scabbard, by any means. Maybe when I get around to building my claymore sword set. ;-)

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

That would be sweet.