Lingerie tex for Genesis Bikini?

PtropePtrope Posts: 679
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was just wondering if anyone knows of such already available, or any possibly n the works? The modeling of the GenBikini really lends itself to use as underwear, and the Genesis lingerie offerings are still pretty sparse.

Just a thought ...

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you look on the Product Page under Resources, there is a downloadable file of the UV templates, and you can apply any texture you want. It can be done in Gimp (free) or Photoshop or PSP or similar too.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If you look on the Product Page under Resources, there is a downloadable file of the UV templates, and you can apply any texture you want. It can be done in Gimp (free) or Photoshop or PSP or similar too.

Easiest way...use Fabricator, Silkessence or Lacemaker on it...

http://www.daz3d.com/the-lacemaker
    http://www.daz3d.com/the-fabricator
    http://www.daz3d.com/silkessence

Or make your own tileable textures for on it.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Fuseling did this set for it with some underwear textures (including some cute leopard prints).

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up! Don't think I'll spend $90 to change the look, but I might try my hand at retexturing it. Heck, might even end up with something to sell ;).

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    Thanks for the heads up! Don't think I'll spend $90 to change the look, but I might try my hand at retexturing it. Heck, might even end up with something to sell ;).

Um.. do you mean $9?

edited January 2013

Nope - but I did overestimate slightly. The Silkessence, Fabricator and Lacemaker total up to nearly $80. The set at Rendo is nice if you want more swimwear, but I'm looking for something actually lingerie - the modeling of the bikini is more like lingerie that swimwear (no ties or frills or such, and no super-high thigh cuts). Looked at the templates, though - man, is there a lot of wasted white space that could've been used for detail without increasing the texture map size. Might have to remap them to be more efficient.

Post edited by Ptrope on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

If you really want Lingerie, try talking to Hongyu. He's been slowly making his V4 stuff work for Genesis, and the stuff he makes is pretty spectacular. The Hongyu Bikini and Shirt are prime examples.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to HongYu hitting the Genesis catwalk ;)

edited December 1969

I've found the easiest way to contact Hongyu is via R.com's sitemail. He's quite open to suggestions as to what to convert next.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Other than Hongyu's Bikini for Genesis, which is sold here at DAZ3D, what other products has Hongyu converted? I don't recall seeing any other Genesis stuff from Hongyu, even over at Rendo.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    If you really want Lingerie, try talking to Hongyu. He's been slowly making his V4 stuff work for Genesis, and the stuff he makes is pretty spectacular. The Hongyu Bikini and Shirt are prime examples.

Yeah, he is the main reason I ever ordered from Renderosity at all, I've not gotten much from there, and most of it has been Hongyu stuff. I actually bought two V4 products before I knew they were converted. I've re-bought one for Genesis and will do the other after I recover from the last 3 months of sales. And then I haven't bought Bikini 2 yet, waiting for it to be converted.

edited January 2013

He has not converted anything but those two items, so far as I am aware. However, I do know he's looking for suggestions as to what to convert next.

I did ask him to convert Bikini2

Post edited by wancow on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    edited December 1969

Can't imagine re-buying any of Hongyu's items since I am using most of them (I have 14) already on genesis with no problems

edited December 1969

If you made them work, fantastic... I'd rather not risk purchasing something that might not work. Though, I'm sure with Hongyu's stuff, that risk is quite a bit less than with other less experienced modellers. He's absolutely one of the best.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I've just uploaded some Free lacy underwear for Genesis if your interested.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/66881/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Lacy-Female-Underwear

edited December 1969

NEW TOY!!!! YEEEHAW!

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    I've just uploaded some Free lacy underwear for Genesis if your interested.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/66881/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Lacy-Female-Underwear

Those look great - thanks, wilmap! :coolhmm:

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much Wendy! :)

Love, Jeanne