DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.56 is now available!

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited May 2013 in Poser Discussion

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of DSON Importer for Poser, version 1.0.0.56!

What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?

The 1.0.0.56 version is a bugfix release. It resolves several issues with the loading and/or handling of DSON format content. All new downloads of the product will be of this version. A Change Log with additional information can be viewed on the Documentation Center.

Highlights are:

- Fixed crashed when a morph specifies an incorrect number of deltas
- Fixed support for geometry culling when a conforming figure does not graft
- Fixed support for Point At
- Fixed a crash when items are loaded from directories that are not mapped
- Fixed resolution of nodes where node name does not equal asset id
- Fixed read of rigidity rotation
- Fixed support for OSX 10.5

For more information on the previous release (1.0.0.27), see this thread.

Has the Genesis Starter Essentials content been updated too?

Yes, the Genesis Starter Essentials content that is provided with the product has been updated to version 1.11.

Highlights are:

- Fixed bone positions in the hand of the BasicChild morph
- Changed limits on Genesis hip translation properties to fix a bug with applying BVH files
- Changed min/max values on scale properties to 0.001/1000
- Merged metadata into one product
- Changed uberEnvironment Occlusion Samples Max Limit to 512
- Changed uberEnvironment Maximum Trace Distance default to 150
- Some files were moved from Genesis Starter Essentials to DAZ Studio

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously purchased DSON Importer for Poser, simply locate it within your Itemized Order History and then click the "Reset" link on its immediate right. This will cause new links for downloading the latest version to be added to your My Downloadable Products list.

If this is your first time downloading DSON Importer for Poser, simply follow this link, click the "add to cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

Is there any documentation?

Yes, documentation is located here. Within the User Guide section, you will find information relating to:

- Installation and Requirements
- Using the DSON Importer for Poser
- Converting Content for use with the DSON Importer for Poser

Post edited by DAZ_Brian on

Comments

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited January 2013

I could wish old content was being updated faster, however I did manage to get the supersuit and the boots saved DSON compatable and made the PCF for them.

This is done in Poser Pro 2012 64 bit, using materials I've purchased elsewhere, but I'm happy to say that the default suit works just like it does in DS, though finding all the various material zones to get things textured is something of a challenge. (Then again it is in DS too if you aren't using one of the presets.)

This was also done without the newer DSON Importer, which I shall go reset after posting this.

edit: Gotta add the picture.

supersuitposerm5sm.jpg
    503 x 652 - 73K
    Post edited by griffon_e3f1dc9370 on
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    I could wish old content was being updated faster, however I did manage to get the supersuit and the boots saved DSON compatable and made the PCF for them.

This is done in Poser Pro 2012 64 bit, using materials I've purchased elsewhere, but I'm happy to say that the default suit works just like it does in DS, though finding all the various material zones to get things textured is something of a challenge. (Then again it is in DS too if you aren't using one of the presets.)

This was also done without the newer DSON Importer, which I shall go reset after posting this.

edit: Gotta add the picture.

Apparently some of the older Genesis content cannot be easily be converted to DSON compatible format. Possible never will be. I feel your pain, some items not available in Poser format are the reason I got interested in Genesis to begin with. So I've taking to learning how to use Daz.

• JoePublicJoePublic Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Thanks, but:

1. Is the Poser single axis scaling now fixed ? (The blendzones)
    2. Is the internal scaling now fixed ? (The morphform dials)

• SarunaSaruna Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Hi,

today I have downloaded the new files and installed them.
    But now I can't load any Genesis figure in Poser 9 pose room.
    I get allway a little white window with this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "F:\! 3D\POSER\DSON-Genesis\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

DsonImporter is installed in Poser 9 Program folder, Essentials are installed in an external runtime I made for Dson Content.
    Before I have used the previous release (1.0.0.27) and was able to load figures and content.

Do you have any ideas?

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

You installed the new files in the exact same locations as the old ones?

edited December 1969

Yes
    This is my 3rd version of Dsonimporter I use.

edited December 1969

Do you know if the installer uninstalled the old files first?

edited January 2013

Thank you answer. Yes it did.
    I even have looked yesterday if Dsonimporter is in Addon folder - yes it is. Also the scripts are in there typical folder.

I'm stumped because I've done everything as usual, and it's not the first DSon version and Essentials, which I installed. Also, I can not confuse files because I had downloaded the 3 files needed for my system to a new folder down.

-----------------
    Edit:

I wanted to add the logfile but it is not allowed.

And her are the Dson files in my Poser 9 python folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\boost_python-vc100-mt-1_50.dll
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\DzDSONIO.dll
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\QtCore4.dll
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\__init__.pyc
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\__init__.py
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\dzdsonimporter.pyd

C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\DSON Support\Importer Preferences....py
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\DSON Support\Transfer Active Morphs.py

C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\DSON Support\SubDivision\Set SubDivision Level 0.py
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\DSON Support\SubDivision\Set SubDivision Level 1.py
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\DSON Support\SubDivision\Set SubDivision OFF.py

Post edited by Saruna on
    edited December 1969

For some reason, Poser can't find or can't see that directory.where dsondzdsoninporter is located. Make sure that it hasn't lost the DSON-Genesis library.

edited December 1969

Thank you for your ideas.

I remove my Dson-Runtime in Poser GUI at Library and readd it.
    But no results.

Than I have copied the Dsonimporter files from Python folder in my external runtime - the same failure message agai at try to load Genesis figure.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Is DAZ aware the Poser library is still locking up in Poser Pro 2012 after loading Genesis/Genesis content to a scene? It doesn't happen immediately, but invariably while working on a scene with Genesis, the library no longer responds.

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of DSON Importer for Poser, version 1.0.0.56!
    edited December 1969

Is DAZ aware the Poser library is still locking up in Poser Pro 2012 after loading Genesis/Genesis content to a scene? It doesn't happen immediately, but invariably while working on a scene with Genesis, the library no longer responds.

They probably aren't, because not everyone useing PP2012 is having that problem. I use PP2012 (64bit) and I didn't have the problem when working on that image I posted. I've never had that problem that I've noticed, actually.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

I've never had a problem either

edited December 1969

Many people did and reported it and DAZ confirmed it. There were two workarounds. One was to set the Library to External rather than embedded, the second was to use Shaderworks Library. Which is cool, and I use it when I want to do something the Poser library can't do. But, I don't like the External Library. And ... since Genesis is the only thing that causes the Library to freeze, I don't need the Library to be External when I'm using Poser content. But, changing the Library from Embedded to External or from External to Embedded requires a relaunch of Poser.

The second or third release supposedly fixed the Library freezing. I think the second introduced the freezing for some people who had not initially had that problem.

It IS improved, and I can work on a scene with Genesis in it for longer before the Library freezes, but eventually, it always does. It's another one of those little gotchas that affect some computers and don't affect others. Who knows. Now that my XPS warranty is expired, it's time to replace it. The new computer may be ... immune ... to the frozen Library.

Although ... something else could be broken instead ...

Computers. Gotta love them. They make our lives so much more interesting.

Frank0314 said:
    I've never had a problem either
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Another option is to go into the imprter's preferences (in the Scripts>DSON Importer menu) and turn off the Show progress option. You won't get a progress bar during import, but your library should remain unfrozen.

edited December 1969

Now that my XPS warranty is expired, it's time to replace it. The new computer may be ... immune ... to the frozen Library.

I just replaced my XPS 410 with XPS 8500. Can't wait to try rendering with the new PC.

edited December 1969

Did that when it was first suggested, but my Library still freezes.

Another option is to go into the imprter's preferences (in the Scripts>DSON Importer menu) and turn off the Show progress option. You won't get a progress bar during import, but your library should remain unfrozen.
    edited December 1969

I'm looking at the Dell Precisions. There are entirely TOO many choices though. Which is good, but it means it will probably be several months before I decide on the build.

Now that my XPS warranty is expired, it's time to replace it. The new computer may be ... immune ... to the frozen Library.

I just replaced my XPS 410 with XPS 8500. Can't wait to try rendering with the new PC.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Have you bug reported that? The devs need to know about it.

edited December 1969

Do I open a help request even though it's a bug and not a request for help?

Have you bug reported that? The devs need to know about it.

edited December 1969

Submit it to Bug Tracker

edited December 1969

Oops.

Where is Bug Tracker hidden?

Frank0314 said:
    Submit it to Bug Tracker
    edited December 1969

https://bugs.daz3d.com You will need to sign up for an account

edited December 1969

Yey, I would like to signup to tell about my problem but I have got no activation mail. :(
    Just the second time. I think my ISP don't like Daz mails. I even have problems to get all the newletters.
    Yes I did Daz to my adress book. But without a failure message I can't make anything.

Today I have deleted my external runtime with Dson Content and have installed all new - Dsonimporter file and the both General Essentials. With the same result - Genesis.py can't find Dsonimporter.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,768
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Yes, I did. It is not my first Dsonimporter-Installation. That's why I am confused.

edited December 1969

I noticed from your sig that you are using Poser 9 on a 64 bit system. Are you by chance installing the 64 bit dson importer? If so that's the wrong one for you to use. You need the 32 bit importer. Poser 9 is not a 64 bit program, it's 32 bit.

edited December 1969

Thank you for your help.

No, I have downloaded the 32 bit version of Dsonimporter and installed in Poser 9 Program folder like I allways have done the last times.

Therefore I am confused because this time it doesn't work.

edited December 1969

That is... weird, and I have no idea what else it could be not that I'm an expert, but all the obvious we've covered.

edited December 1969

Have you tried the obvious, which is to just reinstall the DSON Importer?