Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• pweberpweber Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

I'm headed over there, Chohole! :)

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

pweber said:
    My annual doesn't show up and I'm denied access to the https://bugs.daz3d.com/ link to report it.

Further ideas?

Are you trying to log in to that site with your normal Daz id? You need to set up a new one for that site.

• Harry_2964Harry_2964 Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

I am also having problems with my PC membership. The PC items are not shown as 1.99 USD. Also in the menu bar I dont see the platinum club membership valid to X info.

And I cant login to bugs.daz3d.com. I get access deniend. I tried my email and my forum name.

edited June 2012

anikad said:
    pweber said:
    My annual doesn't show up and I'm denied access to the https://bugs.daz3d.com/ link to report it.

Further ideas?

Are you trying to log in to that site with your normal Daz id? You need to set up a new one for that site.

Indeed. That was what I was doing. I'll try a new id. Thanks!

EDITED:

SUCCESS!!! Thank you!

Post edited by pweber on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

pweber said:
    Oh - and I forgot to ask - how do I even check for the voucher - yes, yes, I know - nobody has them. But, I can't even figure out how to check for it!

There isn't anywhere to check, because there are no vouchers anymore. What will happen (so we've been told) is that the coupon code will be sent out in PC newsletters and also posted in the PC forum

Is non existance better or worse than being expired I wonder . There is a party going on for those members who are deemed to be expired, I am sure non existant ones would be welcome to join in as well.

Well, I'm non-existent and they let me join in.

Maybe that's cause I brought cookies, though
    ;-P

edited December 1969

pweber said:
    Oh - and I forgot to ask - how do I even check for the voucher - yes, yes, I know - nobody has them. But, I can't even figure out how to check for it!

There isn't anywhere to check, because there are no vouchers anymore. What will happen (so we've been told) is that the coupon code will be sent out in PC newsletters and also posted in the PC forum

Oooooh... well, that's not going to work unless I set an alarm to remind me to check the site every month (not that I don't check anyway, but sometimes it's a couple weeks because of my workload) ... I get newsletters when the server decides I can have them.

edited December 1969

Well, I wouldn't worry too much yet since I suspect the whole coupon thing will be gone over eventually. Though if the coupon code was in the same thread every month, then all you'd need to do is subscribe to it and you'd get an email notice about it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Well, I wouldn't worry too much yet since I suspect the whole coupon thing will be gone over eventually. Though if the coupon code was in the same thread every month, then all you'd need to do is subscribe to it and you'd get an email notice about it.

Eventually...is that longer than DAZSoon? :-P

I think the monthly coupon code forum thread should be a sticky, and locked so that they can update it and it won't get lost in lots of replies. Just one of my oft-neglected opinions. :roll:

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Not a bad idea. I may have to have DAZ_ann0314 requirement that one. That's good. I'm all for it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Wow. Thank you.

Dana

edited December 1969

Yep, I thought it was a good idea, and I guess I thought they'd already planned that.... And hopefully eventually is faster than soon :lol:

• Cheryl_SCheryl_S Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I dont get platinum club newsletters, have been a member for several months now, the only newsletter that shows up is general news and I cant find an option to subscribe to it either

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited June 2012

You know what I don't quite get about this whole "coupon" in the newsletter thing?

If it's just a coupon code that can be typed in, there's nothing to stop someone from posting it online. Which means that the store HAS to have some way to automatically check if someone is in the PC club before it will enable them to use their coupon, correct? And since you can only use the coupon once and immediately lose the portion you didn't get, that means the system can track the use of the code by each individual member so it can tell if someone's already used their coupon that month.
    So then... exactly why is there a need to publish a "special" code every month again?

I mean, since it's whether you're in the PC club or not that actually lets you use the coupon code, why not just tell everyone they can type in PCJuly2012 for this July, PCAugust2012 for this August, etc. That sequence won't repeat again until the year 12012, provides a unique code for every month for accounting purposes and is so simple that everyone will always be able to remember it.
    '.

Really, it just seems like the whole business of adding the extra step of having to get the code in the newsletter needlessly complicates everything.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • JoelleJoelle Posts: 180
    edited December 1969

I agree!

Bea said:
    We have a fantastic team of adminstrators and moderators who are trying desperate;y to keep everything under control. Personally I think it is unfair to them for them to have been put in this situation. I know we are all grateful to them they are going above and beyond to keep us happy - but this should not be happening.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

pweber said:
    Alright, I'm being a pest, but I now notice that my "Join Date" is null.

::sniff::

I sure have spent an awful lot of money here to just not exist... :down:

Edited to add - especially in light of the fact that I was one of the first to sign up at DAZ and had one of the old old old "join dates" - I think it said 1979... ::laugh::

Your old "join date" was 12/31/1969, which is the date equivalent of 0. That's why you're showing a join date of 0 now.

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't see why they want to change it, just leave it in our account & only able to use it on Daz stuff.

I agree, if everyone has the same code, they could use it, then tell a friend of family member the code & everyone uses it that's not paying to be a member. lol

But again none of this new store, compares to the old one, I no a lot of my friends I am in Posers groups with have stop buying here & said they want, most have all the 4 stuff & now that 5 is taking it over, guess it will just be for Daz only, then I'm out I only know Posers.
    Guess Render.... with be picking up more members. lol

I like the old way. :(

• JoelleJoelle Posts: 180
    edited December 1969

I agree with the great admins that try to keep us updated, and getting all the dirt trown over them.....Thanks girls & Guys
    BUT! I have to wine a bit too :o)
    I was a pc member for a longgg time, I just checked my account...and ughhh still no subscriptions, no coupon
    When I tried to renew my pc membership it says to pay the $20.97 for the first time......HUH¿¿¿¿¿ I already did this once years ago, But If I don't pay the $20.97 I can't pay for my membership................I am sooooooooo dazzled
    English is not my best language, so keeping up to date isn't either

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

I would imagine that the coupon will be like the ones on the old store - it will have to be activated on your account before you can use it, and once used it will be cancelled. That way it won't matter where it's published.

JoelleD - it looks as if you are a PC member - $20.97 is the usual start up price less PC discount, so that bit is working. Are you seeing PC items at $1.99, and the 30% of on DAZ items that aren't otherwise on sale?

• FobokFobok Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

I'm glad to find this thread. I just signed up for PC last week and wondered why I hadn't gotten a coupon. At least now I know it's not just me.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the PC, Fobok1! I'm still a relatively new member myself, but I can tell you that the chaos you're seeing right now is not representative of what things were like earlier this year (between February and May). So while you may have picked the wrong time to join, I guess the good news is that things should hopefully continue getting progressively less messy for a while. And yes, you're in the same boat as everyone else as far as the coupon is concerned.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeah, the boat is getting pretty crowded,:roll:

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Are there enough lifeboats.... ;-)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Just in case they become necessary: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=boat&x=0&y=0

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

hmm, no lifeboats, but a nice paddle boat with v4 poses for 1.99 :)

• FabeFabe Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

OK sorry that I haven't been keeping up and I don't feel like going over all the thread here to get the answer so I'm just going to ask it here?

Whats going on with the PC, it seems there are some problems or something with our vouchers but it looks like there is more going on.

What else has changed or gone wrong since the site up date because honestly I have no idea whats happening

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Best way is to read through this thread here. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1556/

I can even merge your post into the thread, to make it easier for you, if you would prefer.

See, quite painless.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969
  • edited December 1969

robert952 said:

Just in case they become necessary: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=boat&x=0&y=0

Or you could get:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hot-air-balloon/
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/biplane/
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/retro-and-junkyard-jetpacks/

All on sale at this time, too.

Hahaha ... I sense some irony in "hot air balloon" :P

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Adding this here as well...it was added to my thread I have going in the Commons but since these things are both being discussed here I am going to post it here for those that may have missed it (Though I urge you all to bookmark this thread or subscribe to it, or just check the first post in it occasionally for the most up to date info http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/):

ALL THOSE HAVING PC MEMBERSHIP ISSUES, PLEASE READ:

From Britney Creek:

For all paying PC Membership previous to Magento, you have seen numerous errors with your PC Membership. We have found a resolution for these issues.

You will see an order for your Membership being charged $1 of store credit that you did not make. This is correct. DAZ issued $1 to your account and made an order for your Membership again for you. Once this has been done, you will no longer see any issues with your PC Membership. If until this has been done to your account, you miss any sales, please let us know, we will take care of that for you.

Thank you for your patience.

Okay, I've finally seen this go through.

My PC membership was paid up through November of 2013, and now it's listed as being through June of 2013.

I expect that they will eventually extend my membership (and for anyone else who was pre-paid up far in advance), but I'm just posting about it, to reference back to in case extending memberships gets lost in the shuffle.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

the store HAS to have some way to automatically check if someone is in the PC club before it will enable them to use their coupon, correct? And since you can only use the coupon once and immediately lose the portion you didn't get, that means the system can track the use of the code by each individual member so it can tell if someone's already used their coupon that month.
    .So then... exactly why is there a need to publish a "special" code every month again?[snip]
    Really, it just seems like the whole business of adding the extra step of having to get the code in the newsletter needlessly complicates everything.

My guess is that it's someone's bright idea to make sure we read the newsletter.

Replacing an existing paid-for benefit with a less valuable one that is more difficult to use, and then comprehensively messing up the implementation is pretty much an object lesson in how not to do things and how to comprehensively irritate your customer base.

And as I'm typing this I can't help noticing that the new forum software offers fewer options than most of the amateur ones I belong too...

I'm increasingly getting the feeling someone very senior at DAZ made some very bad decisions over the website upgrade and is bunkered down refusing to admit how bad things are. The degree of disatisfaction being expressed by long term, absolutely loyal customers is potentially catastrophic, yet we've heard nothing from senior management in three weeks. That's three weeks in which I've bought nothing, can't even be sure the store is showing me new products, can't be sure I will be charged the right discounted price on the off-chance something does attract me enough to buy, and generally aren't getting the benefits I pay for as a PC member of long standing. To say I'm not happy is British understatement at its finest.

Now extend all of that dissatisfaction across every PC member, and all the store aspects across every customer, and factor in the damage to DAZ as a company.... We deserve to be treated better by DAZ management, and so does DAZ.