Ethnicity for Genesis not showing up in 4.5.1.56

StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

Has anyone else had challenges with the morphs for ethnicity being available in the newest version of DAZ Studio? I was able to easily use them in 4.5.1.6 but the latest release doesn't seem to recognize the files. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, resetting the database and reimporting metadata (primarily because I'm missing other items in my library as well since updating) but that hasn't helped.

Thank you in advance for any help you might provide.

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

My ethnicity morphs are availble but I seem to have lost some others, ones brought over by GenX.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Are you looking in the Shaping tab or Parameters tab? Everything should always show in Parameters, while Shaping requires the morphs to be classified a specific way to show up.

Personally, I don't even have the Shaping tab in my workspace, and just use the Parameters tab.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited January 2013

Hi,

I checked both the shaping and parameters areas and I'm unable to locate the morphs. I used to access them through the parameters tab.

Update: I uninstalled the DAZ Studio and the CMS and ALL files that had anything to do with DAZ Studio which required an extensive search on my Mac. I've documented all of the hidden locations of these files so if it happens again it isn't such a lengthy process in locating them. Anyhow the good news is that my ethnic morphs are showing up in my parameters tab again. Yay!

Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I've had some morphs 'go missing' after I updated to Studio 4.5. The morphs are there in old projects, but in a new project they don't show up in either Shaping or Parameters. So far, every time this has happened, the morphs are in a product that has been updated since I originally purchased it. Resetting the download for the product and reinstalling it has fixed it every time for me.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 1969

Hi Riftwitch,

Thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely keep that in mind if this occurs again.

• edited December 1969

Hi

I downloaded the Ethnicity Bundle, but can't figure out where the textures and hairs are.

Thanks

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

There aren't any, the Ethnicity sets are just face morphs

• edited December 1969

Ahhhhhhhhh.

Ok