Might be a stupid question.

edited December 1969 in The Commons

You will have to forgive me for such a simple question and I know some one will re direct me but I’m tempting to learn the ins and outs of becoming a freelance digital artist. (PS: I’m looking for a mentor)

Now if I purchase a model from Daz3d and render of an image using said model. Am I able to sell the image?

Joel

Comments

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited January 2013

Yes, I would say as long as the model is used in a scene and not just standing in a blank canvas. Several artists here have made money with their art.

I have done, and am now currently working on another book cover product.

This week, of mine made $100 selling a large art print..

Post edited by Wiccan1 on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

you can sell the images that you render, however you can not redistribute the mesh, not even a modified mesh. So if you want to sell models you have to build them from scratch.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Yes, 2d renders (still or animated) are yours to use as you wish with content from the DAZ 3D store (with a limited exception in the case of the Ann Marie Goddard Digital Clone)

edited December 1969

Yes, 2d renders (still or animated) are yours to use as you wish with content from the DAZ 3D store (with a limited exception in the case of the Ann Marie Goddard Digital Clone)

does that still exist?

• edited December 1969

Thank you very much for this quick response.

Joel

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

does that still exist?

I didn't check, but I was being cautious.

edited December 1969

ah, yesss it foes exist, its even on sale. But since its for 2 generations ago i doubt many pay much attention to it