Genesis Expression Randomizer

BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Hmmm, well, kinda sort-of... :lol:
Made this just for fun and thought i'd share it. Was goofin' around with genesis and got tired of painstakingly going through all my sliders, so i wrote a script that randomizes the parameters tab. It's intended to be used with the genesis head selected, but feel free to try it on anything else.
There's a slider to set the chance of parameters being affected (0-10%, too high will mess things up) and then the script goes through the properties of the selected node and randomizes some of them.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/66768/view/8/Script/Genesis-Expression-Randomizer

Comments

• SeleneyueSeleneyue Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is awesome.
    Will try it out once I get home.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    edited December 1969

Thank you, these are great!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Interesting. I'm downloading now and will try it out.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

OMG!! Thank you so much!!! Downloaded and just spent about a half an hour laughing and clickin!! This is a great script!!

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Thank you all, nice to know you appreciate it.
    The script itself is a good example of bad code (still learning), but i felt it was too funny to not share. :)

edited December 1969

Hmmmm good example of a bad code???How can it be bad it works really good ........and since I don't know anything about writing code ......I think you are a genieus !!

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Hmmmm good example of a bad code???How can it be bad it works really good ........and since I don't know anything about writing code ......I think you are a genieus !!

Now you made me blush... :red:
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited January 2013

it works quite well!
    poor Aiko looks a bit lost though

(arm movements: was testing collarbend morphs on that dress)

randomaikoo.gif
    360 x 360 - 508K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much - this looks very cool!

Cute animation!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

This is brilliant and inspired! It is huge fun! Thanks for sharing it. You can get some really nice expressions, as well as some funny goofy ones. I made it into a custom action and put an icon for it on my tool bar for easy access.

Random_expression_3.jpg
    400 x 346 - 59K
    Random_expression_2.jpg
    400 x 346 - 60K
    Random_expression_1.jpg
    400 x 346 - 59K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    This is brilliant and inspired! It is huge fun! Thanks for sharing it. You can get some really nice expressions, as well as some funny goofy ones. I made it into a custom action and put an icon for it on my tool bar for easy access.

You know...that second one really needs white face paint and green hair...

Is anyone bothering to save the 'good' ones out for future re-use?

Actually some of the goofy ones, too...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

I tried to save the first one, but I saved it as a Pose preset. That didn't work. I think maybe I have to save a shaping preset????

edited December 1969

Try useing the PoseFormatExporter, it's free and I use for all my poses,plus you can just hylight in the scene tab what body part pose you want to save.

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I tried to save the first one, but I saved it as a Pose preset. That didn't work. I think maybe I have to save a shaping preset????

morphs used to be part of the pose preset but with DS4.5, indeed it seems we have to use Shaping Presets

popo.png
    1280 x 720 - 304K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting the renders, guys. Love them !

Next version will have selectable groups, making it work better on previous generation figures. Got a few other projects going atm so i can't give a timeframe, but in good ole Daz tradition, let's stick with 'soon'.

edited December 1969

AAAAccckkkkkk!! you used the "S" word !!!

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Downloaded this quite some time ago.........and just found it again today......what fun! I'm actually using it on G2F and having a blast. Saving my faves as Pose Presets is working fine in Studio 4.7

edited December 1969

Downloaded this quite some time ago.........and just found it again today......what fun! I'm actually using it on G2F and having a blast. Saving my faves as Pose Presets is working fine in Studio 4.7

Thank you, Aave.
    The goofy ones are the best, aren't they ? :lol:

I haven't upgraded to 4.7 yet, good to know you can save them as pose presets now.

• EnchantedPixieEnchantedPixie Posts: 472
    edited December 1969

Way cool thank you !!!!