decimator included or not

mosjomosjo Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I really wish DAZ could release coherent info about their products, it would save so much time.

After wasting about 1 hour of sleep, this time the question is:

Is this decimator included (as stated by DAZ) or not in 4.5 Pro/Pro beta, i.e. has to be purchased? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

No, it has to be purchased, because of the agreement between DAZ 3D and the developer. If you buy it you just need to plug in the serial number, you don't need to install anything extra.

• mosjomosjo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I see. Maybe DAZ should find an agreement with the developer that is good enough for the developer and refrain from using this plugin for DAZ studio promotion for as long they do not provide it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It was included when DS4 was not free -- is there an advertisement for the free license that says Decimator is included?

• mosjomosjo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

they say it is included in 4.5., it is "included" in the download. I concluded it might be included.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

The files to run Decimator come with Daz 4.5, but the serial code to unlock it is sold separately. Same goes for aniMate 2, which gives you a trial version before defaulting to aniMate lite.

• edited December 1969

The files to run Decimator come with Daz 4.5, but the serial code to unlock it is sold separately. Same goes for aniMate 2, which gives you a trial version before defaulting to aniMate lite.

As I understand it (but please correct me if wrong), if you have a serial for DAZ Studio 4.0 Pro that you got by buying the product, i.e. before the price was discounted to zero, then you will automaticaly have Decimator and Animate enabled. I have read that this serial will also work with 4.5, both the stable version and beta.

I'm about to replace my 4.0 Pro with 4.5 Pro and will report back as I have a pre-free serial.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Yes, that is correct. If you have a *paid for* edition of DAZ Studio 4.x you have a Decimator serial number.