Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2017

OMG thank you Nath!!!!  I'm going to sticky this in my reference post at the beginning of my thread. TOO COOL!!!!! I'm going to contact Support to see if we can get this item brought back for March Madness. It would make a neat playground prop, fantasy set item, kids toy, etc. Who is the vendor, might I ask? It says NA so perhaps it can't be re-released. 

Post edited by Novica on

Just found it. Ken made it, so can't be re-released. It's over on the Hivewire site. I like it, but not for $12.95 

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

It's by Ken Gilliland and it's available at Hivewire.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Novica said:

Just found it. Ken made it, so can't be re-released. It's over on the Hivewire site. I like it, but not for $12.95 

It may go on sale, who knows :-)

edited March 2017

Oh hey, this is in the featured stores and has socks!  Lazy Days for Genesis 3 Females.

Short Boots look well made, in the featured stores. A good price.

Post edited by Novica on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Nath said:

So here's a quick and dirty conversion to iray (I know, the wheels are sunk into the road), and some photos of the real thing (and the baby swan car that goes with it, which is unfortunately not included in the model). The poop still needs some work cheeky

That looks like a great novelty car!  I wish that was still available in the store.  :(

Nath said:

It's by Ken Gilliland and it's available at Hivewire.

I'll have to go over and put that on my wishlist!

edited March 2017

Okay folks, it's time again. From March 1st through midnight Daz time March 8th, post your top 3 (up to 5) products used and rendered this month. Click here to see what you picked last month, it will have the ones you select this month added to them. (Mine are already inserted.)

The first post of the thread has the guidelines. A reminder of some of them:

Title should be (Your Name's) Top 3 (or 4, 5)  Product Picks for February 2017   In bold, and pick a color. (I use red but not required)

You can only pick ONE product in a render

You can't repeat any from the previous month

They must be Daz products (includes freebies)

The link should be to the product page and link to your render will either be Render 1 or Example 1   and you can post more than one render for the product (So then Render 2  or Example 2  links.)  Put all three (up to five) products in one post, and follow the guidelines in the first post.

Please make the links so they open in a new window (there will be a second tab, Target, once you click the link maker, in the dropdown select New Window)

Please keep all links to renders from the Daz galleries, other equivalent major 3d art websites/galleries or forum threads, no private site links. You must put the site in (  ) and if there is nudity or it is not family friendly, note that in (   )  also.

Any PC forum renders should be placed in the gallery because all images must be accessible to forum members.

So have fun going back through February!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2017
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2017

Summary Post of Top 3-5 Products for February

Novica
    Llynara
    isidorn
    RGcincy
    Barbult
    Knittingmommy
    Jakiblue
    Ice Dragon Art

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2017

double post

Post edited by Novica on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited March 2017

Well, I'm surprised I didn't post more renders last month. It was just a crazy one for me, but here goes. 

Llynara's Top 5: 

1. Mariposa for Genevieve 7; Renders 1 & 2 Easily one of my favorite gals to work with. Genevieve 7 brings some interesting looks and morphs to the gene pool and so does Darwin's latest female character. Great combo! 
    2. First Light Skydome and HDRI: Render 1 This is a stunning set, limited only by your imagination. Mariposa is in this render too, as well as Diesel for Elijah 7.
    3. Elijah 7 : Render 1 : 2 This is actually Darwin's Diesel for Elijah 7, who isn't out yet, so I'll just say Elijah 7. Like Genevieve, he brings some interesting new shapes and morphs to Genesis 3. 
    4. FWSA Taia for V7 ; Renders1 | Renders 2-4  I hadn't gotten around to rendering her till this month, and wow! She really is a knockout! Lots of incredible makeup options too. Her skin looks different under different lights as well. A gorgeous and versatile character, she'll be starring as my trouble maker Karma in my Black Kat series- a Super with luck powers. Here she is painting the town in a blingy Elvis suit!
    5. The Shader Plan: Satin Textiles: Renders 1 & 2 Just beginning to play with these. They are very beautiful and can totally change the look of an outfit. Here Hugh is wearing Casual Styles for G3M dressed up with the shaders to look more formal. Barbult has done some very nice renders with these shaders too. 

I used a lot of non-DAZ products as well and will be posting an additional list on my art thread.

PS. Had to laugh at Novica's list last month. She picked like 10 things! LOL Some months it really is hard to narrow it down!

Post edited by Llynara on
    edited March 2017
    Llynara said:

PS. Had to laugh at Novica's list last month. She picked like 10 things! LOL Some months it really is hard to narrow it down!

No, but I agree it's hard to pick. I added the five I did this month to the list, that's why there's already ten. I'll be adding yours to your list, it's a cumulative list to help you keep track of what you've already picked.  wink It is linked from the first post so you can find it easily. EDIT: I added a bold statement to it, stating it includes the February picks. That should help folks understand how it works.

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Will work on this tomorrow.  I'm not sure how many renders i got done either but pretty sure I can do at least 3. 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    Novica said:
    Llynara said:

No, but I agree it's hard to pick. I added the five I did this month to the list, that's why there's already ten. I'll be adding yours to your list, it's a cumulative list to help you keep track of what you've already picked.  wink It is linked from the first post so you can find it easily. EDIT: I added a bold statement to it, stating it includes the February picks. That should help folks understand how it works.

Ahh, that makes more sense! 

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I only managed to get five renders done during February, so I don't have much to choose from. Without further ado, here's

Isidorn's Top 3 For February

1. Kimo 7 - Render I don't render a lot of males, but I really like this guy.

2. Mullet Hair 80's Style - Render. No one can resist the power of the Mullet! devil And yes, that's another male render. Not the render I done that best features the hair, but it's the one I did in February.

3. IDG Iray FX - Props and Shaders - Render For people like me, that are seriously post work challenged, these props are a blessing when wanting some cool effects in the renders.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    edited March 2017

RGcincy's Top 5 Picks for February 2017

1. On the Shore  -  Render 1  Render 2   360 View    A beautiful setting with lots of vegetation, buildings, and water.

2. FirstBastions Mid Forest Vale  -  360 View    Lots of vegetation in this one too, plus makes for a nice immersive image

3. Ancient Ruins  -  Render     Ruins in the background was a favorite for many Renaissance painters

4. Nyarai for Genesis 3 Female   -  Render    Something about her just appeals to me

5. SC Alice for Genesis 3 Female  -  Render   Made for a nice mother-daughter pair

Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited March 2017

I'll update the Summary list showing the products you've used, and the list for February, tomorrow (well, today, it's after midnight.)  Getting off the computer but wanted to mention- you can use PC+ (get two of them) to trigger the extra 5% discount on gift cards (which when added to the 10% as a Bonus Buyer, you do get the 15% discount.)  So see if there's any PC+ items you like, get the gift card, then make any purchases you'd like. After I did that, then I used the Gift Card and got the Sketchy, Private Eye Bundle, and candy.

With that 15% (due to the gift card) plus the 10% as a Bonus Buyer, on top of the 50% for buying two of the new releases, it was a good deal. Private Eye Bundle went from (sale prices of 40% off) 16.77 down to 12.57 (-4.20), Sketchy went from 14.97 to 11.83 (-3.14) , Everyday Candy from 8.97 down to 6.73 (-2.24) So just the discount from the 40% prices for these three totaled $9.58.

Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    edited March 2017

Another combo. This is two products I got in December: another set by Andrey Pestryakov/Peanterra called Water Spring combined with EcoManiac3D's Formations for Rock Collection. This scene shows about how they load, with Water Spring moved slightly and the rock formation lowered in Y scale and expanded in X scale (the original opening was too round for my liking). I used the DeepCaveC5K prop as it had a stone color similar to Water Spring's. The 5K is the low resolution version; there's also a higher resolution 50K prop which really slowed movement in the viewport. Sky is from Skies of iRadiance. I put a 100K ghost light inside the cave to provide reflected light and avoid a black hole. 

Deep Cave Water Spring combo.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

barbult's Top 3 Product Picks for February 2017

Elijah 7   Render 1 He is my favorite Daz male character and skin. This render has the eyebrows replaced after using Brow Remover. Elijah 7 morph is 100%. It has 20% Lee 7 head mixed in and some Fitness morphs.

FWSA Halina for Kalea 7  Render 1 Render 2 (Render 2 is a mix of Halina (without Kalea) and Genevieve 7.)

200 Plus - Head & Face Morphs for Genesis 3 Male(s)   Render 1 This product has lots (200+) individual morphs for G3M face and head and also some presets that apply a combination of the morphs. This render used the Ray head preset. It is also fun to use the individual morphs with the randomizer (not shown here).

edited March 2017

Knittingmommy's Top 5 Picks for February 2017

1stBastions Highland Lakeside Cabin and Dock  Render  I love this environment set!  It works in both Iray and 3Delight and I love that FB has it all set so that even beginners can make it look good right out of the box.

Mariposa for Genesis 3 Female and Genevieve 7  Render  DarwinsMishap did a great job with this character.  I loved that she looked amazing even without Genevieve which I don't have.  

Iray Clouds and War Bird Outfit and Poses for Genesis 3 Female(s)  Render  Dual purpose render, I used both products in this one.  I love these two products and I had fun with them in this render.

Post edited by Chohole on

I'm not sure why the link for Highland Cabin doesn't show up.  It's clickable and actually goes to the website, but the isn't turning blue and showing as if it is actually a link unless you roll the mouse over it.

I'm not sure why the link for Highland Cabin doesn't show up.  It's clickable and actually goes to the website, but the isn't turning blue and showing as if it is actually a link unless you roll the mouse over it.

If you go to Source, you'll see the html code that is in front of the other links and you can put it in front of it. Or, just highlight it again and do the link again and it will probably show up. But thanks for telling us! 

BTW, fast grab had changed again. I was so tickled to see Polish's car!

Novica said:

If you go to Source, you'll see the html code that is in front of the other links and you can put it in front of it. Or, just highlight it again and do the link again and it will probably show up. But thanks for telling us! 

I double checked the source.  It's all appropriately written and linked.  It's identitcal to all of the other links except for the dashes.  I think the page is just having an issue because the link has dashes in it.  I can't do anything about that.  It's clickable, though, and does go to the appropriate page.

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    Novica said:

I grabbed the Elven Weapons bundle.....lots of nice props and poses!  I'll definitely get some use out of them.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

So, do you only want reviews relevant to the current March Madness sale, because I have a couple of products I picked up in sales leading up to March Madness I have some input on. 

edited March 2017

So, do you only want reviews relevant to the current March Madness sale, because I have a couple of products I picked up in sales leading up to March Madness I have some input on. 

Oh no, it's a monthly thing (we started it in January) and we're doing things we rendered in February.  Doesn't even have to be bought in February, just rendered, and a product you'd recommend. Love to get your input!  Then at the end of March, you can list anything you rendered in March, whether it's bought this month or not, etc.

Post edited by Novica on
  • donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Ok. I'll do some renders with my favorite recent purchases and share the results at the end of March, because I didn't get around to rendering with the items I'm really loving until now. 

RGcincy said:

Another combo. This is two products I got in December: another set by Andrey Pestryakov/Peanterra called Water Spring combined with EcoManiac3D's Formations for Rock Collection. ... I put a 100K ghost light inside the cave to provide reflected light and avoid a black hole. 

That ghost light in the cave made a difference, it does show the details. Very smart! Nice combination! 

Ok. I'll do some renders with my favorite recent purchases and share the results at the end of March, because I didn't get around to rendering with the items I'm really loving until now. 

Just to make sure I didn't confuse you- we're posting the February choices now, but you can share your March renders now, you don't have to wait.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited March 2017

Top 3 Picks for February:

1. Toon Generations 2 Essentials for Genesis 3  render 01 - I've said before how much I love the look of the toons and toon art, but I really suck at doing anything with them as I just can't seem to get a handle on them. I nabbed the Toon Generations as one of my last purchases and mixed them with Olympia 7 and I was SO happy with how this came out! Using the O7 skin and mixing the toon base with her, this was one of my favourite renders for February. (as a side note, the date on the daz gallery says jan 31 but i rendered this and uploaded it Feb 1....cos it was Feb 1 in my part of the world, while it was still the day before in dazland)
    2. Mst Mai for Genesis 3 Females  render 01 - this was one of those rare times that a piece of art just fell together pretty much immediately. Everything was first choice, including the lighting and I didn't faff about at all with her. Set it up, render, and that was it. :) 
    3. Modern Bathroom  render 01  - retrodevil knocked it out of the park with his new modern bathroom! man, that scene just renders like a photograph with the default settings that come with it! Also, I think this is my dream bathroom LOL. And of course, I had to put the ol' galapagos tortoise in there, cos they need love too! Was really happy with this render - it was all default settings and very basic postwork...basically contrast and sharpening. (I only uploaded this image today cos I totally forgot I had done it LOL, but i rendered it Feb 16)

Post edited by jakiblue on
This discussion has been closed.