Star Trek Builders Unite 3 “Runtime Amok”

Comments

• blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

does anyone remember who did the m4 wraparound tunic for valient , the link is broken

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    does anyone remember who did the m4 wraparound tunic for valient , the link is broken

If he's the same one that did the wrap-around for the V4 couragous. it was James JAB- I used that one in books 6 and 7.

edited December 1969

Gee, didnt know we had already jumped to the new thread. I was checking the forums and saw this thread and went here first. Hadnt gotten any new ebots bout the last thread since yesterday afternoon...

David

I book mark the forums. I usually end up checking them several times during the course of an evening- while a render's processing.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

i keep many tabs in Waterfox open and the one for here is one of them ?
    and check it about 100+ times per day - yes I have no life

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I'm still hoping someone gets the gumption to make some decent Trek uniforms for Genesis... maybe someday...

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    I'm still hoping someone gets the gumption to make some decent Trek uniforms for Genesis... maybe someday...

Dumb question time: What was the Creeper?

edited December 1969

wasn't that a freebie from daz at one point, or did it come in a package deal ?

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Pretty sure he was a freebie... but if he wasn't, I paid maybe $5 or $10 for him like... damn, was it when we all still had Poser 3?

images.jpg
    225 x 225 - 7K
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    wasn't that a freebie from daz at one point, or did it come in a package deal ?

Don't know. But I figured it was time to find out what it was.

edited December 1969

i checked - he was a freebie and you can buy poses and other stuff for him at daz but you cant get him anymore it seems

edited January 2013

wancow said:
    Pretty sure he was a freebie... but if he wasn't, I paid maybe $5 or $10 for him like... damn, was it when we all still had Poser 3?

He looks familar. I came in with Poser 5- and I want to say I have- or had him at one time. I think he was in the freebie section back then.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

Discuss Class Inbound

Discus_Inbound-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 170K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2013

wancow said:

Well "someone" usually runs into rigging problems so patience ;-)

edit;

Found some neat sites which I may have mentioned before but anyway:

http://www.lcars.org.uk/Enterprise_panels.htm NX01 panels
    http://www.lcars.org.uk/msd.htm
    http://www.waxingmoondesign.com/DeckPlanMainPage.html

I haven't watched Enterprise before. Starting with the 3rd season ... hmmm .... well, it's not TOS.
    From the above links have uniform pics, bridge layout, ship layout, and those shuttles :-)

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

Well "someone" usually runs into rigging problems so patience ;-)

edit;

Found some neat sites which I may have mentioned before but anyway:

http://www.lcars.org.uk/Enterprise_panels.htm NX01 panels
    http://www.lcars.org.uk/msd.htm
    http://www.waxingmoondesign.com/DeckPlanMainPage.html

I haven't watched Enterprise before. Starting with the 3rd season ... hmmm .... well, it's not TOS.
    From the above links have uniform pics, bridge layout, ship layout, and those shuttles :-)

I have no problem accepting that the NX-01 existed- in fact, in my series, it came before the Daedalus class, then Starfleet took it's saucer and the Daedalus' lower hull, refined them and came up with the Consititution class. But, I have problems accepting some of the things they presented.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    ... edit ...

But, I have problems accepting some of the things they presented.

Exactly.

edited December 1969

Here's a smaller version of the image of the uniforms for Enterprise.
    I've put numbers near each one.

Any particular preference for which one I start at?

uniforms_to_make.png
    799 x 636 - 333K
  • edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    wancow said:

He looks familar. I came in with Poser 5- and I want to say I have- or had him at one time. I think he was in the freebie section back then.

Yep, the Creeper was included in the DAZ Free Archive. The Creeper, along with the Free Archive, appears to have been lost with the site changeover.

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Ok, gang. I have been corrected, although I didn't know, and I think it was an honest mistake on my part, but Aki is woman.

Aki, I do very sincerly apologize for the confusion.

Your friend
    Oracle

edited December 1969

If anyone here is also interested in learning how to make some clothing for Genesis, in the fond hopes that eventually 'even I' will get this right ... have started the project in my clothing thread.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2174/P105/#216786

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

I'm incredibly frustrated. I finished set dressing the Ptrope's quarters, got it all light and it will not render. I keep crashing each and every time. I can do other things, but there is something in the file DS4 just doesn't like.

edited January 2013

TimG said:
    I'm incredibly frustrated. I finished set dressing the Ptrope's quarters, got it all light and it will not render. I keep crashing each and every time. I can do other things, but there is something in the file DS4 just doesn't like.

Take it down to the bare walls and do a small test render. If that works add another piece and then another until you find the piece causing the problem. Then maybe Ptrope can help get it fixed.

If I remeber right, when he posted it, he said he hadn't tested it for D/S- he doesn't have the program.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

Eliminate any images that are 16bit.

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Kirk's first attempt at "Retirement"

working on a desktop picture for my Sister in law. She's a Big Trekkie fan,

does that Shuttle fit the timeline with Kirk?

sdsktp6.jpg
    1999 x 1124 - 402K
    edited December 1969

leifgl said:

Well the one I always identify with his time is the Galileo.

The Galileo is noted for being TOS.
    Available at trekmeshes.ch Search for 'Galileo' ... only 5 items are returned.
    One is by Raul Mamoru and it looks like on either page [crew/shuttle] is the Poser converversion by Mattymanx.

edited December 1969

leifgl said:

STMC has the ST:V shuttle- which would be closer to Kirk's retirment years. Set the search for small vessels and shuttlecraft. It's in the third group.

http://www.trekmeshes.ch/

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

Eliminate any images that are 16bit.

yep, I removed all texture images and it works now. >:(

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

Wow, I post that I only follow threads I've posted in by doing a search for my name, and the search doesn't turn up that post... go figure...

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

I have no problem accepting that the NX-01 existed- in fact, in my series, it came before the Daedalus class, then Starfleet took it's saucer and the Daedalus' lower hull, refined them and came up with the Consititution class. But, I have problems accepting some of the things they presented.

I thought they represented humanity as we truly are quite convincing...

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

Enterprise took place in a different timeline than both TOS and the new movie era; one in which 1, the design of Starfleet vessels was clearly influenced by the originator of warp flight having seen the Enterprise E (and his assistant having been all over it), and 2, the temporal cold war. Accepting these two major influences on the events of the show is all that's necessary to suspend disbelief where contradictions to previous canon exist...

edited December 1969

Enterprise took place in a different timeline than both TOS and the new movie era; one in which 1, the design of Starfleet vessels was clearly influenced by the originator of warp flight having seen the Enterprise E (and his assistant having been all over it), and 2, the temporal cold war. Accepting these two major influences on the events of the show is all that's necessary to suspend disbelief where contradictions to previous canon exist...

Were temporal influences already in effect in the pilot when they introduced the "Phase pistols"? And installed the phase cannons on the NX-01? That tech didn't exist till Kirk's time- in Pike's era they were still using "Hand lasers".

This discussion has been closed.