CyberV4 hands/feet flying off

wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Is there a fix to prevent CyberV4's hands and feet from flying off the figure when a pose is applied?

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmmm. Can I just remove the hands entirely from the skeleton, and then parent them as props at the ends of the nub arms?

Screen_Shot_2013-01-10_at_2.02_.24_PM_.png
    578 x 622 - 158K
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

There was a thread about similar issues with the first male robot, not sure if there was a proper solution to the problem.
    A half solution was to transfer the M4 to Genesis and then it worked a little better.

edited December 1969

I don't have Genesis, and this seems to be a Carrara problem with (?) figures that are not all-one object?

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Check the translation values in the motion tab.

Zero the hands if they are wonky (type a "0" in there manually).

I get this applying human poses to cows and that usually fixes it.

Hope that helps...

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited January 2013

I use this work-around for this behavior in DS4.x. If you are able to do the same in Carrara, it should address the problem.

1. Load V4
    2. Load CyborgV4 and conform to V4
    3. Select all surfaces for V4 in the Surfaces tab and make V4 transparent by setting the Opacity Strength to 0%.

Apply a pose to the V4 model and CyborgV4 shouldn't break up as it's just following the V4's pose.

Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited December 1969

3drendero said:

Thank you... I don't have Genesis but I wonder if I could export the whole model as an obj, then either rewrite the cr2 or copy the V4 skeleton to it. Would make all the parts rubbery instead of Cyborg-y, but that would be ok for the uses I'm doing at the moment....
    edited December 1969

I cannot SAVE this figure through the SAVE... menu, but I can drag it to the browser to save it...

• westcpwwestcpw Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

um probably not the right place

im looking to buy the cyborg for v4 and wanting to know if you can load like just an arm or leg or hand etc or if you have to load the whole figure onto v4?

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

westcp said:
    um probably not the right place

im looking to buy the cyborg for v4 and wanting to know if you can load like just an arm or leg or hand etc or if you have to load the whole figure onto v4?

This is an independent figure and doesn't require V4.
    I you are looking to make V4 a robot; you need something like Aikobot 2; Bot Armor or Fembot for V4; Fembot 2.0