anything glows

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!! i just search on the forum, as questions about how to do with anythin glows lamps are often submitted, but I didn't find!... If somebody can point me at a precedent question (or answer), thank you!!!

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This might help:
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=189211

Is there a specific question, or an issue you are having with A_GLOWS?

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    edited December 1969

I'm not able to open Carrara right now, but I did have to learn something about "Anything Glows". As I recall, just dropping it on an item causes it to show up under the item, but you still have to type in the name of the item in the properties at the right. And I recall it has to be spelled exactly right (case sensitive) and maybe the name of the item has to be unique. I think.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    I'm not able to open Carrara right now, but I did have to learn something about "Anything Glows". As I recall, just dropping it on an item causes it to show up under the item, but you still have to type in the name of the item in the properties at the right. And I recall it has to be spelled exactly right (case sensitive) and maybe the name of the item has to be unique. I think.

Yes, the name has to be unique, otherwise I believe it will default to the first item that was loaded by that name (I am not sure, but anyway the name needs to be unique).
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I usually just copy/paste the name of the object that gets AG.

An important thing for people new to Carrara to remember, is that Anything Glows turns the object into a light source, but it does not make the object itself glow. So if you model a light bulb and apply AG to the filament, it will emit light, but it will not appear white hot. You would need to use the glow channel in the filament's shader to give it the white hot look.