Teen Angst Poses and Expressions [Commercial]

Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Now in the store, Teen Angst Poses and Expressions for Julie!

Full-body poses plus upper-and-lower-body breakout poses; Facial
expressions and eye positions (for the eye rolling no Teen can do
without), and a poseable notebook and pencil with a special hand pose
for the pencil. All 100% filled with genuine Teen Angst!

All pose presets were saved without character shapes or eye positions
(except for the specifically-eye-position ones), so with a bit of
tweaking they will work for other Genesis shapes. Poser 9/2012
compatible via DSON.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/teen-angst-poses-and-expressions

Thanks for looking! And please post renders in this thread if you've got 'em!

Comments

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Now for the really important info: what are all these Angst-filled
    Teens wearing?

Everything is from the DAZ store unless otherwise indicated. Left to
    right in the attached promo/wallpaper:

Petulant Dancey Teen: Pure Hair Casual, Luminous Casual Hair, V4
    Ballet Sweater, V4 Leotard 2, Roxana Yaraslovna pants, Windwhistle
    Road skirt Cuban Diablo Shoes. The shoes & pants are from the Genesis
    Classics bundle, and the Ballet stuff is from Littlefox at RDNA. I
    used autofit on all the V4 stuff including the WW skirt.

Angry Casual Teen: Pure Hair Lovely, Everyday 1950 shirt, FM Jeans,
    Home Slipperzz

Woeful Punky Teen: Lady of the Lake Hair, Jasmin Camisole Top,
    Timeless Fantasy corset, Anime School Girl Uniform skirt, Sci Fi Boots
    for Genesis (from the classics bundle)

Morose Sporty Teen: Cool Sports for Genesis, Everyday 1950 sunglasses,
    Genesis trainers (from the classics bundle)

Insecure Popular Teen: Nerissa Hair, YDress for Genesis, Perfect
    Shoes. The texture on YDress is from Parrotdolphin's Floral Materials
    set at Renderosity.

And the figure, of course, is Young Teen Julie by Thorne & Sarsa, with
    a little diffuse-color "lipstick" applied under her default texture.

angstpopup_9.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 239K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

I Bought this as soon as it appeared in the store.. Simply love this set and its more value because you can combine upper and lower parts. Hope you make more of these in the future. I am even combining the top half of this set with poses from other sets and vice versa lol.

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the clothing info, Canary.

I know it's not your product, but do you know what hair Emelie is using in the Odd bundle promos?

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I Bought this as soon as it appeared in the store.. Simply love this set and its more value because you can combine upper and lower parts. Hope you make more of these in the future. I am even combining the top half of this set with poses from other sets and vice versa lol.

Thanks, Zev! I had a lot of fun doing this set and I am planning to do more pose sets...soon, even :)

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

A great product, should come in handy for folks.

although I don't know any Parents that want more Teen Angst... :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:

I don't know any parent that would let their teen wear many of the textures for the odd wear tops (STFU for teens?) or most of the piercings depicted.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Really good set, carted immediately. Don't forget the guys Miss Canary! :coolgrin:

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

I don't know any parent that would let their teen wear many of the textures for the odd wear tops (STFU for teens?) or most of the piercings depicted.

Well to each their own really. These teens(Odds & OddWear) are hoping to represent an older Teen, 16/17 etc. Closer to adult then say 12 or 13. I know my 14 year old has lots of tees like that and some of her friends have worse. And the piercing pack is not JUST for the teens in all fairness, tho it was launched with them cause it ties in. Maybe coming from Cali Im a bit more relaxed about those things but kids like Emelie and Edward are all over the place. I could take a trip to the mall and see 1 out of 3 liek that or worse

And personally Id rather my teen wear a shirt that says OMG STFU instead of Justin Beiber or One Direction >.>

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

These look really useful and well done; I was wondering how they look with the male teen figure.
    Usually I would presume that they work ok but as all the promo's are using females it made me wonder how much tweaking is required?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

HAHAHAHA. That was good Silver. Your right too. ... uh, if I had kids that is. I think SOME kids pierce their bodies. I have one very well to do client who's daughter pierced her tongue and got those weird spacer holes in her ears and then did the eyebrows. She's since gotten over it and hopes the spacers will eventually heal up but I reminded Karen that it's better this than tattoos and drugs.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited January 2013

Rareth said:

There's one right here. :)

My non-goth, geekette tomboy of a (12 year old) daughter identified 5 tops that she would wear (neither of the pink ones), and only two of sixteen (not ones she picked) raised an eyebrow for me, which means that if she didn't have uniforms, I wouldn't let her wear them to school.

As for the piercings... okay, yeah, that I'm a bit more conservative on... in that if she wants more than her ears pierced, she has to wait until she's 16 and pay for them herself. (and anything that can't be shown due to TOS has to wait until she's at college. Away at college.)

On the topic of the poses... No I don't need any more teen angst, but my Genesis Young Teens do. :D

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

Silver said:

Well to each their own really. These teens(Odds & OddWear) are hoping to represent an older Teen, 16/17 etc. Closer to adult then say 12 or 13. I know my 14 year old has lots of tees like that and some of her friends have worse. And the piercing pack is not JUST for the teens in all fairness, tho it was launched with them cause it ties in. Maybe coming from Cali Im a bit more relaxed about those things but kids like Emelie and Edward are all over the place. I could take a trip to the mall and see 1 out of 3 liek that or worse

And personally Id rather my teen wear a shirt that says OMG STFU instead of Justin Beiber or One Direction >.>

Your right, to each their own. I have lived in L.A., ex rock musician, i am open minded and have worn way worse on stage and in public, and I agree, you see this where kids hang out. I have tats and piercings also. There are lots of psychology teachings we could bring to the table as to why kids look and dress this way, but this isn't the time or place. Needless to say, my 15 yr old understands and happily accepts she will not wear offensive language on her person or have any tats or piercings other than her ears until she is an adult and able to make her own decisions responsibly without peer pressure or societys input and knows that I will support her and anything she does along these lines after she is an adult

edited December 1969

I think these poses will "fit" Justin but they may not look quite right, because a boy's pelvis is different from a girl's so their body language is different, leg stance is different, etc., and I think boys in our culture are discouraged from touching their faces or otherwise expressing emotions through their hands in the ways that girls do. I just did girls because I was very much drawing on my own memory of myself as a teen :)

I do have some ideas for the guys, including Justin, and people are reacting very kindly to this pose set so far, so I definitely plan to do more poses as soon as my current couple of projects are done.

Meanwhile I'll do some tests tonight with Justin and post some renders in this thread, ok?

edited December 1969

Rareth said:

If you have a good school backpack, your parents really don't need to know about a fairly large number of forbidden wardrobe items ;)

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And another satisfied costumer :)

Thank you!

edited January 2013

Thanks!

Here's a fun fact: the text in Julie's notebook is an excerpt from my own dream notebooks (but in a font; my handwriting is not legible).

Post edited by Canary3d on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    Thanks!

Here's a fun fact: the text in Julie's notebook is an excerpt from my own dream notebooks (but in a font; my handwriting is not legible).

Nice to know...thanks for the great poses they went straight into the trolley along with the clothing and the characters. I would have gotten the piercings but already had stuff in the trolley. Unfortunately can't afford everything I had to wishlist about 5 items so much good stuff coming through at the moment.
  • DemonicaEviliusDemonicaEvilius Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

These poses and expressions are fabulous!!! I wish we had them available for the Odds' promos :D They fit so, so well :D .... The notepad is a very clever addition aswell, will be purchasing this on pay day, tis in my cart waiting! :D lol

edited December 1969

Thanks, DE! I love the Odds set and I'm really happy they featured my poses along with your cool characters & clothes, they do go perfectly together (and I'm loving playing with the characters...I want their tee shirts in real life!).

edited December 1969

These look really useful and well done; I was wondering how they look with the male teen figure.
    Usually I would presume that they work ok but as all the promo's are using females it made me wonder how much tweaking is required?

So, I tested the poses with Justin last night but didn't get to do any renders yet because mommy stuff intervened (kids just don't understand how important 3d is!!!). But here's the result:

For Justin and for most other actual-human Genesis figures (as opposed to trolls and stuff), the poses where the body parts don't touch each other should work fine. The expressions work fine on a pretty wide range of characters and they work perfectly on Justin.

Poses where the hands are touching the face or body will require some adjustment with Justin, because he is scaled a bit differently. Same for other Genesis characters - the hands tend to be too far away from the face but in some cases they intersect. Tweakable, but not the one-click you get if you're using Julie.

Poses where the legs are crossed or they intersect the arms in some way will also require tweaking for characters who are scaled differently from Julie. Also many of the leg poses are specific to a female physique and won't look right on a boy even if they fit. These would need to be tweaked a bit to square out the pelvis a little more, I think.

So, based on all that, I'd say that probably half the poses will fit Justin, with some of them only looking right in the top half (I do have the top halves split out to be used mix-n-match with different bottoms), and all of the expressions will work.

Oh and the notebook cover and interior are mapped in plain squares in pretty common sizes, so you can slap just about any image on the cover without editing it, and the same for the inside - the UV for each flat section goes edge-to-edge on the texture so you can download any portrait-oriented image from anyplace and use it for a notebook cover. The pencil is pretty straightforward mapping too, and nowadays pretty much everything I model works with square tiling shaders. So you can switch the girly notebook to a dudely notebook with just a few steps.

Hope that helps a bit! :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for that it is extremely helpful.

And kids have no idea of what is important, my son seems to think that being fed is as important if not more so than 3D.

edited January 2013

Here are some quick Justin renders - you can see the gaps between his face & fists, and his elbows and his knees in the one pose. The other pose works well but maybe isn't very boyish.

Justin_Angst_3.jpg
    500 x 800 - 136K
    Justin_Angst_2.jpg
    500 x 800 - 57K
    Justin_Angst_1.jpg
    500 x 800 - 77K
    Post edited by Canary3d on