V4 Muscle Morphs / Maps dials not showing up

nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Something I haven't tripped over before:

I got the V4 Muscle Morph/Map bundle on the sale yesterday. Install uneventful, initialization uneventful. Maps show up and easy to apply. Muscle Poses show up.

Morphs show up grouped with the rest of the V4 morph packages I've purchased, and they show up as individual icons if I click on the Muscle group, so everything seems to be in order.

I can inject them, en masse or individually, but can't figure how to apply them. The dials to apply the morphs aren't showing up, so I can't actually use the morphs.

The extensive readme that comes with Muscle Morphs has a lot promo information about V4, but I didn't see any mention of special processes required to use the actual Muscle Morph product.

I did see an earlier forum post about exp-something-or-other files, but didn't really follow the terse explanation, and nothing like that is mentioned at all in the product readme file. The product page clearly identifies Muscle Morphs as a Studio-usable product, and it does install uneventfully, and I do have the prerequisite Morphs++...

Does anyone know how to actually set up and use the V4 Muscle Morphs product in Studio 4.5...114?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

Ok first things first. Are they in the Parameters Pane when V4 is selected like the image below shows.? If not we can the next step.

MuslceV4.jpg
    986 x 857 - 355K
    Post edited by Szark on
  • nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Szark,

No, they aren't. I have Elite, and Morphs++, as usual, but no Muscle.

edited November 2012

Next try running the .bat file for V4 Find DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat and double click on it and it will do its thing in DOS. Then open Daz Studio back up and see if they show.

You should find this file DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat, on youir hard drive,in your Runtime folder where you installed V4 Muslce morphs which hopefuly is that same place as V4 is installed to. ********************\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Thank you, again, Szark,

I won't have a chance to try that until later, but will reply again on Monday with a yea-or-nay.

The folder that Muscle installed to is the one the installer chose. It does seem correct, as the Muscle Poses show up where the V4 res maps and Elite and Morphs++ are.

If the .bat file is in there somewhere, I'm sure I can find it from your directions.

edited December 1969

Hey, Szark,

Running the ExP batch file worked. The "Muscle" label shows up, and the morph sliders under it. Thank you.

One odd thing; after trying the range of morphs, sliding to one and back to zero each time, so there were no cumulative morph applications, I happened to glance at my ram usage, and it was up to 81% of 4Gb.

That's more than I've ever seen my machine use for anything. Even large scenes have never gone over 50%. This scene was only V4 by itself, and one default camera, no lights, no props, etc..

Ram usage just sat there at 81% until I deleted the figure, still with no morphs currently applied, and then the usage dropped to the usual 23-24% for OS.

Anyone ever seen that?

edited December 1969

Great just remember when adding more morphs sets like this for V, M and K 4 remember to run the bat after installing. With Genesis we don't have to do anything.

Oh yeah many have seen it. I can't use DS4.5 like I did with DS4 or DS3A without it crashing due running out of memory. Some don't have any issues due to having more memory and all the computers we have in the house combined with newer memory pipelines etc.

edited December 1969

On the Muscle Morph memory malfunction:

I haven't used the product since that first Ram-hogging episode, but decided to reinstall and try again.

Trying to remove it, when it immediately started ram-hogging again, was a problem, and seems to be pointing to the flaw in the

software, because there is definitely a flaw in V4 Muscle Morphs, as they run in Studio 4.5.

I injected the morphs, experimented for a few minutes, decided to remove the morphs, and when I hit REM, the Ram usage spiked to 4Gb, all I have installed. It stayed there, locking up 99-100% of all the ram I have, and after ten minutes of nothing happening, I had to crash the program via Task Manager to get my computer back.

So the outrageous ram-sucking is not a normal function. It's a definite malfunction.

It may be related to another "apparent" malfunction in that software, at least as it downloaded to me

It acts as if zeroing a given muscle morph after it's applied doesn't release the memory allocation it was using, so the usage just climbs and climbs with every morph applied, till there's no ram left for the machine to work with. I'm not a programmer; but I did watch carefully as I applied and zeroed several morphs in a row.

Ram usage climbed on application, and didn't reduce on zero. That doesn't make sense, and no other of the several morph sets I have for V4 or Genesis does that. Most of them are hardly noticeable in terms of ram-usage, yet very effective.

Tomlinson's entire Sacrament set doesn't use 4Gb of Ram on my machine, so a small morph application shouldn't come anywhere near that usage. No other Daz product that I have uses anything like that much ram. Something's wrong with the product.

In any case, though the product is defective, my "refund" period has expired so I'm wondering if anyone else, using Studio 4.5.1.6, with Windows 7 64 bit, has been able to effectively use the V4 Muscle Morphs.

Seems like it would be a great product if it worked. Some products I would like to have require Muscle Morphs, that was one reason I purchased in the first place, but it doesn't leave any ram for any other software to run on.

I did also notice that most of the way-more-than-usually extensive Readme is about Poser. Are V4 Muscle Morphs, then, a Poser-only?

edited December 1969

I can't check them in DS4.5.1.6 or Daz Studio at all...no computer anymore...anyhoo I have used them in the past on Genesis with Genx and with V4 in Ds4/4.5 with no problems. I only time I had memory issues was at rendering. I was only running a 32bit system with 3.25 of usable ram, Vista, Dual Core 2 6 Mhz

edited December 1969

That's okay; thanks anyway Szark. I'll post it to Nut's-n-Bolts.

edited December 1969

Yeah pretty frustrating not having my own computer now...having to wait for my wife laptop to be free is a pain and no the laptop won't run Daz Studio 3 pr 4/4.5, I have tired. LOL