Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Thank you for all the info and a look at your work flow. I also have stayed away from DS4.5 for my Animation needs and will stay away longer now that I have read your reasons. I have printed out your tips to help me as I go along. All I need now is the skill to do better but I'm hoping that will come with more experiance. Thank you for your time.

Jeff
    Animation is a lot of trial and error and practice. Learning what to do and not to do come with time.

what help me the most is I use the same file tree technique in animation as I do when building web sites. which is what I learned in school. So I applied that knowledge to my daz & poser art. which helped me a lot.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Ivy some good info - thank you .
    Jeff if you look at what Ivy is using - I think you would be better off with iClone and 3dexchange which
    work well together .
    Or go with game software such as this - its free ( don't know if will do what you want ) .
    http://www.crydev.net/dm_eds/download_detail.php?id=4

Good advice Bigh, I agree you have got to be comfortable with the software your using to be able to accomplish your goals.

edited December 1969

these are a few animation scenes I completed last night. from the Apple wood animation

scene_54.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 356K
    scene_50.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 391K
    scene_49.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 310K
    edited December 1969

These are some more screen shots from test renders I took from the animation i am working on. So far I got about 5 minutes rendered and 70% of the sound is completed. so it shouldn't be too long. Stay tuned :)

scene_70.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 165K
    scene_62.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 185K
    scene_56.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 220K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    These are some more screen shots from test renders I took from the animation i am working on. So far I got about 5 minutes rendered and 70% of the sound is completed. so it shouldn't be too long. Stay tuned :)

waiting - should be fun to watch

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Wow, these are looking interesting, looks like an in depth storyline. Looking forward to it :)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,218
    edited December 1969

The screenshots suggest a great action adventure with a big expansive story, quite the task to pull this off. Well done. Give us a link when its done. And I have to agree, you pick the tools that work best for you. There's enough to think about without battling your resources too.

edited January 2013

The screenshots suggest a great action adventure with a big expansive story, quite the task to pull this off. Well done. Give us a link when its done. And I have to agree, you pick the tools that work best for you. There's enough to think about without battling your resources too.

Thank you for your comment and interest in my project.
    i will most definitely will post a link when its done. I have about another week to finish the film still :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

New Dawn ~ of the dark ages

In the distant future a major event took place, that caused the world economy to collapse
    and society broke down into chaos. Those who survived were out of control government militia's
    and people who have learned to live off the land to fight for their freedom to live.
    Our story begins.

This story has been approved by the mpaa.org on 12/21/2012
    (This film is not yet been made public so I am releasing this as a promotion preview before public viewing. so you saw it here first.
    Additional credits at the end of the film) comments welcomed Created with Daz studio & pp2012, edited with Adolbe Premier pro cs5
    All sound effects were created by me using a H2N Zoom MP3/Wav recorder and a RMS keyboard. Truck and jeep sounds were recorded live using H2N Zoom MP3/Wav recorder and my own vehicles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3IGoEzD3s

New_Dawn_promo_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 215K
    edited December 1969

In the distant future a major event took place, that caused the world economy to collapse
    and society broke down into chaos. Those who survived were out of control government militia’s
    and people who have learned to live off the land to fight for their freedom to live.
    Our story begins.

(This film is not yet been made public so I am releasing this as a promotion preview before public viewing. so you saw it here first.
    Additional credits at the end of the film) comments welcomed Created with Daz studio & pp2012, edited with Adolbe Premier pro cs5
    All sound effects were created by me using a H2N Zoom MP3/Wav recorder and a RMS keyboard. Truck and jeep sounds were recorded live using H2N Zoom MP3/Wav recorder and my own vehicles

New_Dawn_promo_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 215K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wonderfull, that's all I can say. Just fine fun from start to end.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

fantastic video Ivy! you are really talented and hope you did not annoy the neighbours hooning around in your cars!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

and society broke down into chaos. Those who survived were out of control government militia’s
    Our story begins.

great job - waiting for next one ;-)

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Ivy said:

Our story begins.

great job - waiting for next one ;-)

Thank you Bigh I appreciate your support

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Wonderfull, that's all I can say. Just fine fun from start to end.

Thank you very much Jaderai it took me a while to make :)

edited December 1969

fantastic video Ivy! you are really talented and hope you did not annoy the neighbours hooning around in your cars!

Thank you so much Wendy, I had my husband drove his old army jeep and then his old ford pick up around and i held the mp3 recorder. you should hear some of the conversation of that trip...lol

The helicopters sounds I went to tri-city's airport to the national guard base and they and let me tape their helicopters during their fight training exercises as long as I stayerd off the tarmac

The explosion and machine guns sounds I did using the gun effects channel on my RMS keyboard.

I think my classes are helping me a lot in my work. the prop blur and some of the ruins i made myself in 3ds which was cool to see in the animation

My only issue i was having during this process was the green reflection reacting to the IDL light source which sometimes gave a gray look to the characters. I think that happen because of the large amount of green textures in the back ground

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Good work, Ivy, some interesting terrains and camera angles.

She can shoot two arrows at once? Pretty deadly ...

:ohh:

edited January 2013

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:

Thanks steve for the kind words..

this is just episode one of 3 more 8 to 10 minute animations of this series.
    but It appears I must have made this animation too good. because right now I'm having a issues with google over the Daz EULA, on what i used for my animated 3d content and software. . Youtube thought it was created with a video game animation platform stock.. .lol.properly because i used Adobe premiere pro to upload directly to youtube.

so I sent them the Daz's Eula about using Daz content in rendered animation. which I had got from Chohol , so hopefully that should clear the mess up soon so i can start the other animations.

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Steve K said:
    Ivy said:

Thanks steve for the kind words..

this is just episode one of 3 more 8 to 10 minute animations of this series.
    but It appears I must have made this animation too good. because right now I'm having a issues with google over the Daz EULA, on what i used for my animated 3d content and software. . Youtube thought it was created with a video game animation platform stock.. .lol.properly because i used Adobe premiere pro to upload directly to youtube.

so I sent them the Daz's Eula about using Daz content in rendered animation. which I had got from Chohol , so hopefully that should clear the mess up soon so i can start the other animations.

I want to just update this post and let everyone know google release my video where they though i was using renders video game software. I cleared this using the Daz EULA in case anyone else has a problem with YouTube and using rendered daz content.
    the EULA is n this link. https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/123876-what-is-daz-3d-s-end-user-license-agreement-eula

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    ... because right now I'm having a issues with google over the Daz EULA, on what i used for my animated 3d content and software. . Youtube thought it was created with a video game animation platform stock.. .lol.properly because i used Adobe premiere pro to upload directly to youtube.

That surprises me. There are a LOT of videos on YouTube using captured game footage. And I had a series of discussions with the 48 Hour Film folks about using game footage in my animated entry. I even exchanged emails with Rockstar's tech support ("Grand Theft Auto 4", etc.) who felt that "fan films" were OK, as long as no one was making money. But the tech support folks asked me to check with the Rockstar legal folks, and they never answered (as expected).

The funny part is that the 48 Hour Film people also run a "Machinima" contest, which consists entirely of game footage. Also, Rockstar's "Grand Theft Auto 4" includes a capture feature, and even a pretty strong video editor to create videos from game footage.

I did not intend to make any money, and in fact was spending several hundred $ to enter. But the 48 Hour folks were nervous since they sell DVD compilations. Not very many, mostly just to the teams that enter. But I still decided to drop the idea, since it wasn't a big deal for me.

I recently got the Elgato game capture device for Xbox 360 and PS3, a really nice design. I am in the process of making a test animation with footage from Rockstar's "L.A. Noire" and "Red Dead Redemption".

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
    :coolsmile:

edited January 2013

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:
    ... because right now I'm having a issues with google over the Daz EULA, on what i used for my animated 3d content and software. . Youtube thought it was created with a video game animation platform stock.. .lol.properly because i used Adobe premiere pro to upload directly to youtube.

That surprises me. There are a LOT of videos on YouTube using captured game footage. And I had a series of discussions with the 48 Hour Film folks about using game footage in my animated entry. I even exchanged emails with Rockstar's tech support ("Grand Theft Auto 4", etc.) who felt that "fan films" were OK, as long as no one was making money. But the tech support folks asked me to check with the Rockstar legal folks, and they never answered (as expected).

The funny part is that the 48 Hour Film people also run a "Machinima" contest, which consists entirely of game footage. Also, Rockstar's "Grand Theft Auto 4" includes a capture feature, and even a pretty strong video editor to create videos from game footage.

I did not intend to make any money, and in fact was spending several hundred $ to enter. But the 48 Hour folks were nervous since they sell DVD compilations. Not very many, mostly just to the teams that enter. But I still decided to drop the idea, since it wasn't a big deal for me.

I recently got the Elgato game capture device for Xbox 360 and PS3, a really nice design. I am in the process of making a test animation with footage from Rockstar's "L.A. Noire" and "Red Dead Redemption".

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
    :coolsmile:

lol i use that quote all the time. from Eragon .lol
    this is is a copy of what Yotube sent me about my video content
    First time i got something like this from yotube. I just assumed i made the animation to good...lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (x) YouTube

Dear Ivy Summers,

Thanks for submitting your recent video “New Dawn ~ of the dark ages” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3IGoEzD3s) We need more information to consider your video for further review provided you verify that you are authorized to use all of the visual elements in your video such as:

Images, video games, or software visuals licensed for commercial / non-commercial use require a copy of a license agreement, or a link to the terms
    Original visuals from third parties require written permission from the rights owner(s) stating that you are permitted to use their content containing the video’s URL
    For visuals in the public domain, please link us to a primary (original or scholarly) source proving this information

Please submit your additional information( Here-hyperlink) Note that we may disapprove your video for public viewing if we do not hear from you within 14 days.

YouTube reserves the right to make the final decision to whether allow a video, and may disable user privileges for users who repeatedly submit ineligible videos.

Thanks,

The YouTube Team
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Edited your post to shorten the spacer lines, so they no longer screwed up the forum formatting. THanks.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,218
    edited December 1969

It is unfortunate you were having these problems with the youtube/google folks, hopefully its all straightened out now, so you can upload the next episode in the series. I'm surprised because there's quite a bit of copyright fringing content on youtube, everything from music to art to videogame and movies, and they don't seem to take those ones down.

edited January 2013

It is unfortunate you were having these problems with the youtube/google folks, hopefully its all straightened out now, so you can upload the next episode in the series. I'm surprised because there's quite a bit of copyright fringing content on youtube, everything from music to art to videogame and movies, and they don't seem to take those ones down.

thanks for the comment .. the mess has all been cleared up thanks to Daz EULA they had one line.
    I think YouTube is starting to crack down on their partners on content. the sounds file i created myself and the music file i had a license for.
    I don;t think Youtube actually watch the films or read the video descriptions.
    because I have got notices before on my content for the music i use but never the visual part of my videos so maybe its something new.
    I pretty much a stickler when it comes to giving credit and making sure everything i post is legal.
    in fact every video animation i create I post my copyright information on my web site for the animation just in case anyone try to make a claim on it. heres the one for this animation http://www.ivysdomain.com/Animation-film-data/New-dawn-copyright-information.html

But anyway its all cleared up and the film is now public.. https://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1?feature=mhee

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Edited your post to shorten the spacer lines, so they no longer screwed up the forum formatting. THanks.

I didn't see any difference on the post so thanks chohole :)
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

I received that same email after I decided to monetize my videos.
    as with you Cho suggested linking the EULA, also listed all my software inc Melody assistant and any non-original compositions the public domain or creative commons links for them as I only use such stuff unless I choose audioswap in which case monetization is not an option.
    all ok now, except I have not seen any money!
    my earnings still show zero including on one that got 200 000 views in a week after someone stickied it on 4chan forum to riddicle!

• solomonsolomon Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

thanks for the comment .. the mess has all been cleared up thanks to Daz EULA they had one line.
    I think YouTube is starting to crack down on their partners on content. the sounds file i created myself and the music file i had a license for.
    because I have got notices before on my content for the music i use but never the visual part of my videos so maybe its something new.
    I pretty much a stickler when it comes to giving credit and making sure everything i post is legal.
    in fact every video animation i create I post my copyright information on my web site for the animation just in case anyone try to make a claim on it. heres the one for this animation http://www.ivysdomain.com/Animation-film-data/New-dawn-copyright-information.html

But anyway its all cleared up and the film is now public.. https://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1?feature=mhee

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Youtube is definitely cracking down. I read a thread on cgsociety of how Google wiped out views from people who were bumping up their videos on youtube with hackers' help. Big studios payed the price in the crack down.

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

this is is a copy of what Yotube sent me about my video content
    First time i got something like this from yotube. I just assumed i made the animation to good...lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (x) YouTube

Dear Ivy Summers,

The problem is apparently "commercial" videos. In my case with the 48 Hour Film Project, as I mentioned, I had no intention of making any money. And they require a LOT of paperwork, including releases for everything involved - team members, locations, and especially music (I use only royalty free music e.g. Digital Juice, and submit the EULA). But the entry form gives the contest the right to sell compilation DVD's, and I think there is a money sharing plan for the team. So that made them nervous about Rockstar's policy of use of game footage for profit. I didn't think that made the product "commercial" (they mostly sell to participants, plus their friends and families), but it wasn't a big enough deal for me to argue. I was only going to have the game footage showing on a TV screen with people playing it, so I created my own "game footage".

In your case, it sounds like a misunderstanding from the outset, i.e. no game capture involved. We'll see what happens with my Youtube upload with a lot of game capture - I suspect nothing since I don't "monetize", and Rockstar has no problem with non-commercial "fan videos".

edited December 1969

I received that same email after I decided to monetize my videos.
    as with you Cho suggested linking the EULA, also listed all my software inc Melody assistant and any non-original compositions the public domain or creative commons links for them as I only use such stuff unless I choose audioswap in which case monetization is not an option.
    all ok now, except I have not seen any money!
    my earnings still show zero including on one that got 200 000 views in a week after someone stickied it on 4chan forum to riddicle!

I thank your right. I guess it a good thing I always keep a lst of where i got the items i am using in my videos.
    Youtube even questioned a video i had where i am playing my guitar

edited December 1969

solomon said:
    Ivy said:

[/quote

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Youtube is definitely cracking down. I read a thread on cgsociety of how Google wiped out views from people who were bumping up their videos on youtube with hackers' help. Big studios payed the price in the crack down.

After all this extra stuff we have to do to make a animation I hope it helps clean up the YouTube Troll population..lol