terms and conditions

lijlijlijntjelijlijlijntje Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello Everybody!

Hope your fine!

I am using Daz only for a while. I have clicked though the whole install process quickly before, but now I would like to read the terms a bit better. Where can I find them again?

Also, I would like to know how and when I can use the Daz avatars/genesis actors that I made in other software and final artwork. I would like to find a way to model some garments and show them on a custom avatar, but I would need to know if I am allowed. Can I make animation and film or whatever and just sell the film for example, with a daz genesis actor in it?

Could somebody send me a link to some valid information about this?

Thank you,
kind regards,
marjolein

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited June 2012

The only one that is available at this time is the Gaming EULA which is different than the General EULA.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited June 2012

HI lijlijlijntje :)

The End User Licence Agreement is part of every installer for every product sold here,
    (it's that part you have to agree to, before you can install the software, or any products you purchase in the store.

You can run any product installer, and read that agreement,.
    then cancel the installation process. by choosing.. ( I do not accept the agreement ) (see pic)

In simple terms, you can use the products to create 2D images and animations, and those images and animations are YOUR work.
    You can sell Your work,.(the images you create using the software and the models you've purchased licences to use)

You cannot redistribute the 3D models, or Software, or break apart any of the models or software, and you cannot try to sell the models or software as your own.

As with all things legal,.. you should read the agreement "fully" for each product, as the terms may be different for Software, and Models.

Hope it helps :)

Oops : I'm too slow at typing ..

EULA.jpg
    668 x 382 - 122K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited June 2012

There have been some recent changes to the EULA agreement that have not been included in some of the older content installers. You can find the most current EULA here:

Link removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • lijlijlijntjelijlijlijntje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

I know, but I forgot most that was in, just wanted to double check!

Great, thanks!!!!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

I've removed the link from jasmine's post as it is not the correct one - that is the EULA that goes with the Game Developer Licenses. The on-line versions of the regular content and application licenses have been lost in the site upgrade, this has been reported to DAZ.

• lijlijlijntjelijlijlijntje Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Ok, so there is going to be a version online in the future. When will it be back up? Can you post that link here than? thank you in any case!

Post edited by lijlijlijntje on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

I've no idea when the EULAs will return (there are at least two, one for content and one for applications). I would hope soon.