Auto magnetized prop (with bone) for genesis figure

kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
edited June 2012 in New Users

(I understand Preferences File loading option,and check "auto magnetized" )

I have tryed reforming V4 sword (not .obj prop , it has bones, and "fit to" V4 automatically)

so I do not know, which guys call the weapon, "prop" or "figure"?) to sword for genesis.

I used transfer utility and remove some bones, then correct weight maps.

It is not perfect, but It fit genesis shape , and It can use "original movement preset for the weapon".
(the pose preset just turned the direciton of the weapon in hand, but It could not be used before,
when I used transfer utility only, so I needed adjustting weight map and rigging bones)

then, I find when I load the new sword on genesis, It never auto magnetite with genesis (not "fit to")
Of course, I know , I need not it parented with genesis hand.

How can I auto magnetize The conformed sword (with bone and triax weight mapped, figure) with genesis?

Though I can "fit" the sword "to" genesis, If I change "general propertie" fit to value,
and the sword sets in genesis hand correctly.

I want it auto magnetized with genesis, when I load it.

Is there another option for "auto magnetize item" in "transfer utility" or "save as figure"?

Post edited by kitakoredaz on

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi kitakoredazu :)

Firstly, A sword, or any other hand held weapon, is normally simply a Prop, and not a Figure.

The definition of a "Prop" is, an object which does not have "Bones"

When you add Bones to an object,. it becomes a "Figure"

In Daz Studio,. Poser, or Carrara,.
    If you have the main figure selected,.. then you double click to load another figure, it should auto "Fit to" the first figure.

For example:
    If you have Genesis selected in your scene,. then you load a clothing figure, (like a shirt, pants, or dress), then it will automatically "Fit to" the selected genesis figure.

Using a "Prop" sword,.. it could be placed in either hand, and Parented to that hand to follow the movements of the figure.
    It can also be placed anywhere else the scene. this makes it more useful as a Prop.

By making the sword into a conforming figure,. the sword is fixed in position, in only one hand.
    it cannot be easily swapped to the other hand,. and it's movements may also be restricted by the joint rotation limits of the bones.

Hope it helps :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Auto-magnetise is not connected with fitting items to a figure. Some figures, notably Victoria 4, use magnets attached to the figure to adjust it as it is posed and those magnets also need to affect the clothes if poke-through (body parts sticking through the clothes) is to be avoided. Auto-magnetise automatically applies any magnets that are affecting a figure to other figures that are fitted to that figure.

Auto-fitting seems to depend on having meta-data for the item. However, if, instead of double-clicking on it in the Content Library, you drag it out of the Content Library and drop it on the figure it will usually fit to the figure.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

thanks advices, so I reformed V4 sword (figure =Because the product had bones yet, actually) to sword figure,, maybe,,

then

@3DAGE ( so thanks for your many advices on another topics, I could study manythings by them)

If you have the main figure selected,.. then you double click to load another figure, it should auto “Fit to” the first figure.

For example:
    If you have Genesis selected in your scene,. then you load a clothing figure, (like a shirt, pants, or dress), then it will automatically “Fit to” the selected genesis figure.

Yeah, I think so, but My sword (it has bones and I can fit it to genesis, and it move with genesis and change shapes automatically
    by genesis morph) does not fit genesis. of course I select genesis and load the figure(sword)
    check my picture please,,(but I can the sword fit to genesis by change propeties (not move it manually))

@Richard Haseltine
    wao,,, I mistook about Auto-magnetise ,,, I thought it means" fit to" automatically.
    about magnets (D-forms?) ,,

Auto-fitting seems to depend on having meta-data for the item

yeah,, I think so, and I set meta-data every items and set them my products, (just only categorize and search it in smart contents)
    and I set it compatibility with "genesis",

then, I think if my mistake is I setted category "prop" "weapon"? so it did not fit automatically?
    so, how I categorize it? weapon is in prop category, is not it? anyway I try categorize it other category.

sword_gen.JPG
    682 x 483 - 62K
    v4sword.JPG
    736 x 637 - 53K
    edited December 1969

now I tryed drug loading from contents library, yes, the sword "fit to" genesis, thanks richard.

then, I try categorize it again on another category (,,,accessory,,) in meta-data ,
    no, it can not auto fit genesis.

so I check again,,

Yeahhhh,,,, richard is right always,,

I got it,, I need change "Type" of meta-data,, not category,, thanks !!
    If weapons have bones , I should set the type as accessory, then it auto-fit genesis.

;-)

type.jpg
    412 x 371 - 31K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI

weapon is in prop category, is not it?

Not if it has Bones,.. it's not a Prop,.. it's a Figure.

Figures have Bones.
    Props have no bones.

One other thing,...
    In you pic, you have written V4,
    Are the bones you used to make the sword from V4 ? ...or from genesis?
    edited December 1969

@3dage

Yeah, I think so, but when categorize it, I thought just category, so it is better to call "prop - weapon."
    for search it from smart contents.

CMS and meta-data do not forgive my mistake never :coolcheese:

and, I felt it is difficult to ask the question.

because the product (phantasie for V4) is so meticulous that the sword has bones (and move preset to turn 180degree)
    I have never seen such weapon, in another products, and if I ask it many men will think "that is a prop, he made mistake hehe,,"

Are the bones you used to make the sword from V4 ? ...or from genesis?

and the picture is to tell the products had bones already.

I used transfer utiltity ,then copy bones from genesis to the sword.
    then remove some bones , adjust bone sizes. and weight mapped for original pose preset (yes it moves bone) with products.
    (if I click it, turend weapon 180 , cool !!)