Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hi DAN. Pop over to the New Users Help Forum and you can ask questions to your hearts content. People there are just waiting to give you some help and answers. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/97/

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ Forums Scott, Jim, Steve and Dan, and welcome to your latest addiction. :-)

• GeroblueJimGeroblueJim Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Welcome you all !

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Welcome to the DAZ Forums Scott, Jim, Steve and Dan, and welcome to your latest addiction. :-)

Agree! Welcome to the forums. If you have any questions please visit us in the New Users forums

• v.a.kellyv.a.kelly Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi everybody am a newbie to virtual reality and now I'm hooked on DAZ lol!
    Hope to meet all you wonderful creative peeps & learn lots on here ;~} Valz

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Welcome Valz, enjoy yourself and visit us in the New Users Help forum when did some info.

• zuijlenzuijlen Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

I'm hardly a new user, but since any posts I had are on the old forum or were lost otherwise, I will just say hello again...

I have been an on and off DAZ user, but for me things have greatly improved since v4: I'm now able to find my content.

My main application is iClone, but lately there has been a symbiosis in the making, such that DAZ figures can be used in iClone. Rumor has it that they will soon be able to talk!

• DurirDurir Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone, I thought that I have been on here for a week now, and have spoken to a few fine people on here that I better introduce my self to you all.

As I said, I have been using DAZ for about a week now (I think that my family and friend are getting worried about me not being around. lol). I used to like drawing when I was younger but stopped when I joined the Royal Navy as I had so little time. This has been something that I have wanted to learn for a long time, but until now I have not had the chance. I am now wondering what life was like before it! lol.

The sort of art work that I will be hoping to make will be medieval art work and superhero work. When I get a little better with the software I will posting some picture for people to tell me better ways of doing things.

So a BIG hi to everyone and one thing...............If I stop using DAZ, is there some sort of addiction clinic around?????

edited December 1969

Welcome Valz, Zuijlen and Durir to the DAZ Forums. Do join the fun in the New Users forums, and welcome to your latest addiction.

@Durir - BTW, there's no addiction clinic around here, or we'd all be insanely boring. ;-)

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Welcome Valz, Zuijlen and Durir to the DAZ Forums. Do join the fun in the New Users forums, and welcome to your latest addiction.

@Durir - BTW, there's no addiction clinic around here, or we'd all be insanely boring. ;-)

Thanks Miss B for the welcome. So no clinic.......... Oh well, I will have to make sure that I do not stop coming up with ideas to make up. lol

edited December 1969

Durir said:
    Miss B said:

Thanks Miss B for the welcome. So no clinic.......... Oh well, I will have to make sure that I do not stop coming up with ideas to make up. lol

No 12 step program around here, some of us actually revel in our Addict status. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Durir said:
    If I stop using DAZ, is there some sort of addiction clinic around?????
    You've got to be kidding. Just check my status as a member, right above my avatar.
    edited December 1969

Ok guys and girls, after hearing what you have to say should I stop now before it is too late for me??????? Or is it too late already? lol

edited December 1969

Once you get started your hooked and there's no going back

edited December 1969

Oh well there is no hope for me then. :-) I am loving what I am doing, and from what I have seen on here, I could not be in finer company. So thank you for the hi's and all, and I will let my self slip in to rendering galore. lol. I am going to take part in things as much as I can.

edited December 1969

If you have any question please don't be afraid to ask. Just come join us in the New Users forum and ask away.

• MarveLMarveL Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

Hi, My name is MarveL and altho I am an old customer of DAZ ( started when they were Zygote Productions in the 90's ) I haven't posted on any forums before. I was a Sci-Fi & Mystery novel Illustrator in NYC but am on sabbatical now... I am not sure how to post messages from scratch- not just as a reply--so I may need a little help there. Also where to upload an Avatar. I have come across a great free professional 3d model site ( I think it was originally geared for architects ) and wanted to share it, but don't know the forum to use etc...THX M

edited December 1969

Hi MarveL, unlike you, I am still really new to the program and the forums. The people that I have spoken too so far are really nice, so any problems you have just ask away. I am sure that there is loads of people who are willing to help out where they can.

All the same welcome and hope to see your posts soon.

edited December 1969

Hello Marval and welcome to the forums. be sure to join us in the New User forums to get all your questions answered. If you go to a forum main page that shows all the different threads. At the bottom right there is a "New Topic" button that you press if you want to start a new thread. To change your avatar. When your in the forum index page, select Your Control Panel (just above the links to view new posts, active topic, view pending, and mark all read) once in there on the left select Edit Avatar. Browse to an gif, jpg, or png

edited December 1969

Welcome Marvel, as said come join us in the New Users Help Forum for your questions. And do not worry if your Avatar does not work right now, I think the Site is having a Hic-up with those right now.

edited December 1969

Yeah as Jaderail says we are currently having problems with Avatars and image banners. Hopefully this will be sorted sometimes in the not too distant future.

edited December 1969

My bad. I forgot the avatars were broken. Bad Mod!

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Durir said:
    Miss B said:

No 12 step program around here, some of us actually revel in our Addict status. :coolsmile:
    Ain't that the truth!! :coolsmirk:
  • StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 1969

DAZ_bfurner said:Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

Hi, my name is… Well you really don't want to know my real name but for my online life I go by stormlyght. By day, I'm a front-end web developer. In the evenings (if I'm not to brain drained from my real job), I'm a hobbyist digital artist. I love playing in Photoshop, Corel Painter, Lightwave 3D, Poser, and now Daz Studio.

Right now I'm primarily a lurker as I try to figure out DS, which I downloaded back in November. I'm having a lot of fun implementing the different suggestions for renders and lighting; and working through the tutorials. The information on the different forums is awesome. Thank you for being such a wonderful community!

Okay, my real name is Tricia or at work it's "hey you."

edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums. If you have any questions come and join us in the New Users forum. We have a dedicated bunch of community volunteers to help with anything you have to ask.

edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ forums stormlyght (Tricia), and welcome to your latest addiction. :-)

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Welcome to the DAZ forums stormlyght (Tricia), and welcome to your latest addiction. :-)

Thank you all for the welcome.

Yes. It has already become an addiction. I've spent my entire Sunday reading the forums :)

edited December 1969

Miss B said:

Thank you all for the welcome.

Yes. It has already become an addiction. I've spent my entire Sunday reading the forums :)
    Oh that's not the addiction part. The addiction is when you open the software and can't close it . . . that's the addiction. :coolgrin:

• Chou-VertChou-Vert Posts: 122
    edited January 2013

Two weeks ago (has it only been two weeks?), on a whim, I downloaded your product, DAZ Studio 4.5. In the past I had taken a look at previous versions of your products, and although I was intrigued and impressed by the ambition of their scope, for myself, I found them too cumbersome to use, not flexible enough, too expensive and my initial results did not reinforce an investment of time and money. After a few minutes of using version 4.5 and your Genesis character model, I realized what an extraordinary improvement to your product you've made and that it would be extremely fun to use. Free is a very reasonable price for the software itself and I have, oh so willingly, spent a great deal of money on content so far. Let's face it, software programs are not very compelling, but a giant robot or Mediterranean street-scape or wizards robes or an enchanted forest cottage entwined with wisteria inhabited by an avatar of my younger self, here's my money!

The quality of your Genesis model is outstanding. While your previous models improved from generation to generation, even generation 4, save for perhaps with a great deal work and refining, remained within the uncanny valley. Your Genesis models have left the valley behind. For me, they bring to mind the luminous realism of the 19th century French Academy painters like Ingres. In my opinion, the Genesis models are superior to the previous generations by a magnitude and I look forward to seeing what new products are developed with this model and purchasing them for my library.

The new lighting environment’s (I'm a fan of the uberenviroment plug-ins and the other uber-isms) and rendering options give your users very rewarding results without real suffering. As I know little about lighting technique I've downloaded and purchased some tutorials. "Easy to Use, Hard to Master", is an excellent product model. Every day I learn something new thanks primarily to the excellent videos on YouTube provided by various DAZ3D community members. And with each bit of new knowledge, my scenes improve; this, I think, is the thing that is most fun about DAZ Studio.

In closing, I just want to express my gratitude to your dedication to your product and your users. You have made a new user, customer and fan.

Post edited by Chou-Vert on
  • drawsomedrawsome Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi, I'm a returning user who found a previous version of Daz too complicated and confusing to learn. Also, my computer would freeze every now and again so it was really frustrating and I gave up. I have a newer computer now, so I thought I wouId give it another try, so I recently downloaded Daz 4.5 and I have spent 30 or so hours playing with the genesis model/figure and was able to actually do something!
    I made a couple of different characters, modified them, and posed them to react to each other(all in the same scene). I now want to learn how to put them into an environment with props, learn lighting, etc. and play some more. I guess I will be watching the tutorials and reading the new users forum to get help in doing that.
    My main interest at the moment lies in creating realistic character driven CG picture stories which I may want to add text to. It would be like a little film strip of stills.
    As a new user,I've enjoyed reading the other posters comments and the welcoming spirit of this forum. Thanks.

PS. I'm thinking of getting the Victoria and Michael combo bundle. OK for a new user? What other beginner products would you recommend?