Saving Shaders as DSON files

KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm trying to finish up a product and am getting a really odd error on my shader files. When the files are used on a different computer it throws up a missing data error for geometry. One example is - /data/auto_adapted/k_votivestandshrt_2844/geometry_0711aa58_b35f_519f_4b2c_310dda274585/k_votivestandshrt.dsf

It varies depending on what object I was using when I saved the file. I've looked at the file in a text editor and this is what I am finding.

snip:

"scene" : {
"materials" : [
{
"url" : "#Glass",
"extra" : [
{
"type" : "studio/material/daz_shader"
}
]
}
],
"animations" : [
{
"url" : "name://@selection#materials:?uv_set",
"keys" : [ [ 0, "/data/auto_adapted/k_votivestandshrt_2844/geometry_0711aa58_b35f_519f_4b2c_310dda274585/k_votivestandshrt.dsf#default" ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection#materials:?diffuse/value",
"keys" : [ [ 0, [ 0, 0, 0.3529412 ] ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection#materials:?diffuse/image",
"keys" : [ [ 0, null ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection#materials:?extra/studio_material_channels/channels/Diffuse Active/value",
"keys" : [ [ 0, true ] ]

end snip

I rechecked saving and there is no option not to save the animation information and I'm not 100 percent sure that it should be saving the scene information since that is the name of the original surface. Since shader presets should be usable on any surface of any object that seems odd.

It seems like the shader preset does properly apply but I can't send it in till I sort out the error.

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited January 2013

Change

“animations” : [
    {
    “url” : “name://@selection#materials:?uv_set”,
    “keys” : [ [ 0, “/data/auto_adapted/k_votivestandshrt_2844/geometry_0711aa58_b35f_519f_4b2c_310dda274585/k_votivestandshrt.dsf#default” ] ]
    },
    {
    “url” : “name://@selection#materials:?diffuse/value”,
    “keys” : [ [ 0, [ 0, 0, 0.3529412 ] ] ]
    },

to

“animations” : [
    {
    “url” : “name://@selection#materials:?diffuse/value”,
    “keys” : [ [ 0, [ 0, 0, 0.3529412 ] ] ]
    },

That will stop it from looking for the UV set of the mesh.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much! All sorted now.