NEW Tyler and Miki 4.0 products--. PROBLEM: Bone rotations create deforms in the wrong places!

2»

Comments

• Orion_UkOrion_Uk Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Well I took the plunge and did a sidegrade to Poser 2012, for $256.54 and installed SP3..

I still can not get the bones to rotate correctly for the thumb and pinky :(

See images below..

Fenric did say that these utilities wont work on all Poser characters but I believe that he has has a lot more success with Tyler than I have ( given the fact that hes awesome and I am learning there is no suprise there! ;P ) strange!

I thought I was rotating the wrong bones/pivot points but as you will see from the images, the pinky knuckle pivot point is in the wrong place, too high up in to the hand!

Also, (regarding the thumb) the middle knuckle (rthumb3) being rotated results in the thumb going out of shape!

Given the fact that Fenric knows so much and I know so little, where the heck can I be going wrong now?

Samples.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 485K
    rpinky0-before_rotation_.PNG
    864 x 446 - 232K
    rpinky0-after_rotation_.PNG
    465 x 444 - 109K
    incorrect_pivot_point-pinky.PNG
    452 x 368 - 143K
    correct_pivot_point.PNG
    507 x 361 - 147K
    Post edited by Orion_Uk on
  • FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited December 1969

That's not what I get, so I suggest you take it from the top...

1. Fix Poser's Tyler.CR2 so the feet are parented to the shins
    2. Open that Tyler in PPro2012, run "MergeAllZonesToWeights", and save to a new file (make sure no PMD!) --> TylerForCarrara.cr2
    3. Run "PreparePoserFile" on TylerForCarrara.cr2 --> TylerForCarrara_converted.cr2
    4. Open TylerForCarrara_converted.cr2 in Carrara with the Browser (double click on it)
    5. Save TylerForCarrara.car
    6. Run PoserWeightmapInjector
    -- CAR file is "TylerForCarrara.car"
    -- CR2 file is "TylerForCarrara_converted.cr2"
    -> TylerForCarrara_converted.car

ERASE the files: TylerForCarrara.cr2, TylerForCarrara_converted.cr2, TylerForCarrara.car
    RENAME: TylerForCarrara_converted.car -> Tyler.car

Untitled-1.jpg
    600 x 324 - 48K
  • Orion_UkOrion_Uk Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Hope this image says it all :)

Thank_you2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 730K
    Thank_you_Fenric.png
    1920 x 1080 - 854K
    Post edited by Orion_Uk on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thanks, appreciate this, wonder if it will work with poser 11 and the new adjust bone centres for radical morphs gizmo they have, will try tonight

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

want to add my thanks! smiley